• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zennyzz

But we just learned
that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver aren't mutants anymore. :O But if the rumor is true then it'd have to include some sort of change to the Mists since they've obviously been on Earth for awhile now.

They weren't the only mutants who got their powers back from terrigen mist

mreddie

Ant-Man #5 was really great. The action was pretty good but as usual, Spencer nails the humor and dialogue. The reference humor in this one was really funny. The more personal stuff with Scott in the second half was also handled well and got kind of sad toward the end.

Kinda sucks that Secret Wars may be putting this on hiatus (I think it is at least?), this has been such a fun book.

It's taking a break next month but expect the Annual around AntMania in July.

Also
Thing
is joining the Guardians.

frye

wow so marvel is really gonna reboot and kill off all the ff and x-men, huh

rip marvel universe 1961-2015 i guess fuck comics

Squirrel Girl #4 was excellent. The bits with the gender pronoun arguments were really funny and Galactus jetting off and saying "Dude's gotta eat" was hilarious.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MU doesnt have Squirrel Girl

thus MU is a bad service :(

Hagi

I still don't get this whole FUCK FOX thing news sites are peddling. Especially when you consider all the current X- Men titles, the X-Men related titles happening during Secret Wars and the X-Men related characters who are appearing in books post Secret Wars. If they are trying to die down on pushing the X-Men they aren't doing a very good job. :p

We don't need adult jeans, young Jean for lyfe.

When she learns not to be an invasive creep then sure young jean for life.

So, getting caught up on Batman & Robin. Read volumes 4 and 5, which were decent to good. Writing was generally solid, but the art was kinda all over the place in terms of quality. The progression in volume 4 where they bring in each member of the Batfamily starting with the newest members (Tim, then Jason, then Babs, Dick, and finally Alfred) was pretty cool, and very well executed, thematically. Tim was about trying to take apart the world, see how it ticks, and try to reverse engineer it. Investigation. Jason's was about trauma and violence, Bab's was... actually, Babs didn't really fit in. Dick's was about the past and what could have happened. Alfred's was about finally coming to an acceptance of that.

Volume 5 was sort of a weird diversion with all the Two Face stuff, but it was a pretty entertaining story anyway, so I can dig it.

Anyway, I know Robin Rises figures into this shindig somehow, but I couldn't find an order. Should I just move on to the single issues after Volume 5, and it'll signal me when to go for Rises, or am I better off finding out now?

EDIT: Oh, right, Catwoman. That one didn't really fit in either, but mostly because it would have slotted in a lot better after Alfred, thematically.

Anyway, I know Robin Rises figures into this shindig somehow, but I couldn't find an order. Should I just move on to the single issues after Volume 5, and it'll signal me when to go for Rises, or am I better off finding out now?

Robin Rises: Omega, Batman and Robin #33-37, Robin Rises: Alpha,

I believe.

zennyzz

When has Young Jean mindraped anybody who's not an enemy? Which classes under every marvel telepath that telepathies.

She's totally invasive though.

Marvel's homepage is just so unbelievably ass

you got all this Avengers 2 money, hire a fuckin web designer...swear they been using this shit since like 2000. Ya'll lucky Squirrel Girl is the best tho

also AYY LMAO @ that BC X-Men rumor. Axel Alonso is writing up his explanation right now

"Sometimes, when you smash pizzas together, one topping overrides the taste of another. You don't get that X-CELLENT topping flavor you want anymore, which is not FANTASTIC. Sometimes, you have to take those toppings and put them on another dish. Separate, but equal as they used to say *laughs*"

Secret wars was intense. Loved the part with the punisher.

Doom being the hero is going to be so good.

Guardians team up was a great rocket story. Duarte is an amazing artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom