• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Tim, I see us.

bTa2peX.jpg

Okay someone help me out here. I remember seeing a flash-forward of Reed Richards holding the body of his son/daughter somewhere in a recent comic but I can't place which one it was...

Ohnonono

I did not even know what FCBD was and just happened to show up at my shop that evening pretty late. Still got Secret Wars #0 and the All New All Different Avengers thing. Honestly its part of the reason I started to get the stuff leading up to it that day.

Okay someone help me out here. I remember seeing a flash-forward of Reed Richards holding the body of his son/daughter somewhere in a recent comic but I can't place which one it was...

Was one of the last New Avengers or avengers ishs, like, in the last three months or so. When Reed was explaining his latest failure to someone.

Tried to make godboy create a new earth, from the looks. Failed because reasons.

Mudcrab

If were thinking about the same scene, it's something that happens off panel.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Saturday is german FCBD. Really curious how much attention this will gain here in my town
I dont expect many people...

I will just buy a Funko (I hope for a Captain America one :D) and hope they have english books around.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Was one of the last New Avengers or avengers ishs, like, in the last three months or so. When Reed was explaining his latest failure to someone.

Tried to make godboy create a new earth, from the looks. Failed because reasons.

is it one of the things that happens in the 8 month time jump?

i still don't get the point of doing that, narratively speaking

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Going to start reading Marvel cosmic (Annihilation etc). Is it recommended to read the Thanos miniseries that precedes it (Jim Starlin)? Most guides start you off at Drax the Destroyer #1, but sometimes that Thanos series is also mentioned.

Not comics at all, but I just looked at the Waffle House thread in OT, and I gotta say,

tumblr_inline_n90qmdRnOf1rq5cm5.jpg

Going to start reading Marvel cosmic (Annihilation etc). Is it recommended to read the Thanos miniseries that precedes it (Jim Starlin)? Most guides start you off at Drax the Destroyer #1, but sometimes that Thanos series is also mentioned.

Yeah, definitely read the Thanos mini first.

Which reminds me, I need to get around to starting Annihilation: Conquest.

fauxtrot

Banned
I read Dark Reign: Fantastic Four last night and it was pretty interesting... The Bridge was introduced (which I assume will be important for multiversal shenanigans down the line), and this was my first F4 comic involving Franklin and Valeria. How old are they supposed to be? Sometimes they look 6 or 7 and other times they look older than 10.

All in all, I'm looking forward to start FF #570 tonight and working my way toward Secret Wars!

is it one of the things that happens in the 8 month time jump?

i still don't get the point of doing that, narratively speaking
Was the biggest logic failure in the whole incursion dilemma. Why attack other earfs when you got a child thats essentially a god?

Thus hicks adressed it. In a throwaway manner cuz it still dont make sense none.

jon bones

OK, tough question. If someone is a relative Marvel noob and wants to read Hickman's FF/F4, what essentials do you give them beforehand?

Inhumans, Lee/Jenkins

The Books of Doom

Annihilation:
--Drax the Destroyer
--Annihilation Prologue
--Annihilation Nova
--Annihilation Silver Surfer
--Annihilation Saga

Hickman FF/F4

This should introduce all the major players, and give insight into both Annihilation, the Negative Zone, Doom, the royal family of the Inhumans, etc.

Anything you'd add?

Was the biggest logic failure in the whole incursion dilemma. Why attack other earfs when you got a child thats essentially a god?

Thus hicks adressed it. In a throwaway manner cuz it still dont make sense none.

yeah... and considering Hickman is jumping off after SW, i feel like those threads may not get addressed

Afrodium

Banned

I thought both Thanos and Drax were terrible, and don't matter all that much for understanding Annihilation in general. I almost didn't read Annihilation because I thought they were so bad. They were some of the first comics I read once getting into the medium, however, so that may have something to do with how I felt. They're not particularly noobie friendly.

You're right. It was in New Avengers!

Wait something else also happened? Because I was talking of this one where Reed is hypothesizing using that machine.

New Avengers #29.

Thanks a lot, this was it. Really nice of you to post the pages as well ;-)

That was Free Comic Book day. Old shit but just now got posted.

Man, where do you guys live? Because it seems like people consider it some kind of holiday or something. No one around here gives a fuck. My LCS even stopped doing it because last year there were too many greedy assholes.

Man, where do you guys live? Because it seems like people consider it some kind of holiday or something. No one around here gives a fuck. My LCS even stopped doing it because last year there were too many greedy assholes.

union-terminal%20700x254_0.jpg

Home of the real life Hall of Justice aka The Cincinnati Museum Center. That picture of the line is about 8 miles south in Northern Kentucky.

tim1138

Mind you, 99% of those people are greedy aasholes.

jon bones

i live in NYC and it was rad.

every store was packed full of people, with lots of dads taking their kids. it was adorable.

union-terminal%20700x254_0.jpg

Home of the real life Hall of Justice aka The Cincinnati Museum Center. That picture of the line is about 8 miles south in Northern Kentucky.

What's your store? I've been looking for a good shop. I went to this one in Newport, but I'm not sure I liked the vibe of the place.

ReAxion

My favorite scene from FCBD was a mom walking her three kids up to the wall of new releases filled with Convergence, grabbing a book and going "Hm... Avengers!"

fauxtrot

Banned
Nah my mom was pretty cool. When she was teaching me how to draw when I was a kid, every night we would sit down and she would drawn me my favorite Marvel heroes. She drew me all of Hulks rogues gallery circa 95-96.

We'll need detailed pics of your current artistic abilities to properly judge whether or not she was a good mother.

Nah my mom was pretty cool. When she was teaching me how to draw when I was a kid, every night we would sit down and she would drawn me my favorite Marvel heroes. She drew me all of Hulks rogues gallery circa 95-96.

Did she have her own art style, or was she using the Greg Land Method™?

Afrodium

Banned
What do stores do for FCBD that warrants waiting in line for hours? Mine gave out the normal Marvel/DC books which were basically previews of what's to come, and then just let customers pick up any 3 of their overstocked back issues. It was great if you wanted to start reading Superior Iron Man at issue #18, but I don't think that's really worth waiting for. Maybe by the time I showed up the good stuff had been nabbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom