• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I am making my own graphic novel and am looking for feedback on the story. I don't want to reveal the whole thing online so I figured I'd check if anyone is interested in signing an NDA and reading it. It would involve a bit of reading as not all the pages are drawn yet.

To briefly describe it, it is a horror story for children (and adults I hope!). Here's a sample of the art: http://i2.minus.com/iqPSEEAs4k060.jpg

Totally understand if this is best asked in a different thread, I can remove this if so. If you'd like to read it just send me a PM though!

Oh, PMs and stuff. Dope preview art.

tim1138

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I am making my own graphic novel and am looking for feedback on the story. I don't want to reveal the whole thing online so I figured I'd check if anyone is interested in signing an NDA and reading it. It would involve a bit of reading text as not all the pages are drawn yet.

To briefly describe it, it is a horror story for children (and adults I hope!). Here's a sample of the art: http://i2.minus.com/iqPSEEAs4k060.jpg

Totally understand if this is best asked in a different thread, I can remove this if so. If you'd like to read it just send me a PM though!

Dude that looks great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Legendary Star-Lord #5 - mainly Black Vortex setup, but the book continues to be completely inoffensive with great art so I'll take it. Quill x Kitty still makes zero sense but ok.

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I am making my own graphic novel and am looking for feedback on the story. I don't want to reveal the whole thing online so I figured I'd check if anyone is interested in signing an NDA and reading it. It would involve a bit of reading text as not all the pages are drawn yet.

PM sent

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hah, I'm not entirely crazy, thanks.
I feel a bit dumb writing that but out of the three, Zero seems the least approachable. Not that any issue is hard to understand by itself, but the way the book changes trajectories every now and then, it seems almost necessary to reread everything from the beginning, just to shed on a new light on it and have a better grasp of the whole picture.

I'd say Zero is easily the least approachable simply because it's entirely and utterly non-linear. The way that events and issues line up is, in my head, almost like concentric circles, where incidents will relate in a particular period/arc (for example, Zero and Mina as kids and then Mina's fate in another issue) and then you're just jumping from layer of story to layer. Also, a fucking
multiverse
has been introduced into the story and only really heavily expanded upon recently. I think this is a comic we're all going to need to reread after the last issue and discuss to get at all the beautiful madness within.

tim1138

I'd say Zero is easily the least approachable simply because it's entirely and utterly non-linear. The way that events and issues line up is, in my head, almost like concentric circles, where incidents will relate in a particular period/arc (for example, Zero and Mina as kids and then Mina's fate in another issue) and then you're just jumping from layer of story to layer. Also, a fucking
multiverse
has been introduced into the story and only really heavily expanded upon recently. I think this is a comic we're all going to need to reread after the last issue and discuss to get at all the beautiful madness within.

We should do a live dissection of it like we did Multiversity.

Filthy Slug

Oh, man, I'd be so fucking down for that. Plus, you have that historical backing to bolster all the Bosnia-related things that I only get on the surface.

Squire

Banned
Wow, that Princess Leia book is good!

Wow, X-23 is good!

Bendis' book on writing comics is pretty cool. Fraction wrote a section for it about making Hawkeye.

Where the fuck is All-New Hawkeye #3 on CMX?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OK this Hobgoblin franchise shit is kind of awesome :D

Yes! That would be so good, I'd love to see a discussion on it in case I missed something. Maybe make a thread on it to try to get new readers interested.

By the way whomever made that Birthright thread did a great job and made me buy the first volume.

tim1138

Oh, man, I'd be so fucking down for that. Plus, you have that historical backing to bolster all the Bosnia-related things that I only get on the surface.

Yes! That would be so good, I'd love to see a discussion on it in case I missed something. Maybe make a thread on it to try to get new readers interested.

By the way whomever made that Birthright thread did a great job and made me buy the first volume.

We need to do this next month then, it'll be great.

Rhaknar

His name being Peter is all the sense you need.

...Rasputin...Wisdom...Quill... fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Also, I loved Hobgoblin #1-2, by far the best thing out of Axis so far

Edit: oh shit Carnage #1 was awesome. Him trying to be a hero is the best thing I've seen with the character since his introduction in the 90s. A little Deadpool-ish perhaps but I thought it was quite funny.

The art is phenomenal, and im pretty sure that you`ll get a lot of complaints from parents cuz their children shitscared once the lights go off.

Win win.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I don't understand how young Bobby is gay but older Bobby isn't.

Are they alternate universe X-Men and just don't realize?

I don't understand how young Bobby is gay but older Bobby isn't.

Are they alternate universe X-Men and just don't realize?

I think the implication is that the older bobby is gay too, and just doesn't realize it. All the women he's dated and/or professed love to are him compensating.

Which honestly doesn't hold up to me, but w/e.

Messi

Silk #3 was fantastic, heartwarming and special. The final page made me smile ear to ear with the possibilities of where this could go. I am sad that this book will likely die due to Secret Wars. Cindy is becoming a really relatable character and the flashback scenes to fill in her back story work well. Special mention should go to the art is it is wonderful and is a delight to look at each month. Stacey Lee and Ian Herring are doing a great job on the art. Girly hijinks is in full effect. Give it a try I promise it is good.

This panel made me smile. It's a kids drawing of Silk after seeing her on TV. Good comics.

lgu6yu2.jpeg

Messi

Wow, that Princess Leia book is good!

Wow, X-23 is good!

Bendis' book on writing comics is pretty cool. Fraction wrote a section for it about making Hawkeye.

Where the fuck is All-New Hawkeye #3 on CMX?

It will be on Comixology when it releases.

Wait... Did a Hawkeye book get delayed again?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

I think the implication is that the older bobby is gay too, and just doesn't realize it. All the women he's dated and/or professed love to are him compensating.

Which honestly doesn't hold up to me, but w/e.

It just seems so....Pointless.

Do we really need to know if he's gay or bi or straight?

I'm still enjoying the X-Men run but that latest issue felt like it was written by a teenager.

Dunbar

All New Hawkeye 3 isn't out until the end of the month.

Probably dropping it after that unless it gets waaaaay better. :(

Rhaknar

Carnage-man does whatever a Carnage can

Messi

Oh god.

Your Silk impressions have me ready to pull the plug. Didn't get it last week, but I've been enjoying the series.

Pull the plug? That's a bad thing right? :(

I love how the Squirrel Girl twitter names at the start of the book are real. Even the tippie toe one.

SG is
SPIDER GWEN

zennyzz

Pull the plug? That's a bad thing right? :(

I love how the Squirrel Girl twitter names at the start if the book are real. Even the tippie toe one.

SG is
SPIDER GWEN

Stark takes time out of his day to talk with squirrels on social media,

Servbot24

Banned
The art is phenomenal, and im pretty sure that you`ll get a lot of complaints from parents cuz their children shitscared once the lights go off.

Win win.

In its current state it actually gets a bit gory at the end. Not sure if I'll keep that stuff in, but hey I have a day job already so it may not hurt!

Messi

Squirrel Girl 5 spoilers of the small kind.

Bass Lass, is she a real character
I am rolling here.

Edit : I knew my man JC would be a fan of SG

zennyzz

Squirrel Girl 5 spoilers of the small kind.

Bass Lass, is she a real character
I am rolling here.

Edit : I knew my man JC would be a fan of SG

No, unfortunately Squirrel Girl doesn't pull off really obscure character cameos that's more Spider-gwen's thing

There's no way Spider Gwen is dead cancelled. They're just putting her on Spider Verse until Secret Wars ends. That's your..."hiatus"

Don't think anybody said it was. It''s on Hiatus cause

cJCw39L.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom