• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That promo made me MCU fatigued. I do find it funny the complete opposite reactions of a Cap vs Iron man promo fight. Compared to the super vs batman teaser.

I just hate how they hijacked caps movie for a civil war event. I wanted a continuation of the Cap/Bucky Brubakers story. But now they're going to try both and wedge all this here's fighting each other in it.
I really hate how Marvel is trying to get everyone to think Civil War is a great story concept between that and revisiting it in Secret Wars. It's not and I'm tired of reading about superheroes suddenly being dicks to each other.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK - I put together a Google Form to fill out for my Squirrel Girl digital giveaway! Quote to see!

It's a short form with me requesting some comic suggestions. :)

GrandHarrier is absolutely the worst influence in my life. My goodness. lol.

hpO2E3Y.jpg

tim1138

OK - I put together a Google Form to fill out for my Squirrel Girl digital giveaway! Quote to see!

It's a short form with me requesting some comic suggestions. :)

I don't need the codes, but I threw some recommendations your way. What'd you think of Saucer Country?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't need the codes, but I threw some recommendations your way. What'd you think of Saucer Country?

I haven't read it yet - I just found the first 10 issues at my local Half-Price Books and grabbed them. I will be reading them in the next few days now that my collection is getting organized. :)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Damn, I wish PunisherMAX was on MU.

At least I can read Rucka's run & dive back into Priest's BP.

So, comicGAF, question. I'm looking at picking up the Immortal Iron Fist complete collection volumes. I'm wondering if vol. 2 is even worth it, though. It sounds like Fraction/Brubaker ended their run on a definitive note and vol. 1 covers that; from what I've seen of critics' reviews, it looks like the series went downhill from there. Should I skip vol. 2?

Yeah, you'll be set with just the first book of Iron Fist.

zennyzz

Jean.

There will be a teenage drama book post-SW with Miles, Kamala, the O5, X23, America Chavez and 616 Kate Bishop. And it will be awesome.

I'd seriously buy that.

Aren't America and Kate markedly older than th O5, Miles and Kamala?

Like somewhere between 4 - 6 years?

Like I'm pretty sure they're on the crux of being Avengers proper.

Messi

Jean.

There will be a teenage drama book post-SW with Miles, Kamala, the O5, X23, America Chavez and 616 Kate Bishop. And it will be awesome.

I'd seriously buy that.

Be still my heart.

Aren't America and Kate markedly older than th O5, Miles and Kamala?

Like somewhere between 4 - 6 years?

Like I'm pretty sure they're on the crux of being Avengers proper.

Kate is 21 and America is 17-18

GAMEPROFF

Banned
All these shipping is very creepy.

In other news, finally preordered the new Wolfenstein. Yeah, time to play another incarnation of the best Ego-Shooter of the last years \o/

tim1138

I haven't read it yet - I just found the first 10 issues at my local Half-Price Books and grabbed them. I will be reading them in the next few days now that my collection is getting organized. :)

It was a great series, I think Rafa and I were the only ones reading it when it was coming out, so there was never any discussion here about it.

zennyzz

Kate can be everyone's chaperone or something. A bit like Kitty in ANXM.

I realize I forgot to add Runaways characters and I'm essentially asking for a new Runaways.

I miss Runaways. :(

Eh, I don't think runaways works with established hero teens. A big point of runaways is that they need to be runaways.

If they ever do a legit new runaways, I hope it's not a redux cause the current runaways aren't runaways anymore.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It was a great series, I think Rafa and I were the only ones reading it when it was coming out, so there was never any discussion here about it.

I love this sort of stuff, so I'm sure I'll love it. That's why I grabbed the X-Files Year Zero stuff. I'm also trying to hunt down the OG Topps X-Files stuff, but it's harder to find than I thought....

God damn it. Legion is not for me.

There's great Legion stories out there. Giffen>Burnbaum LoSH/Legionnaires all the way to those Copiel issues (was that Abnett/Lanning by then?) are incredible comics. But any recent attempts after Waid were terrible. Johns got them cooking in Final Crisis and the guest appearances he wrote but they haven't had a good book of their own in a long while.

Eh, I don't think runaways works with established hero teens. A big point of runaways is that they need to be runaways.

If they ever do a legit new runaways, I hope it's not a redux cause the current runaways aren't runaways anymore.
I think the (brilliant) premise of runaways/evil parents is only half Runaways. Where the book knocks it out of the park is when it describes growing up, being an outsider and figuring out who you want to be. In that sense, I'd like a Runaways successor. Gillen kind of went for it but it didn't perfectly scratch that narrative itch IMO.

To an extent, this is all the classic Teen Peter Parker / Kitty Pryde archetype but on the level of a team with added drama.

Edit: welp <3

Owzers

Siege might be the only secret wars tie-in i pre-order. Even though i'm skeptical of the nextwave bait, I still have hope for the book.

zennyzz

I think the (brilliant) premise of runaways/evil parents is only half Runaways. Where the book knocks it out of the park is when it describes growing up, being an outsider and figuring out who you want to be. In that sense, I'd like a Runaways successor. Gillen kind of went for it but it didn't perfectly scratch that narrative itch IMO.

To an extent, this is all the classic Teen Peter Parker / Kitty Pryde archetype but on the level of a team with added drama.

Edit: welp <3

That's kinda what I said?

rrc1594

Batman Spolier
Wait a minute so the next
Batman is going to be Gordon in a robot suit? Yeah I'm take a break till Bruce comes back

zennyzz

Spurrier, Walker and Elsa Bloodstone.

I usually never once cared for Marvel Zombies, but you're testing me, Secret Wars.

Wait a minute so the next
Batman is going to be Gordon in a robot suit? Yeah I'm take a break till Bruce comes back

I think it's interesting because

Batman

Someone is taking up the mantle who isn't a nutjob or bat family. Curious to see where Gordon draws the line with force and how he handles Bat's rogue gallery. I can totally understand why someone would not care for the storyline but I think Snyder is able to make it interesting. JPV was totally disappointing because of the system shit.

Damn you Batman The Animated Series, Damn you and Bruce Timm and how good you were and how ingrained into children's childhoods you became.

Actually blame the 60's TV series that introduced Barbara to the mythos and ingrained itself in Bruce Timm and Paul Dini's heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom