• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zennyzz

Not sure what was my favorite

Silver Age Squirrel Girl team up

Squirrel Saga

Newspaper Strip Squirrel Girl

or Squirrel Girl of the Future

Not sure what was my favorite

Silver Age Squirrel Girl team up

Squirrel Saga

Newspaper Strip Squirrel Girl

or Squirrel Girl of the Future

My daughter hated this issue, and she loves Squirrel Girl. She got up early today to read it before school but couldn't get behind the angle on this story. Based on your description though I suspect I will love it. Such a fun series.

zennyzz

My daughter hated this issue, and she loves Squirrel Girl. She got up early today to read it before school but couldn't get behind the angle on this story. Based on your description though I suspect I will love it. Such a fun series.

yeah it's a very "marvel history" heavy issue.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I want Star Wars #1 details damn it, spoil me like Im a 16 year old cottilion teenager

Zombine

Banned

Just call me Daddy Zombucks

albert-finney-daddy-warbucks.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Its fucking amazing and like the movies.
Prepear to hear the ost playing in your head while readig

"like the movies" doesnt mean anything to me :(

anyone die yet? as much as dying in secret wars matters anyway (or maybe it does)

Saw something really cool at the shop today, I'll post a picture when I get home :O

Also I saw the Batman nendoroid and I thought it looked kinda creepy

Cheska

All this talk about Secret Wars in here, but has anyone read Swords of Sorrow yet? Or any of the Convergence titles for this week?

Rhaknar

btw did we ever find out what
Nick Fury
whispered to Thor in Original Sin to make him unworthy?

Gonna check if this weird foreign LCS somehow stumbled into a physical copy of SW #1. Double dipping the wrong way lol.

btw did we ever find out what
Nick Fury
whispered to Thor in Original Sin to make him unworthy?
Nope. Fingers crossed for next week's issue.

So bummed about Digimon tri :(

It could still turn out okay! Maybe we'll even get localizations in a decent amount of time. The animation quality is definitely going to benefit as well.

EDIT: LOL at that comparison. Seriously, wat.

Did they go all generic animu on it?

Also I should watch that 2nd Tron movie already to see why y'all stalking that lady for...

No, they just turned it into a series of 6 OVAs rather than a series.

So like, I don't get Omega Men.

You kill
Kyle Rayner
to get me to read it? Nah, I think I'm good. Hope you're cancelled in 8 issues.
I saw the page you're talking about, and I'm reasonably certain that it's a fakeout. Had misdirection written all over it, the way the "video" cuts out.

mreddie

Secret Wars Uno:

Wow, Hickman already has a body count. Not a bad start especially when Punisher said fuck it and killed every bad guy in the bar. But seriously, you chose to save Star Lord? Really? And if they chose to save a select few of people you chose Quill and Cyke? Ass.

Rhaknar

is Secret Wars weekly? bi weekly?

I see its 1 of 8, and this wont last for 8 months right?

Youre wrong. Its why he fails to lift Thorr's hammer.

exactly. that whole plot line just seems sort of half baked- the immediate result was that someone else is Thor now, sure- but the "why" behind it was just left unexplained, rendered irrelevant (hey, where did this OTHER hammer come from!) and then reversed on a whim by Thor doing something selfless.

even if they tell us, the "reason" isn't going to be all that groundbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom