• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That "Allow?" panel is my everything tbh

funny how so much of that page would inform Watchmen later on, from the 9 panel grid, the narration style, the superheroes stepping over government boundaries, etc

Owzers

I started Clone Wars on netflix, the cartoon series, it's depressing to know the
clone troopers turn on the Jedi :/ They had good teamwork skills.

ReAxion

If you ever see a group pic of comics people, and Annie Wu is in that pic, she is the coolest person in the pic 100% of the time.

Started reading Fraction's Hawkeye run at the suggestion of some here. It's pretty damn good. And I want posters of these covers. They're awesome.

frye

That "Allow?" panel is my everything tbh

funny how so much of that page would inform Watchmen later on, from the 9 panel grid, the narration style, the superheroes stepping over government boundaries, etc

The weird thing about Miracleman (and V) is that they're both super early Moore as well as later era Moore. I think that page is actually post-Watchmen which explains the stylistic/thematic similarities

joelseph

Rocking my free month of Marvel Unlimited. Putting up or shutting up about this Secret Wars. I am 4 issues into the recommended reading. So far so good. This is enjoyable.

What is everyone's reading preference? Full panel or smart panel?

Owzers

Rocking my free month of Marvel Unlimited. Putting up or shutting up about this Secret Wars. I am 4 issues into the recommended reading. So far so good. This is enjoyable.

Usually full page and then rotate two page spreads and zoom in on anything i can't read. I like seeing the whole page as it was meant to be to properly see how the art flows from panel to panel

Messi

Humberto Ramos variant of Giant Size little Marvel : Ave #1

nLUu5lE.jpeg

Love it

Usually full page unless I come upon a very busy page with lots going on. The "double tap to switch" between full and smart view on iOS is a godsend.

How the hell has Udon not made a Viewtiful Joe ongoing? The book practically writes itself. So much potential. I'm sure they can take a break from Street Fighter.

Capcom doesn't care about him outside of crossovers :/
that's pretty god damn adorable.

Also how is the current run of uncanny avengers?

So far, so good. Problem is there's only been like three issues or something since it relaunched and it's mostly setup. If you enjoyed the first run you'll like this probably.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
there's like...that one Bendis/Deodato Jr issue where Norman recruited The Sentry by treating him like a human being and connecting with him by sharing his own dark impulses

normanbob.jpg

826866-novoid.jpg

but thats it tho
That were the best part of Dark Avengers. The interactions between Norman and Bob.

Squire

Banned
Annie Wu's variant for All-New Hawkeye #3 is great:
tumblr_nnseoeRIGZ1rwk3plo1_500.jpg

image is kinda small so you may need a hawk-eye to fully appreciate it

Marvel needs to step up their web game. Their site says this issue is out and that Uncanny X-Men 600 is out on May 20th. LOL.

If PreviewsWorld is correct, All-New Hawkeye #3 was delayed until the 27th.

frye

Usually full page and then rotate two page spreads and zoom in on anything i can't read. I like seeing the whole page as it was meant to be to properly see how the art flows from panel to panel

Same, I've tried reading birdie-style but seeing only part of the page always trips me out

Reading Soule's She Hulk.

This stuff is too good. I'm hoping for an OHC down the road. I actually enjoyed Wimberleys part more than Pulidos but it's all been good. There should be a DD She Hulk superlawyers book

frye

Reading Soule's She Hulk.

This stuff is too good. I'm hoping for an OHC down the road. I actually enjoyed Wimberleys part more than Pulidos but it's all been good. There should be a DD She Hulk superlawyers book

Yeah, I like it quite a bit even though it's really the only Soule-written book that I've been able to get more than 1 issue into.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Thors real Identity is quiete a bummer.
But the Jane Foster Cancer Plot made me sad :(

I hope we get a conclusion before #EverythingEnds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom