• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
I do consider Hickman on par with Morrison. But at this point, neither is better than the other.

If anything, they should do a collab on a intercompany crossover between Marvel and DC that it affects all the books.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I do consider Hickman on par with Morrison. But at this point, neither is better than the other.

If anything, they should do a collab on a intercompany crossover between Marvel and DC that it affects all the books.
To be honest, when Ou think off how often Breevort is currently talking about that this wont happen in the near future, its almost obivious, that it will happen soon.

F U guys made me jump on Secret Wars. I mean I wanted to but I thought i could wait.

YR0y2Ds.jpg

Conner in the top right too, as well as Perez, Eastman, and the artist of Bandette

Colleen Coover <3

Don't. Whole lotta drek in those.

If SW is solid to the very end, then that'd be a near tie.
Hickman aint there yet, tho.

How long did the Batman run end up total? Because Hickman is like 7 issues away from finishing a story that's like over 100 issues long when you start from ff dark reign.

Quality over quantity, sure, but Hickman hadn't dropped the ball once for a single issue over the course of these titles. Morrison has honestly never pulled off anything of this scale.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
RIP The Marvel Universe.

I am thinking about dropping out of Secret Wars. I had no idea what the hell was going in the book. Should wait until Ive read Hickmann Avengers...

Secret Wars #1 can stand up against any Morrison, full stop. 5-10 years no way
Taking all current work into account, Secret Wars > Multiversity: Just and Mastermen but SW 1 doesn't hold a candle to rest of the Multiversity issues.

Secret Wars #0 and #1 bought. I'm in. Think I'll wait until I've finished Avengers though.
But 0 was free. Hope you didn't buy it otherwise you got duped.

Taking all current work into account, Secret Wars > Multiversity: Just and Mastermen but SW 1 doesn't hold a candle to rest of the Multiversity issues.

But 0 was free. Hope you didn't buy it otherwise you got duped.

I paid 50p for a hard copy online. Wouldn't have been able to get one otherwise.

Tizoc

I'm gonna have to give this new SW comic a read, y'all saying some crazy talk comparing it to Morrison's work.

Bii

So, I'm looking at some Heroclix from the upcoming Avengers set; Can someone tell me when Steve Rogers became a Nova Corp member? o_O

I've been thinking about getting into HeroClix but damn, I know I'd drop $$$ too carelessly on it. Maybe I'll start small...

Cade

“I want to play Punisher… I want the Punisher, or Splinter Cell, I want something… I don’t know what I want… [but] I’m not big enough to be The Punisher, I’m 5’9&#8243; [laughs].” - Tom Hardy

where is nottheguyyoukill

PsychBat!

Banned
“I want to play Punisher… I want the Punisher, or Splinter Cell, I want something… I don’t know what I want… [but] I’m not big enough to be The Punisher, I’m 5’9&#8243; [laughs].” - Tom Hardy

where is nottheguyyoukill
banned

I have no idea why.

styl3s

Man Secret Wars #1

Hickman ain't fucking around
No he is not.

My favorite part is still when
The Punisher crashes the villain party and says (and i am paraphrasing) they say you cant take it with you when you die which begs the question.. What am i gonna do with all these bullets? *clac*
put a big ass smile on my face.

How long did the Batman run end up total? Because Hickman is like 7 issues away from finishing a story that's like over 100 issues long when you start from ff dark reign.

Quality over quantity, sure, but Hickman hadn't dropped the ball once for a single issue over the course of these titles. Morrison has honestly never pulled off anything of this scale.

Morrison has also never written without copious amounts of drugs, so there's that.

My concern with Hicks is over endings.

To be fair, their styles are also quite different. Hicks does time shenanigans and progression quite well, whereas Morrison's forte is being somewhat cohesively batshit crazy.

fauxtrot

Banned
One of my Midtown Comics orders showed up today with massive damage to the box and even the bubble wrap couldn't stop my comics from getting little damaged corners... it hurts my heart.

You don't think anything Hickman has ever written for Marvel has ever gotten a bit too self-indulgent and self-congratulating? :p

As for Morrison's run...If it started (sorta) with The Black Casebook and one or two issues of 52...You have Batman & Son (8), The Black Glove (8), Batman RIP (7), Last Rights/The RIP The Missing Chapters (5), Final Crisis (at a push), Batman & Robin (16), The Return of Bruce Wayne inc One Shot (7), Batman Inc Vol 1 (9) and Batman Inc Vol 2 (13) you have...

77 issues or so.

To be fair...i think it's kinda unfair to compare the two of them because the closest Morrison came to writing something similar was Final Crisis...and Hickman's run is something new for Marvel but not new for DC. It's not a knock against it, because fuck if I didn't love Secret Wars #1 and now wish I'd went Croydon with friends to get a variant but...I think if anything...HIckman's Marvel magnum opus has eventually let him get away from being a Morrison-inspired very good writer into one who likes similarly labyrinthian plots but stands on his own merits.

Hopefully after his six month break (or whatever it is) he writes LSH or something for DC. I fear LSH would never get the sales for him to write something for his favourite but...eh. Morrison/Hickman writing Hyper Crisis...*drools*

Spider-Gwen #4 read. That run continues to knock it out of the park.

Side note. I've been looking to get into Ant-Man stuff before the film drops. How is the current run? If it's alright, I'll catch up on it.

Did we ever find out if the Iron Man is All-New, All-Different Avengers is Tony Stark or someone else?

Well considering Miles said to the rest of the team "We don't have Stark's money anymore", it would seem to indicate that someone else is in the suit.

fauxtrot

Banned
Well considering Miles said to the rest of the team "We don't have Stark's money anymore", it would seem to indicate that someone else is in the suit.

OK cool, thanks for the info... I haven't gotten my hands on the issue yet, but it'd make sense for it not to be Tony since everyone else is in fact All-New and All-Different.

OK cool, thanks for the info... I haven't gotten my hands on the issue yet, but it'd make sense for it not to be Tony since everyone else is in fact All-New and All-Different.

The belief as of now is that the person in the suit is a founding member of the Avengers. There is a reference to how the Avengers got their name by the person in the suit. My money's on Pym, but it could be any of a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom