• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Tattoos are rad. If I had the money (thanks a lot, comics) I'd have way more.

Messi

The only one I have is my GH tattoo and that's it. I would like more. Maybe a Messi one.

olivia-wilde-wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-99.gif

Not sure if hot or creepy

Yeah there is no turning back for me.. I actually kinda regretted my first tattoo(18 yo) on the inside of my forearm.... now I just about have both arms cover up to my shoulders, chest tattoo, and two big leg tattoos. I cant wait to see them when im old and wrinkly
:( lol

--

Looking through DCBS and noticed a new Star Wars books coming out, "Lando"
Didn't really think much of it till I saw that Charles Soule and Alex Maleev are on it.
Sawweeetttt

Hagi

Am I supposed to understand why Black Panther showed up and told these people they own the stars now? Or why they teleported to an alternate world with some weird chick and a giant space ball? Is this stuff that is explained in prior story arcs?

Not at all. He's just telling them they are the future of Wakanda. Everything to do with the weird chick and giant space balls gets explained somewhat in the next few issues.

Am I supposed to understand why Black Panther showed up and told these people they own the stars now? Or why they teleported to an alternate world with some weird chick and a giant space ball? Is this stuff that is explained in prior story arcs?

Lol nope

It's an initiation rite. They don't literally own the stars. They're the future of Wakanda and as they have proven their worth, it's clear they have limitless potential, and will be sent into space as part of Wakanda's space program. They will definitely end up doing that and nothing bad will happen to keep them from doing it.

Hagi

The future of Wakanda thing is funny seeing
how they all die in the next few pages
Hickman setting shit up from day one.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK, thanks guys. I'll keep on truckin. I want to read through this stuff before I start reading Secret Wars, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy with what I didn't understand.

OK, thanks guys. I'll keep on truckin. I want to read through this stuff before I start reading Secret Wars, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy with what I didn't understand.

Are you following the order? You've started with regular Avengers right?

EDIT: Never mind, New Avengers comes first. Ignore that.

joelseph

After being lost with SW I'm afraid starting where Nic is starting will be just as confusing. Going to give it a shot.

Hagi

After being lost with SW I'm afraid starting where Nic is starting will be just as confusing. Going to give it a shot.

After reading the first few issues of New Avengers, Secret Wars should make a bit more sense. Just take note that there has been over 80 issues of build up to this event between Avengers, New Avengers and Infinity.

Off to vote in a bit (friend made a PS of Miliband/Red Skull...not because he's anti miliband but because we joked about Hail Hydra/Labour...yeah...)...

Anyway, before we finished College yesterday (we had a rec attendance of 8 people for the day 4 assignments were due in...)...I noticed four or five friends talking about comics, one having been into them lightly for a while and the others dipping their toes with things like Spider Gwen (which I'm not interested in reading at some point...) but if it wasn't for me having no cash and no oyster...i would have joined them when they went to Croydon after to buy comics.

Always pretty cool when people start getting interested for the first time and we can talk about it and I get to play the role of Amrit Bains, only welcoming them to comics instead of NeoGAF.

Yeahhhhh my team won marvel trivia last night

It was a landslide victory but I'm still kicking myself for answering "Shigo" instead of "Shogo" for a question about Jubilee's kid

My wife wants some more Harley Quinn. Eventually we will own all these choices but what is better for now?

Gotham City Sirens Vol 2 or The Karl Kessel HQ solo volumes?

Messi

My wife wants some more Harley Quinn. Eventually we will own all these choices but what is better for now?

Gotham City Sirens Vol 2 or The Karl Kessel HQ solo volumes?

If you own the first Gotham City Sirens book then you know what you are getting into. The Kessel stuff is fine, inoffensive Harley hijinks. Lovely Dodson art. The later volumes though are not good.

Ant-Man #5 was really great. The action was pretty good but as usual, Spencer nails the humor and dialogue. The reference humor in this one was really funny. The more personal stuff with Scott in the second half was also handled well and got kind of sad toward the end.

Kinda sucks that Secret Wars may be putting this on hiatus (I think it is at least?), this has been such a fun book.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
bleedingcool's spoilers tend to be full of shit. We already known
Cyke is in Uncanny Inhumans

if you mean this picture, well the Supreme Inteligence isnt on earth either is it?

Hell
Cyke
being in that picture could actually be further proof of the rumour, otherwise why would he be in a Inhuman related picture?

zennyzz

if you mean this picture, well the Supreme Inteligence isnt on earth either is it?

Hell
Cyke
being in that picture could actually be further proof of the rumour, otherwise why would he be in a Inhuman related picture?

Why does it matter if he is? Mavel heroes cross over all the time.

One of the biggest House of M stories was mutants fucking around with Terrigen Mist with Pietro in Son of M

which led to america fucking around with terrigen mist

which led to inhumans fucking off to space

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why does it matter if he is? Mavel heroes cross over all the time.

One of the biggest House of M stories was mutants fucking around with Terrigen Mist with Pietro in Son of M

so, again, why are you using it as justification that the rumour isnt true?

But we just learned
that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver aren't mutants anymore. :O But if the rumor is true then it'd have to include some sort of change to the Mists since they've obviously been on Earth for awhile now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom