• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go GH:

Comics gonna comics.

EDIT: Top of page goddammit

FNF-NextwaveCop2.jpg

Sandfox

People werent kidding about Duggan Nova, its legit. I didnt mind the first 10 or so issues with loeb and then whoever else, but now its actually good. This arc with Beta Ray is super fun.

Kinda digging this Duggan fella between this and Deadpool, is he known for anything else?

Duggan is my favorite writer at Marvel right now. His current Hulk ongoing is good as well, but whether you like it or not may depend on how you feel about the last few Hulk runs.

But what a fool believes he sees
No wise man has the power to reason away
What seems to be
Is always better than nothing
There's nothing at all
But what a fool believes he sees...

Messi

What are some of the best Psylocke, Jubilee (other than the awesome vampire jubilee story) or Rachel Grey stories? I'd like to read some.

Zombine

Banned
What are some of the best Psylocke, Jubilee (other than the awesome vampire jubilee story) or Rachel Grey stories? I'd like to read some.

Rachel Grey hasn't been around that long, so all of them.

Edit:

I feel like it's time for an Avengers Arena re-read. Man I fuckin loved that book.

Zombine

Banned
Dude, Rachel predates Jubilee by like 8 years and Psylocke by like 5 or 6.

Bahaha yeah. I should have explained that I'm talking about Spikey suit Rachel. She's only rocked that's since the aughts. I think that's the Rachel that Messi is interested in.

2098656-rachel.jpg

For Psylocke I think it's gotta be Remenders Uncanny Xforce. I like the character but she hasn't had the best of representations. In the 90s she was the one always flirting with Scott and tempting him to cheat.

tim1138

Bahaha yeah. I should have explained that I'm talking about Spikey suit Rachel. She's only rocked that's since the aughts. I think that's the Rachel that Messi is interested in.

2098656-rachel.jpg

Isn't that just a variation of her original costume?

rachelred.gif

Either way the best Rachel stories are Alan Davis and Chris Claremont era Excalibur.

Hulk 2014 #7

In which we learn that Doc Green punks Skaar and drops him in the middle of Paris at night, fully aware that his son doesn't speak french.

And then a parisian woman approaches him and says Good Morning. In french.

Like, duggan. Plz. Putting words between <these> is what you`re supposed to do when you're too lazy to use google translator.

Hulk #9

"HEY KITTY, WANNA DO BRAIN SURGERY ON ME FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER? BTW BANNER WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD TWICE, K? K."
*k.*

fml wtf is this

This I can get behind. Planet Hulk is one of the best Science Fiction stories of all time. Kurt Vonnegut wishes he could have come up with this shit.
It was awesome. Speaking if hulk. I love how both marvel and DC seem to have this competition to see who can collect and reprint the least amount of great Peter David series.

On DC side you've got super girl, aqua man, young Justice. At least some of these are showing up digitally
On marvel you've got his Captain Marvel, and Hulk. Like how is there not a PAD hulk omnibus series already? It's not all on CMX, or even MU.

It's bizarre

tim1138

It was awesome. Speaking if hulk. I love how both marvel and DC seem to have this competition to see who can collect and reprint the least amount of great Peter David series.

On DC side you've got super girl, aqua man, young Justice. At least some of these are showing up digitally
On marvel you've got his Captain Marvel, and Hulk. Like how is there not a PAD hulk omnibus series already? It's not all on CMX, or even MU.

It's bizarre

And with Hulk, that's literally the only other good run outside of Planet Hulk.

Messi

2098656-rachel.jpg

I don't know what version I like. Bachelos art is so incredible.

This is why we'll never get another Hulk solo movie. Real talk, I really liked Edward Norton as Bruce Banner.
Edit: 1 hour and 30 minutes until the test fire of what is sure to be the most over hyped and under delivering Nintendo game of all time.
Isn't it only an hour beta test? Fuckin Nintendo man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom