• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really get the Hickman comparisons. I think, like Remender or Kot, that he's his very own thing.

The only two things he really shares with Morrison IMO are his love of making a huge jigsaw falling into place (in a more linear and analytical way than Morrison IMO) and his apparent love of imagination and high concepts (but Hickman is more science oriented) but these are very generic traits.

Still, all these guys are great writers.

Ie think Hickman's Fantastic Four/FF has a lot more in common with Robinson's Starman.

YO NOT COOL TIM.

OXphuKR.jpg

Ie think Hickman's Fantastic Four/FF has a lot more in common with Robinson's Starman.
This is a great comparison that had never crossed my mind. I need to reread that run.

It's a bit sad that Robinson had a few great books but kind of fell on the wayside. I've kept reading his books and while you can tell he's a proficient writer, he never really hits the mark.

The belief as of now is that the person in the suit is a founding member of the Avengers. There is a reference to how the Avengers got their name by the person in the suit. My money's on Pym, but it could be any of a few.
Can't be Pym because I heard that in Age of Ultron which takes place after Secret Wars,
Ultron merges with Pym
lol.

Also I've been hearing theories that it is Bruce Banner under the suit.

This is a great comparison that had never crossed my mind. I need to reread that run.

It's a bit sad that Robinson had a few great books but kind of fell on the wayside. I've kept reading his books and while you can tell he's a proficient writer, he never really hits the mark.

I am reading Starman right now and read Hickman's FF very recently, so they are rather fresh on my mind. The conversations and fleshing out of all characters and not just the "main ones". Defining and growing relationships during the run.The building blocks for the final arc being a part of all the arcs that went before. Hickman's storytelling is a lot more decompressed but I do feel there are many similarities.

Damn, that Green Arrow preview was tough to get through.Also, not really digging the art.
Lol what the hell was that? Felt like the writer was tripping. Seriously, someone explain to me what the hell was going on in that preview.

I can't believe I chose that as the first preview to read.

Messi

I can't. I can't.

Let's say this is about Secret Wars*

*it's not

I won't say anything else. Sorry guys.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Lol what the hell was that? Felt like the writer was tripping. Seriously, someone explain to me what the hell was going on in that preview.

I can't believe I chose that as the first preview to read.

Did the same thing. Nobody else make that mistake.

It sucks because I remember some people (tim?) posting twitter stuff from the writer about how this run was going to be, and it all sounded pretty good. Especially the part about ignoring the tv show. But this is like...it doesn't read like Olly at all. And he looks 35.

Busaiku

Sucks that Ant Man is ending.
And Spider Woman's supposed to go too?
Bleh.

I guess Silk and Spider Gwen will probably go too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom