• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott wants the school to turn into a PMC. They can come under and defend themselves (like they're being trained to) without going full military.

I mean, you put it like that, but all he was doing was keeping the status quo they had for...the past decade or so? Then Wolverine murdered his kids and decided it wasn't good enough anymore. Can you honestly say Morrison's New X-Men and the following New X-Men run was all that bad?

Let's remember the beginning of that:

x-men-conflict.png

What could've been done differently?

Scott's 100% right. Eyeboy becomes a goddamn superspy. EYEBOY.

"Sunset over Houma

The rains have stopped. Clouds like plugs of bloodied cotton wool dab ineffectually at the slashed wrist of the sky."

I just stopped and just stared at that panel and read that line a few times before I decided to share. From Swamp Thing 22.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
You read something didn't you?

HAH. You expect too much.

Asked the girl from the bouldering gym out to coffee. :D

I kiiinda choked and didn't end up asking her to coffee when I was at the bouldering gym with her, but she asked me if I had Facebook and added me, then when I got home (well, just a few minutes ago actually) after making some conversation on Facebook I asked her if she wanted to get coffee this weekend and she said "Yeah!!!"
I feel slightly dumb for not getting myself to ask her in person, but the end result is the same, so whatever. Haha

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Celebrate by burning all of your comics, Kipp! Also, way to go, yo.

besada

Banned
I know they've done a bunch of crazy stuff with Booster Gold, but now he's
Waverider
? What's next, Booster Gold, the
Time Trapper? Infinite Man?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

I kiiinda choked and didn't end up asking her to coffee when I was at the bouldering gym with her, but she asked me if I had Facebook and added me, then when I got home (well, just a few minutes ago actually) after making some conversation on Facebook I asked her if she wanted to get coffee this weekend and she said "Yeah!!!"
I feel slightly dumb for not getting myself to ask her in person, but the end result is the same, so whatever. Haha

Aww yeah! Go Kipp Go!

I mean, you put it like that, but all he was doing was keeping the status quo they had for...the past decade or so? Then Wolverine murdered his kids and decided it wasn't good enough anymore. Can you honestly say Morrison's New X-Men and the following New X-Men run was all that bad?

Let's remember the beginning of that:

What could've been done differently?

Scott's 100% right. Eyeboy becomes a goddamn superspy. EYEBOY.

Don't you talk shit about Eyeboy

Cade

Hated Legacy but I'm sorry to see it go for you Messi. They could've easily made a great movie out of the third one.

Don't you talk shit about Eyeboy

I like Eyeboy. But I'm saying, that's the legacy Logan has left. Even Eyeboy is an X-Man in the future, which really isn't any big leap from what Cyclops was saying in the first place.

If you are a mutant, someone will eventually come to mess your shit up. You can reliably live with the X-Men, but eventually, you will either have to join them or live beyond the walls of Westchester. In either case, you'll probably need to know how to use your powers to defend yourself, because you'll be attacked by Sentinels, the Purifiers, the Reavers, Mr. Sinister, the Hellfire Club, the Chruch of Humanity, the U-men, the Brotherhood, or whatever.

You want to know what happens to mutants just chilling?

Genosha?

Here's District X.

Xavier School?

The best mutants can hope for is they can pass among humans. Anything else is pretty much a death sentence eventually because that's the odd reality of the Marvel Universe.

I like Eyeboy. But I'm saying, that's the legacy Logan has left. Even Eyeboy is an X-Man in the future, which really isn't any big leap from what Cyclops was saying in the first place.

If you are a mutant, someone will eventually come to mess your shit up. You can reliably live with the X-Men, but eventually, you will either have to join them or live beyond the walls of Westchester. In either case, you'll probably need to know how to use your powers to defend yourself, because you'll be attacked by Sentinels, the Purifiers, the Reavers, Mr. Sinister, the Hellfire Club, the Chruch of Humanity, the U-men, the Brotherhood, or whatever.

You want to know what happens to mutants just chilling?

Genosha?

Here's District X.

The best mutants can hope for is they can pass among humans. Anything else is pretty much a death sentence eventually because that's the odd reality of the Marvel Universe.

Yeah it's the straight truth.

I'm trying to find the Danger Room scene from the first issue of Whedon's run on Astonishing and I can't find it. That pretty much summed up my feelings on the whole issue.

Also, no talking shit about Eyeboy

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Got to the end of Kot's Secret Avengers in MU and had to keep going, so I picked it up on Comixology. Loved the whole thing. Best I've ever seen Deadpool's awareness used. Loved the art too. Matt Walsh should do more things.

frye

I forget if it's actually in Schism or something Gillen wrote (probably the latter if i were to guess tbh) but the Cyclops/Wolverine thing is not this huge messy divorce with them on totally opposite sides that some people/writers think it is because Wolverine gets his school and Cyclops willingly plays the villain with his Extinction Team in order to protect that school. They end up working towards the same thing

that said he's totally wrong and insane in AvX

Congrats dude, be sure to talk about us with her
Got to the end of Kot's Secret Avengers in MU and had to keep going, so I picked it up on Comixology. Loved the whole thing. Best I've ever seen Deadpool's awareness used. Loved the art too. Matt Walsh should do more things.
Have you read Uncanny X-Force? Deadpool in that was just fantastic and was written so well.

Squire

Banned
Just finished Hickman's Avengers. Goddamn phenomenal run and so tragic. 😭

I just bought SW #1-2 and A-Force #1. Getting SW #3, Years of Future Past #1, and probably Future Imperfect #1 next week.

I am fucking hyped.

zennyzz

Neither side was right in AvX.

Cap and Stark were admittedly in the wrong for thinking they knew better than the mutants

But at the same time, Cyclops was wrong in the situation of making it a mutant issue when it was a "flaming god of death" issue.

And cyclops was only right so much as the end result of the phoenix just happened to do exactly what Cyke wanted.

He didn't exactly put in the necessary steps to make sure things didn't end horribly if giant firebird did what giant firebird usually does

read: murder everything

Neither side was right in AvX.

Cap and Stark were admittedly in the wrong for thinking they knew better than the mutants

But at the same time, Cyclops was wrong in the situation of making it a mutant issue when it was a "flaming god of death" issue.

And cyclops was only right so much as the end result of the phoenix just happened to do exactly what Cyke wanted.

He didn't exactly put in the necessary steps to make sure things didn't end horribly if giant firebird did what giant firebird usually does

read: murder everything

It was a game of poker that he played terribly and yet still somehow won

Nudull

Banned
Cyclops is a murderin' lunatic who doesn't give two shits about the mutants outside his revolution clique and his groupies. The Pheonix was just a convinient alibi.

#avengexavier

Cade

Cyclops is a murderin' lunatic who doesn't give two shits about the mutants outside his revolution clique and his groupies. The Pheonix was just a convinient alibi.

#avengexavier

You and I will stay sane in the midst of these revisionist history nuts, Nudull.

#TeamPsylocke because eh

zennyzz

Cyke was right because he understands the Phoenix force.

When has Cyke ever understood the Phoenix force?

Knowing people who had it isn't understanding it. By that token, Wolverine is also a Phoenix Force expert. Hell he's even more qualified considering he actually was a user for a while.

And for being so understanding he didn't:

1. Tell Hope she was a potential host for the Phoenix force. She had to learn that from robot Hannibal Lecter.

2. Train Hope at all to actually channel the Phoenix

3. Have a contingency plan in case the Phoenix went dark (which it is repeatedly prone to doing.)

4. Consider his own daughter who was an accomplished host of the Phoenix to host it again

5. Have the potential host fuse with firebird off world just in case

His Phoenix plan amounted to

1. Have Hope Fuse with Phoenix
2. Hope now has god like powers
3. ???
4. profit

Fight the good fight nudull. Nobody was right and nobody won in AvX..especially the reader

I also noticed Gambit got juniored. So I guess that ends his reign of click bait "lol comics" OT threads.

Fight the good fight nudull. Nobody was right and nobody won in AvX..especially the reader

I also noticed Gambit got juniored. So I guess that ends his reign of click bait "lol comics" OT threads.

And here, on this day

Never, never did I think I would see such a beautiful, beautiful post in my life.

None of the stars in the sky could hath shown so brightly, and exposed the furious truth so clearly and cleanly, than this post.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished Rucka's Punisher run. Peaked early in the first 4-5 issues, never got back to that level. I started the current NOW series, but I'm guessing they're completely ignoring the previous continuity? Frank's got his eye back he lost in the Vulture fight and somehow he escaped that water prison they put him in

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
You guys talking about Cyclops being a Phoenix Force expert reminds me of one of the better Cyclops theories I read. The idea is that because at the time Jean was possessed by the Phoenix Force she had a intimate psychic link to Scott he felt some of the high of her powers and has been an addict to the Phoenix Force on the low ever sense.

It explains why he ditched his wife and child for jean when she came back, why he always obsessed over jean, and why he went so hard for the Phoenix Force to return in AvX. Deep down he always wants that power and him using it at the end of times runs out instead of giving it to Hope just adds to the theory. I doubt it happens but it would be really interesting to see if Hickman goes there with Scott in SW's because in a way he is like a addict with a mountain of cocaine.

Did you tell her about me yet

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

atta boy kipp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom