• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I refuse to let General Thunderbolt Ross win.
Since our first encounter i've read the book of the five rings and the art of war.
Ross Red Hulk taught me that anger is not enough. Strength is not enough.
I must be better in every way
I must be the best."

Sometimes i wonder what kinda salary Marvel pays its editors.

This thing is now firmly in "keep reading just to see how atrocious it gets" territory.

tim1138

but that MODOG though

modog.jpg

Right.

Evil AI gone rogue. Spills the beans on Master Plan before leaving because of course.
HulkDoc Green learns Kung Fu.
Hill threatens to rip the eye off a government employee in order to get through a retinal scanner.
Doc Green shows that he thinks the US economy still runs on the Gold Standard.
In order to crack the problem of how to tackle Green Ultron, Doc Green invents a telephone landline that allows him to talk to Distant Past Bruce Banner.
Doc Green gets punked by Steve Roger's electric cane.

Oh lord, Doc green dropping sun tzu quotes during a fight.
Rulk going "you know very well how my powers work, which is is why i'm gonna explain how my powers work".
Doc Green shouts Ky YAh while jump karate kicking rulk.
*you got it wrong ross, banner was filled with anger. im just filled with hate!"
Banner: "my heart isn't filled with rage. it's filled with love!"
Finished.
Fuck duggan forever.

oh and those two scientists that helped doc green became
lyra's fucktoys

Messi

Yes someone was talking about it. I would like to start reading it and Darkness.

I think I am gonna start but not sure if I should go back to the start of or the most recent two trades that were jumping on points. I like the art in the newer books a lot more.

Messi

I love basketball sometimes. Tonight is one of those nights.

D rose brah. Ice in his veins.

Are there any other basketball comics other than the Jordan one Zombine posted last week?

--

I was thinking, is it worh picking up the Wood X-Men volumes I missed before G Willow took over? I like the team but no sure if I it is worth it. Someone here was saying hey we're good yesterday, no?

Squire

Banned
I love basketball sometimes. Tonight is one of those nights.

D rose brah. Ice in his veins.

Are there any other basketball comics other than the Jordan one Zombine posted last week?

--

I was thinking, is it worh picking up the Wood X-Men volumes I missed before G Willow took over? I like the team but no sure if I it is worth it. Someone here was saying hey we're good yesterday, no?

BenjaminBirdie said Wilson's run has been good last week. I got the first issue of it and it does seem good. No clue on Wood.

If you want Psylocke though, you really do want Uncanny X-Force. You could argue pretty strongly she's the main character for the majority of the book. She's for sure the driving force in the two middle arcs.

The truth is that real players aren't that interesting. If you want to see some media about basketball players, Chris Bosh is one of the raptors in Jurassic World.

man i can only imagine how many jokes were made back when he was on toronto roster

i always thought he looked more like a brachiosaurus anyways

None about real players? :/ also that is a manga friend.

The truth is that they all just rectangles on pages, doe
Embrace it.

Anyway

Takehiko Inoue did two basketball books.
First is Slam Dunk, finished, 31 volumes. Well done tale, if a bit standard.
Second is Real, ongoing, 14 volumes, paraplegic basketball. Terrific.

Your best bets.

Nope. I have only indulged in one Witchblade-related thing, and that was the anime. I got three episodes in.

It was bad.

I stopped.
I have the entire Blu-Ray box set. I haven't watched it yet. I also have the live action tv series. Heard it was decent.
I think I am gonna start but not sure if I should go back to the start of or the most recent two trades that were jumping on points. I like the art in the newer books a lot more.

You should start with Tim Seely's run. It takes place right after the Artifacts reboot and it has the right amount of character and fanservice. I still need to read the First Born event from Marz and Sejic. Shit was crazy.

Messi

BenjaminBirdie said Wilson's run has been good last week. I got the first issue of it and it does seem good. No clue on Wood.

If you want Psylocke though, you really do want Uncanny X-Force. You could argue pretty strongly she's the main character for the majority of the book. She's for sure the driving force in the two middle arcs.

I am going to buy Uncanny XForce in Florida in July so I can read it there.

I am already reading Willows run on xmen and it is ok. Nothing special, fits in with everything I read from the first two arcs of wood. Kinda want to own it all for a complete collection.

Oh lord, Doc green dropping sun tzu quotes during a fight.
Rulk going "you know very well how my powers work, which is is why i'm gonna explain how my powers work".
Doc Green shouts Ky YAh while jump karate kicking rulk.
*you got it wrong ross, banner was filled with anger. im just filled with hate!"

Banner: "my heart isn't filled with rage. it's filled with love!"
Finished.
Fuck duggan forever.

oh and those two scientists that helped doc green became
lyra's fucktoys
So Rhaknar you were looking for more Duggan comics right

Well, here you go

I have the entire Blu-Ray box set. I haven't watched it yet. I also have the live action tv series. Heard it was decent.

I recall ads for the live-action show back when I was a wee babby. NOSTALGIA.
Reading the All-New Captain America Inhuman Error finale.

Boy, the level of ether dealt in here is astounding.
"I fought with real Captain America. We won the war!"
"Funny. He never mentioned you. No one did."

Sam is on fire. Never return the mantle to Steve. NEVER.

Squire

Banned
I am going to buy Uncanny XForce in Florida in July so I can read it there.

I am already reading Willows run on xmen and it is ok. Nothing special, fits in with everything I read from the first two arcs of wood. Kinda want to own it all for a complete collection.

Actually, I'd probably say the same. I only bought the first issue of her run (because I was curious and it's not on MU). There are so many X-books I feel like I need to like the writer from prior work or be genuinely impressed with whoever the new person is. It's gotta have a spark to it.

I feel you on wanting the whole collection though. I want the trades for Liu's Astonishing X-Men run and I pre-ordered the Hawkeye omnibus yesterday.
It'll never come out.

COMICS

Bought both issues of The Question today after hearing all the hype. The hype did its job and got me to buy them, the hype did make me read them with higher expectations than most things. Ultimately, the story never crossed that threshold of high expectations. I flipped the last page and shrugged my shoulders and felt indifferent. It was a good comic book, I know this, it just didn't evoke any emotional response.

This is where hype kills good things. The whole time I'm reading it, my brain is wondering where that hype is. Will it be on the next page? Maybe the next page? Then you get to the end and any really emotional responses you maybe should have had, were drowned out by your own brains anticipation of something that is supposed to "wow" you. Or maybe I'm just a careless, unemotional fuck who has no empathy.

I would start with Redemption or Reborn and just wiki the stuff that came before... Anything after Artifacts. That started out pretty great when it was a limited 13-issue maxi series, but then went to shit when it became an ongoing.

Though Witchblade has heavy ties to The Darkness, so you'll need to become familiar with the backstory of both books.

Bought both issues of The Question today after hearing all the hype. The hype did its job and got me to buy them, the hype did make me read them with higher expectations than most things. Ultimately, the story never crossed that threshold of high expectations. I flipped the last page and shrugged my shoulders and felt indifferent. It was a good comic book, I know this, it just didn't evoke any emotional response.

Maybe you're just not a fan of girl-on-girly hijinks like some of us?

zennyzz

I recall ads for the live-action show back when I was a wee babby. NOSTALGIA.
Reading the All-New Captain America Inhuman Error finale.

Boy, the level of ether dealt in here is astounding.
"I fought with real Captain America. We won the war!"
"Funny. He never mentioned you. No one did."

Sam is on fire. Never return the mantle to Steve. NEVER.

inhuman error's just great all around. IE Spidey alone is worth the price of admission.

inhuman error's just great all around. IE Spidey alone is worth the price of admission.

The only reason I picked this one up is because I have Inhuman on my pull-list, so I ended up getting the second part. I went to my LCS, and the owner is ordering me the first part so I can have all three. WHICH IS WHAT I NEED.

Messi

This is where hype kills good things. The whole time I'm reading it, my brain is wondering where that hype is. Will it be on the next page? Maybe the next page? Then you get to the end and any really emotional responses you maybe should have had, were drowned out by your own brains anticipation of something that is supposed to "wow" you. Or maybe I'm just a careless, unemotional fuck who has no empathy.

Not all comic books are for everyone. We all have different tastes. The second issue of Question made me cry at the end so that obviously did something to me. I guess I don't read too much into hype beyond being like.. Oh Korupt liked this. If it clicks it clicks if it doesn't there are plenty more books out there.

It hit me as someone who has
been trying to feel accepted by parts of my family. It felt personal. It's kind of like how batman and Robin made you feel close to your father. I didn't get that feeling but I appreciated the comic on a technical level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom