• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My Google fu can't find any info at ion on A-Force being a ongoing outside of SW

Not saying you're lying but this is the first I've heard of it

It's looking more and more likely that Secret Wars is going to sweep books like Squirrel Girl under the rug.

Not that Secret Wars is bad. It's badass as hell. But I have a feeling that a new batch of fun books will retire the good ones that run now, and like Rafa said, other books like Spider-Gwen are going to have their momentum ruined.

"Like Rafa said" should never be the start of a convincing sentence. I love the dude, but he's like 1000 proof cynicism in an open container.

This idea that SW is going to bury fun books when it's literally the reason these books exist:

Howard the human
Hank Johnson agent of shield
That SW romance comic
Wher monsters dwell
SW journal
Deadpool secret secret wars

makes no sense at all. It's whole purpose is to make it more likely for those kinds of books to thrive. It's bringing Miles, the funnest Spider Man has been in years, into the mainline MU. And that's just one example. They're clearing the deck to make more room for Doreens and Kamalas and Silks. It's the whole point.

Huh, the first trade for Silk is collecting 7 issues. Marvel trades usually have 5 or 6 issues. What does this mean?

1. Silk is cancelled at 7 issues.
2. Silk will be cancelled at issue 12 since vol. 2 can collect the last 5 issues.

The end times is upon us.

Nudull

Banned
Huh, the first trade for Silk is collecting 7 issues. Marvel trades usually have 5 or 6 issues. What does this mean?

2. Silk will be cancelled at issue 12 since vol. 2 can collect the last 5 issues.

Silk relaunch post-Secret Wars, appearance in Infinity War. Believe.

Sandfox

Silk isn't getting cancelled.

This is what I saw at the shop today, looks like they got all sorts of artists to participate and it was really cool:

This is awesome

Whats a nitty gritty, dark, and not so pretty superhero book out there currently?

Not so much of a "superhero", but Black Hood comes to mind. Dark and gritty

----

Read Annihilator #1-5 the other day. Man im loving it so far. Art is so damn good.

Also I picked up a random Graphic Novel at C2E2, Twisted Dark Volume 1
twistedarkcover__span.jpg
Its been great so far,, very dark short stories. Some not as dark, some that are just fucked up. Great art. Different artist throughout the book.

Hagi

Only wanted to pick up a physical copy of Secret Wars and Ant-Man but ended up with a bunch of other stuff. I hope Messi is right about Catwoman.

yo68koc.jpg

The previews book for Secret Wars is so hype the only thing in it that I'm not going to get is Ultimate End. Battle world is a must buy just for Frank the Punisher Supreme :D

Such a shame they're ending Batman & Robin. One of my favorite books :(

It's continuing, basically, as Robin: Son of Batman, in June.

Only wanted to pick up a physical copy of Secret Wars and Ant-Man but ended up with a bunch of other stuff. I hope Messi is right about Catwoman.

The previews book for Secret Wars is so hype the only thing in it that I'm not going to get is Ultimate End. Battle world is a must buy just for Frank the Punisher Supreme :D

What are your Cat's thoughts on the issues? I'm guessing casual disinterest.

Catwoman is good tho.

Messi

Thank god Squirrel Girl is getting canceled. I almost started to think comics could be fun. Next they need to cancel that cute piece of psudo-manga heart warming trash Silk.

Why you heel turn Zombeen? :(

--

Catwoman is legit great stuff but it's even better in light of what it followed. The legendary race of thieves by Ann Nocenti.

Messi

Stayed up all night celebrating Barcelona and Rockets wins. Was late for work. Boss isn't around. Keep winning Messi.

joelseph

Picked up SW#1 on a whim at the store. Not a Marvel reader.

I Was completely lost. Every panel seemed to feature a new character with little to no context. All I got out of it was "shit was going down".

I won't be rushing to get issue 2... but.. I may try and research what I can read up so it does make a little sense.

Thankfully I also picked up the first Ms. Marvel trade on a gaf recommendation and it's flipping awesome.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Leaked Harley and Joker picture.

https://twitter.com/dclivefeed/status/596297910431698944

Looks like Harley is a prison tattoo artist. That fits her personality well.

Awful

I Was completely lost. Every panel seemed to feature a new character with little to no context. All I got out of it was "shit was going down".

I won't be rushing to get issue 2... but.. I may try and research what I can read up so it does make a little sense.

Thankfully I also picked up the first Ms. Marvel trade on a gaf recommendation and it's flipping awesome.

Why are people reading SW with no context? Of course you'll be confused.

Secret Wars #1 was phenomenal. You guys were correct, I didn't need to know the full Avengers/New Avengers run to fall in love with it.
Frank Castle walking into the bar
stole the whole book for me, my god.

I don't understand how young Bobby is gay but older Bobby isn't.

Hickman is blowing up the entire Marvel universe just to clean up another Bendis mess. Bendis gonna Bendis.

You guys were shitting on the current Punisher but I really liked #1 /shrug :/

It's fun and stays entertaining throughout. There was one or two issues with some rather, ummmm, questionable art work.
Like Frank Quitely level bad. :p
But the story stays interesting. I like it, but you have to factor in that I'm a biased Punisher fan. I'd say it's a consistent 6-7/10 book.

It's probably a good idea to read Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers first. What I've read so far has definitely been worth reading.

Zombine

Banned
Why you heel turn Zombeen? :(

--

Catwoman is legit great stuff but it's even better in light of what it followed. The legendary race of thieves by Ann Nocenti.

I joke. Just mentally prepping myself for the worst ._.

All my favorite books get canceled.

Hagi

What are your Cat's thoughts on the issues? I'm guessing casual disinterest.

Catwoman is good tho.

She only reads Silver Age comics. Going to dive into Catwoman later, looking forward to a good Selina book.

Voted yet British Comic GAF?

As long as it's not Tory.

Voted earlier, went SNP for a change.

Leaked Harley and Joker picture.

https://twitter.com/dclivefeed/status/596297910431698944

Looks like Harley is a prison tattoo artist. That fits her personality well.

Uh yeah sure, why not.

If it's real there goes the rumor that the tattoos were some dumb Joker 75th anniversary thing.

She only reads Silver Age comics. Going to dive into Catwoman later, looking forward to a good Selina book.

Voted earlier, went SNP for a change.

Uh yeah sure, why not.

If it's real there goes the rumor that the tattoos were some dumb Joker 75th anniversary thing.

I thought that went out the window when Harley showed up on set all tatted up.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Cameron's promised a referendum if he does win. Personally I think we'd probably vote to stay in it anyway.

Merkel said we wont get taxes on our roads when she would stay cancelor.
Months later, the parlament introduced taxes on roads.

Politicians lie. And I think Cameron just lied because he wanted to secure right wing votes.

Hagi

I thought that went out the window when Harley showed up on set all tatted up.

I suppose and it does look like that she done them herself. Personally I was just hoping that his tattoos were fake because they are so lazy but whatever it's hardly going to make or break his performance. I think I'm looking forward to Suicide Squad more than BvS at the moment.

Merkel said we wont get taxes on our roads when she would stay cancelor.
Months later, the parlament introduced taxes on roads.

Politicians lie. And I think Cameron just lied because he wanted to secure right wing votes.

Oh he absolutely did it because of that. Hopefully it never comes to fruition anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom