• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
I'm going to blame Germany for giving us Conrad Veidt, and Louis Lumier for creating the portable camera. These things got the Joker ingrained in our head and it's awful.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
How you gonna get a good night of sleep otherwise? Certainly won't happen with Johnny and Pete two-timing four skanks while getting blasted on spacemare's milk at 5 am on a tuesday.

There should be a party series where characters go on crazy benders with johnny, but they cycle out brave and the bold style

Messi

Samnee sketch for the day. Batwoman and the Question.

XoIo4TF.jpg

Oh my god. What do I need to do to get him and Rucka to do this.

They were both in the recent New Warriors series weren't they?
They were but then Marvel took it from us leaving it with kind of a shitty conclusion. We're never gonna get Aracely's full story :/

And I saw the Samnee sketch on tumblr. That man can do no wrong in my eyes. One of the best artists at Marvel or DC and he seems like a cool guy in general.

We have looked into your equity request for Caitlin Snow, but you are not eligible for equity in the character, as she first appeared in the New 52 series Fury of Firestorm. That said, if Caitlin Snow eventually becomes Killer Frost on the Flash TV show, you will receive participations for Killer Frost. The creators of Caitlin Snow are NOT eligible for equity either, as that character is derivative of Killer Frost, created by you and Al Milgrom.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

MG310

Next up, she becomes Killer Frost but they never refer to her as that by name and the action figure just says Caitlin Snow on the box. So they still don't get paid.

I wonder if any of them got money for Injustice since that is the 2nd Killer Frost.

tim1138

Ugh, according to Image's website, the second issue of Manhatttan Projects won't drop until June. The first issue of the relaunch came out in March. Hickman and Pitarra need to get their shit together.

Messi

Ugh, according to Image's website, the second issue of Manhatttan Projects won't drop until June. The first issue of the relaunch came out in March. Hickman and Pitarra need to get their shit together.

Hickman has decided to use the Hawkeye release schedule? That's a long time to wait for a second issue. But not as bad as say Sabrina. Any idea what the holdup is?

tim1138

Hickman has decided to use the Hawkeye release schedule? That's a long time to wait for a second issue. But not as bad as say Sabrina. Any idea what the holdup is?

Who knows, it's probably his Marvel schedule.
It's super annoying though, they should have held issue 1 back until they knew they could get 2 out on time.

Damn, this is terrible. I looked up where this came from.

http://gerryconway.tumblr.com/post/117619743363/who-created-caitlin-snow-on-theflash-according

Let’s say DC agrees you created a character, like, for example, Killer Frost. In your original creation, Killer Frost had a secret identity named Crystal Frost. Later, a “new” Killer Frost is created for the New 52, and this new Killer Frost has a secret identity named Caitlin Snow.

You’ll be pleased to hear (I hope) that DC agrees I and Al Milgrom are the co-creators of all manifestations of “Killer Frost.” We are also considered the co-creators of Crystal Frost. And, of course, by the twisted logic that credits Power Girl as a derivation of Superman, Al and I must also be the creators of Killer Frost’s New 52 secret identity, Caitlin Snow.

Right?

No. We’re not. And DC insists we are not. And I agree with DC.

Caitlin Snow was created by Sterling Gates and Derlis Santacruz.

Except, according to DC Entertainment, she wasn’t. Because she was “derived” from the original creation of Killer Frost.

Which means Al Milgrom and I created her.

Except, according to DC Entertainment, we didn’t.

Nobody created her.

styl3s

Has anyone shopped or shops at Hastings? Going to house sit at my sisters for the next 2 weeks and the closest store that has comics in reasonable driving distance is a Hastings and i really want to pick up Secret Wars #1 tomorrow.

I have heard horror stories at cashiers damaging issues when ringing them up but also wondering how good they are at stocking new stuff.

CBTech

Has anyone shopped or shops at Hastings? Going to house sit at my sisters for the next 2 weeks and the closest store that has comics in reasonable driving distance is a Hastings and i really want to pick up Secret Wars #1 tomorrow.

I have heard horror stories at cashiers damaging issues when ringing them up but also wondering how good they are at stocking new stuff.

I've been to Hastings a few times but that was years ago. For the most part they are fine. They actually had a pretty decent selection for pretty good prices. I did notices a few pretty damaged books in the shelves caused by whoever stocked them being a moron. All I gotta say is just look the books over before buying them.

Batman Spolier
Wait a minute so the next
Batman is going to be Gordon in a robot suit? Yeah I'm take a break till Bruce comes back

He's being put there by the Powers company, they feel there needs to always be a Batman and has nothing to do with Bruce or any of the Bat family, it'll be an interesting story.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Ha! Waid's Daredevil reads Saga. The closer to the end, the better it gets. Good luck to the artists who are going to take on the character after Waid and Samnee.

styl3s

I've been to Hastings a few times but that was years ago. For the most part they are fine. They actually had a pretty decent selection for pretty good prices. I did notices a few pretty damaged books in the shelves caused by whoever stocked them being a moron. All I gotta say is just look the books over before buying them.
Most of the horror stories i hear is when they go to ring it up they end up damaging the books because of the way they handle them.

Trying to think of a polite way to tell the cashier not to fuck my books up while ringing them up without coming off as a dick because i had this problem with books-a-millon. This lady rang them up and just threw them in a bag (they weren't bagged/boarded) and it completely fucking up the spine of one and ripped the bottom of another and i wanted to flip a table.

Veelk

Banned
Question for fans of Snyder: what do you think of how his Batman relies on technology?

I really love Snyders run in general, but the way Batman has extremely sci-fi tech is one thing that irks me somewhat. It's not that it has no place or that even Snyder is misusing it, but I feel Batman is stronger when solving his problems intelligently vs having a gadget that does it for him. Snyder makes this palatable for me by going into how technology works or how he thought of it (see the Justice buster suit for an example of what I mean), but I always thought Batman was at his most Badass making due with limited resources.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom