• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
They still freezing at that ratio? Weird. Up the percentage of rum to 60 and tell us the results please.

The results were pretty decent for blender made iced drinks. A bit of the vanilla coke settled at the bottom, but it was pretty legit. Caught a nice buzz and watched Mad Max.

The first film is incredibly jarring to me having only watched Fury Road. It's not very apocalyptic.

I bought The Black Mirror because that probably my favourite Batman story ever and a few other things. I remembered "Mystery Society" from a preview a while back and bought the first volume of that. It was pleasant and fun, if a bit slight.

My LCS is clearing out boxes of new books that customers let build up and didn't come back to buy.
Im getting like 10 issues or so of Detective Comics #871 and up (black mirror). One of the first Bat stories I read when getting back into comics.

Looks sweeet

Alright. It's been a while since we've done this. ComicGAF Gamer ID round up!

PSN: TruKill420

I know, its bad ass and very mature,,,, and very old

Mitch

Banned
I have a box and a half of comics, plus a stack of Hellboy and Walking Dead books I'd like to get rid of. It's all mostly DC New 52 stuff, and some newer Marvel issues (2012-2013). Not sure where to even go to sell. They're all bagged & boarded, and majority were not even read after purchasing. Pretty great condition.

Just looking for some advice on pricing, best place to sell and what not. I'd really like to find someone interested in getting into comics. It's not a rare collection or anything, plus digital is huge right now. Tired of it sitting on my shelf, collecting dust.

Was thinking about using the B/S/T thread.

Messi

Thanks guys. I'm gonna skip this sale but I've thought about getting the hardcovers before and this makes me a little more confident in ordering them in the future.

The hardcovers are absolutely beautiful. Image does a crazy good job on the hardcovers. They feel so hefty.

Messi

The only Image HCs I have are the Casanova ones and they're super high quality. That's why I've been eyeing them.

Same quality. Have no worries about getting them. I love the covers too.

1500770_10152110884677040_776664085_o.jpg

1484005_10152110884822040_1110001464_o.jpg

Messi

I started reading (sorry) Teen Titans : Earth One Vol 1. I just wanted to say that the Dodson's continue to be incredibly talented. I also hadn't realized this was written by Lemire.

Zombine

Banned
If I'm making the June OT please let me know so I can start looking through the June list of releases...

Spike, if you're not making it just shoot me a PM.

Has anyone got the 1st Busiek Avengers Omni?

I can get it for about 50 but if the binding is bad...

Also is Remenders Uncanny Avengers good or was AXIS just a nosedive?

Boogiepop

Has anyone got the 1st Busiek Avengers Omni?

I can get it for about 50 but if the binding is bad...

Also is Remenders Uncanny Avengers good or was AXIS just a nosedive?

I have it, but I'm also not a great judge of that, I think. Or at least I've never had anything bug me in terms of Omnis, so I'm guessing I'm probably not a good judge.

Also, I really liked Uncanny Avengers, for what it's worth.

Yes it is but: what does the early 80s have to do with how great it is or isn't?

Inking and coloring in the 80s was not done digitally like it is today. Colors in a lot of 80s comics were flat and looked generic. Lighting didn't seem too important. The green palette and high vegetation really lends itself to making the scenes very dramatic. Also, out of all the 80s art I have seen, they do scene blurring really good, could pass for digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom