• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I thought both Thanos and Drax were terrible, and don't matter all that much for understanding Annihilation in general. I almost didn't read Annihilation because I thought they were so bad. They were some of the first comics I read once getting into the medium, however, so that may have something to do with how I felt. They're not particularly noobie friendly.

Read the first few issues and it's very exposition heavy, not liking the writing style in general. I'll finish it now that I've started though, just to get more info on Thanos as a character. I read the Infinity Gauntlet years ago, but don't remember much. Wasn't particularly impressed with that series either.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Axis Revolutions #1 was the most bipolar book ive ever read. The first half, with Spider-Man teaching some kid that hating is bad, was abysmal, it was so preachy that I could barely get through it.

But then the second half with Strange and Wong trying to fix the hate wave while hating each other and insulting the shit out of each other (Well, Strange mostly does the insulting until the end) was funny as shit

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Axis Revolutions #1 was the most bipolar book ive ever read. The first half, with Spider-Man teaching some kid that hating is bad, was abysmal, it was so preachy that I could barely get through it.

But then the second half with Strange and Wong trying to fix the hate wave while hating each other and insulting the shit out of each other (Well, Strange mostly does the insulting until the end) was funny as shit
What do you think about the main series?

What do stores do for FCBD that warrants waiting in line for hours? Mine gave out the normal Marvel/DC books which were basically previews of what's to come, and then just let customers pick up any 3 of their overstocked back issues. It was great if you wanted to start reading Superior Iron Man at issue #18, but I don't think that's really worth waiting for. Maybe by the time I showed up the good stuff had been nabbed.

My new place had half off all trades. I almost did batman inc omnibus with that but didn't. And my kid would have got teen titans or sonic or spongebob or something. I wouldn't wait in the crazy either. Guess thats why i missed out.
I miss my old place though.

Well, got all caught up on Batman & Robin! Adored it. It's a shame things went sideways right as the father-son dynamic was properly crystalizing, dammit Morrison.

Still, the title recovered well. Robin Rises was a fun storyline, and the Hellbat armor was pretty awesome. I loved that the description of the last Annual was just "with Damian depowered, Batman and Robin get back to basics," and the cue the Batman 66 episode :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Axis #4 and 5

... this is just another fucking Avengers vs X-Men event isnt it? >_> Goddamn it

You peeps know I have super low standards and usually can at least enjoy most books, but Axis is the first time I actually agree with all the shit talking, good lord

Well, got all caught up on Batman & Robin! Adored it. It's a shame things went sideways right as the father-son dynamic was properly crystalizing, dammit Morrison.

Still, the title recovered well. Robin Rises was a fun storyline, and the Hellbat armor was pretty awesome. I loved that the description of the last Annual was just "with Damian depowered, Batman and Robin get back to basics," and the cue the Batman 66 episode :p

Yeah basically Morrison fucked up hard when he killed Damian. Thankfully that mistake was corrected.

Rhaknar

Space Bucky #2 was trippy as shit, I feel like I took some LSD before reading it. What a weird book

Avengers #37 was...weird. Old Steve is so hellbent on catching the Illuminati that he feels out of character. The whole thing feels like a alternate universe story now (ironic), the 8 month time skip was really jarring

I did smile at the end when Sue hands Reed a message from Val saying "Dad you cant win, start thinking of ways to not lose everything", because...well we now know she was right (as usual)

Owzers

Space Bucky #2 was trippy as shit, I feel like I took some LSD before reading it. What a weird book

Avengers #37 was...weird. Old Steve is so hellbent on catching the Illuminati that he feels out of character. The whole thing feels like a alternate universe story now (ironic), the 8 month time skip was really jarring

I did smile at the end when Sue hands Reed a message from Val saying "Dad you cant win, start thinking of ways to not lose everything", because...well we now know she was right (as usual)

That's what i think every time i make my monthly dcbs order.

Rhaknar

Can someone post that avengers / new avengers timeline pic again.

17325736411_a6719d7735_o.png

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

i'm with you 100%

i still don't understand why it was written that way, but i'm willing to give Hickman the benefit of the doubt

Ultima_5

i'm tempted to order all the avengers/new avengers hc trades from ist this week because I really want to read the secret wars stuffs..... i'd kill for an omnibus but that's probably a year or more out..... decisions decisions

Rhaknar

is Nova part of Black Vortex or is that just a Guardians / X-Men joint?

Detective Comics Vol. 6: Icarus
All-New Ghost Rider Vol. 2: Legend
One Piece: Water Seven 34-35-36, Vol. 12 Omnibus
Last Days of American Crime HC
Teen Titans Vol. 1: Blinded by the Light
Batman Vol. 7: Endgame
RUNLOVEKILL Vol. 1
Silk Vol. 1: Now and Then

I got some good stuff to look forward to over the summer and fall.

Infinity is such a bummer knowing what happens in Secret Wars. All the ex nihilii joining together to rebuild all the worlds the builders wrecked, just to have it all erased less than a year later.

Vibranium

Banned
Man, I don't know what's going on with Zero and Kot's Multiverse.
So Zero is being written by a writer in another part of the multiverse??? And these mushroom things connect him to different realities?

I kind of initially started reading because of the futuristic spy angle but things went bananas. Kind of wish another writer would do a similar concept but without the multiverse.

I think Kot just got bored with his own concept, saw the sales, and said "fuck it, might as just write my idol William S. Burroughts into the book before the cancellation"

Vibranium

Banned
I think Kot just got bored with his own concept, saw the sales, and said "fuck it, might as just write my idol William S. Burroughts into the book before the cancellation"

Maybe that's it, he did start yelling off on fellow Marvel employees. Welcome back btw JC!

Man I can't wait until a new writer on Winter Soldier too.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I think my problem with Convergence is the fact that I don't know who any of the creative staff are, so I can't get hyped like other people...

You're missing nothing.

Seriously, NOTHING has happened. I don't know how DC does it, it's another Futures End.

Rhaknar

Nova, Captain Marvel, and the Star Lord solo make up the event as well.

Thanks Star, I was split between reading Nova or Wolverine to be caught up with those so I guess I'll read Nova. Really liking my "catch-up bender" I've got going lately, makes those Monday MU updates much more appealing. Also I'll be "free" to start some old stuff again soon. But yeah for now I really want to catch up Nova and Wolverine (Wolverine so I can finally read all those "death of" tie ins)

Yeah, it's a bad start for Sam here.

He is such a dick that I'm kinda into it lol. Think I'll like Superior Tony for the same reason. Also Luke looks dope in a suit in Cap & the Mighty Avengers #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom