• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

That's what $4.99 is for, right sillymonkey? :p

Good thing I'm not buying that much Secret Wars stuff.

At least when you buy a 4.99 book you know it's going to be good, it's like Nintendo's Seal of Quality.

it seemed like Harden and Lebron had diminished roles today, fairly disappointing, though i don't miss Harden shooting free throws every two minutes. There was one play where harden flopped his way out of a drive and the clippers scored on the other end, reminded me of his poor performance in the finals on the Thunder years back. I think he'll turn it around though...

this medium is kind of awesome guise, if a bit expensive, but awesome nonetheless.
It makes my wallet sad :(
DCs week 5 CMX Convergence sale. Including Ruckas Batwoman detective comics (a must own) and Captain Carrot. Because why not!? Cartoon physics for all

https://www.comixology.com/Convergence-Week-5-Sale/page/6497?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA

Oh nice, how are those Captain Carrot issues? Multiversity made me very interested in him.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Courtesy of Sinitar in the Avengers/New Avengers OT

17325736411_a6719d7735_o.png

Flipping through the multiple OHCs to read this will be a mess.

And more and more I think I will wait until I own all OHCs.

Owzers

They're Not Like Us #1 - very introduction heavy and the art looked a little too scraggly for me, but the direction it closed on will get me to buy the trade. Random 7/10 with added curiosity.

Bloodember

I'm just going to assume marvel has monkeys working on MU, I swear its down damn near half the time. It hasn't worked for me all night.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh All New Cap is a Remender joint, no wonder I liked it

How all the hype moved from Age of Ultron over to Civil War, only because a artwork was posted.

Well, AoU came out. Nothing to be hype about, since it already dropped.

Civil War, tho...now there's something to get hype about.

Currently, as far as Mahvel stuff goes, I'm hype for this season's last three episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Gon be siiiiiick

tim1138

Oh yea. He's way more Ellis than anyone. Hickmans FF start is the spiritual successor of Ellis's planetary.

Hickman's entire Marvel run from FF through Avengers is inspired by Planetary.

DCBS half-off debate:

They're Not Like Us vol 1
Bitch Planet vol 1
Annihilators hardcover
Chrononauts vol 1
Effigy vol 1

Any opinions for these? I know people liked Bitch Planet, Annihilators got some support before it was resolicited, then early likes towards TNLU and Chrononauts, but how are things shaping up for the trade? Out of all of those i've read the first issue of Bitch Planet and wasn't sold on it and I'm going to read TNLU #1 tonight.

Annihilator and Bitch Planet are both awesome. Now if only the last issue of Annihilator would come out...

Given my short attention span/fibrofog I tend to find instrumental stuff best for reading to.
Shite like Explosions in the Sky & Mogwai.

However recently I have managed to learn to switch off a bit better meaning some classic indie rock creeps into my comics playlists.

They released a sourcebook, seems like he was still able to escape.

God damnit.

I think my recent dislike of Boba Fett is that character in Rebels with the Mandolorian armor who randomly has an exposed naked neck below the helmet. Nice of the Mandolorians to make midriff exposing armor too. It just looks so dumb. They've retroactively managaed to make the Mandolorian look dumb.

Hellers

Annihilator and Bitch Planet are both awesome. Now if only the last issue of Annihilator would come out...

Bitch Planet reads like a title that would have a natural home in 2000AD (Or probably the Megazine given how graphic it is). It's fantastic.

Zombine

Banned
God damnit.

I think my recent dislike of Boba Fett is that character in Rebels with the Mandolorian armor who randomly has an exposed naked neck below the helmet. Nice of the Mandolorians to make midriff exposing armor too. It just looks so dumb. They've retroactively managaed to make the Mandolorian look dumb.

You say that like anyone in that show actually has a good shot.

Not to mention that bare midriff gives +20 defense and you're immune to crits.

You say that like anyone in that show actually has a good shot.

Not to mention that bare midriff gives +20 defense and you're immune to crits.

You're right of course. I randomly watched a episode yesterday and their group was clustered together and literally surrounded by Stormtroopers and you heard blaster fire but didn't even see a single shot in their general direction, let alone one that might have threatened them. It took the bad shot meme to a whole new level of lol.

Mindwipe

There is no conceivable way a nine year old thought AOU was "too short". None.

Sejic seems to imply on Facebook that Sunstone is starting to tank also due to lack of advertising. It's all falling apart isn't it :(. I assume Sunstone Vol 2 must have done nowhere near as well as Vol 1.

I imagine "tank" is a relative term, but it certainly won't have helped that the second book still hasn't been released internationally (Amazon tells me May 12th for the UK). It really harms the "out now" message for a volume 2.

Hickman's stuff isn't anything like Grant Morrison's.

If you are going to compare him to a previously established writer, I would say that he is a less cynical Warren Ellis.

We are talking about the man who wrote The Nightly News here.

God damnit.

Psh. I know you ain't hating on Sabine. >:O

Psh. I know you ain't hating on Sabine. >:O

Only person I like so far is the older Jedi guy cause he is always sighing at the stupid shit the others are doing. It's like, yeah brother, I feel ya.

Oh, the Twi'lek girl is also alright. I did find it hilarious that weird helmeted Imperial guy was like, "AH FROM THE WAY YOU ARE DRESSED YOU MUST BE THE ACE PILOT". It's like bro you be stereotyping. Also yeah they make every rogueish pilot look the same.

Messi

Messi. How is the original Kessel/Dodson Harley series? Any good?

Not sure. Probably not great but I'm buying them to find out

I really enjoyed it. It's classic Harley hijinks before she went all grimdark. They earlier stuff is much better than the later stuff. Worth it for Dodson's art alone imo.

tim1138

I liked the Mandos on Clone Wars, especially the Deathwatch guy with the ancient black lightsaber. I've never cared for Boba Fett though, as a kid I thought he was comic relief in Jedi.

Messi

how are uncanny and all new x-men annuals?

The Eva Bell ones? Really good and really messed up. Fantastic art.

Everyone should pick up Ruckas Batwoman run in today's Convergence sale. It is my favorite run for Batwoman and rucka does a terrific Jobe writing Kate. Legit badass book. The art and panelling is also incredible.

zennyzz

The Eva Bell ones? Really good and really messed up. Fantastic art.

Everyone should pick up Ruckas Batwoman run in today's Convergence sale. It is my favorite run for Batwoman and rucka does a terrific Jobe writing Kate. Legit badass book. The art and panelling is also incredible.

yeah I saw the art and was like "It's eva bell and art this good together."

How all the hype moved from Age of Ultron over to Civil War, only because a artwork was posted.
That promo made me MCU fatigued. I do find it funny the complete opposite reactions of a Cap vs Iron man promo fight. Compared to the super vs batman teaser.

I just hate how they hijacked caps movie for a civil war event. I wanted a continuation of the Cap/Bucky Brubakers story. But now they're going to try both and wedge all this here's fighting each other in it.

So, comicGAF, question. I'm looking at picking up the Immortal Iron Fist complete collection volumes. I'm wondering if vol. 2 is even worth it, though. It sounds like Fraction/Brubaker ended their run on a definitive note and vol. 1 covers that; from what I've seen of critics' reviews, it looks like the series went downhill from there. Should I skip vol. 2?

Damn you Batman The Animated Series, Damn you and Bruce Timm and how good you were and how ingrained into children's childhoods you became.

Hell, you could blame it on the 1960s series or the Batman & Robin film for that matter.

Basically. Cass has the longest run and Steph the craziest batshit fans. But BTAS ruined the role for anyone else.

WHAT'S THAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom