• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

He takes a little while. He's not super quick like Albequerque's cronies.

Remember when I sent in the request for the Catwoman page and it bounced back like 2 mins later saying I could have it. I was like wtf. Same with bachalo he replied to the first email after like 15 mins.

Zombine

Banned
Remember when I sent in the request for the Catwoman page and it bounced back like 2 mins later saying I could have it. I was like wtf. Same with bachalo he replied to the first email after like 15 mins.

It's also 10:30 at night his time. Dude is probably asleep. Lol

Guys, wouldn't be doing a hometown guy a solid if I didn't tell you guys. Brian Level, artist, who has done a Batman and Catwoman commission for me and also did me and Tims sketches on FCBD has his first big publisher book out this Wednesday.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/917?stockItemID=MAR150475

The Mantle from Image Comics with Ed Brisson writing it. Ed just finished up Sheltered which went 16 issues and my wife really liked it. Tim and I both have read advanced copies and we both liked it. Here is a letter in the back of the advanced copy from Ed Brisson.

wXCnkGB.jpg

So if you have to pick just one new book this week, forget Injection, get The Mantle.

Bii

I've been eyeing comic book pages, but man that's not something I wanna get too into yet

Of course I'm also keeping tabs on every artist who's going to SDCC that I wanna get commissions from

Yeah man, me too. I have to be very selective with who I try to get and make the most use of my time there. Good thing I have two sketchbooks going now so at least I can get sketches twice as fast! Sort of.

Zombine

Banned
Guys, wouldn't be doing a hometown guy a solid if I didn't tell you guys. Brian Level, artist, who has done a Batman and Catwoman commission for me and also did me and Tims sketches on FCBD has his first big publisher book out this Wednesday.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/917?stockItemID=MAR150475

The Mantle from Image Comics with Ed Brisson writing it. Ed just finished up Sheltered which went 16 issues and my wife really liked it. Tim and I both have read advanced copies and we both liked it. Here is a letter in the back of the advanced copy from Ed Brisson.

wXCnkGB.jpg

So if you have to pick just one new book this week, forget Injection, get The Mantle.

I, Zombine, Gaffer, planned on reading this book by Ed Brisson™ anyways. Glad it turned out well.

And my list.

My BuyList via Comics Day App

LADY KILLER #5 $3.50
CONVERGENCE #6 $3.99
CONVERGENCE CATWOMAN #2 $3.99
CONVERGENCE SUICIDE SQUAD #2 $3.99
INJECTION #1 CVR A SHALVEY & BELLAIRE (MR) $2.99
MANTLE #1 CVR A LEVEL (MR) $3.99
SAGA #28 (MR) $2.99
SECRET WARS #2 $4.99
0 items priced 'Please Inquire':
End of BuyList

mreddie

Bill And Ted's Most Triumphant Return #3
Captain America And The Mighty Avengers #8
Captain Marvel #15
Howard The Duck #3
Miami Vice Remix #3
Ms Marvel #15
Secret Wars #2
Silk #4

For awhile I didn't pick an avatar because I thought I would change it all the time. I didn't even really want this one, I just picked it because no one else would have used it.

Now it's just there.

Just try not to switch avatars too often. I plan on sticking with this for a while.

Cheska

Can anyone with Marvel Unlimited confirm if the entire Brian Michael Bendis Ultimate Spider-Man saga is on there? From Parker->Morales.

I've read the Miles stuff, but I'm starting from the beginning with the first Ultimate Spidey omnibus but that only collects the first 39 issues, and they have not released another omnibus since. They do have like 11 OHC's but they're all out of print :(

Can anyone with Marvel Unlimited confirm if the entire Brian Michael Bendis Ultimate Spider-Man saga is on there? From Parker->Morales.

I've read the Miles stuff, but I'm starting from the beginning with the first Ultimate Spidey omnibus but that only collects the first 39 issues, and they have not released another omnibus since. They do have like 11 OHC's but they're all out of print :(

I believe it does

IIRC there's a coupon code to get a month free on MU: ULTRON

They do. Well as far into Miles run as 6 months ago (their new comic buffer)

Thanks guys! Will make this re-read much easier to not have to fork out like $200 for those extra books. Don't know if I can make it through 133 issues in a month though haha
Don't forget the ultimate comics Spider-Man run that kicked in after ultimatum! That's actually one of my favorite eras with everyone hanging at peters house

Edit: just read Nameless #3. Wow this is one messed up series. It's event horizon the comic book series

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget the ultimate comics Spider-Man run that kicked in after ultimatum! That's actually one of my favorite eras with everyone hanging at peters house

I LOVED the the Parker House for Wayward Superheroes. I think Bendis' peak is the random conversations that would happen between Peter and Johnny and Bobby.

Is it fair to say that Jean Grey's character arc during Uncanny X-Men, from the new team being brought on, all the up to the Dark Phoenix Saga (and the Saga itself, obviously) is up there as far as comic story arcs go? Like, the build up and everything to that point was just really good. Especially when it was done in a time where comics were still very much "This is an issue where thing happens! Tune in next time for a different thing! Maybe after that, a two-parter!" A fitting end for Jean (or so I thought at the time).

Just a thought that popped into my head recently.

NEO0MJ

Didn't gaiman leave it at a cliffhanger right after the tale suffered a major shift?

But yes, the mad praise is mostly due to Alan's part.

Did some reading online and yeah, the story was never complete. The way vol.3 ended made me think the story was over. More should be coming apparently.

Messi

Thanks for telling me to go to hospital last night guys. I thought everything was going to be ok but it seems I have a concussion :(

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Thanks for telling me to go to hospital last night guys. I thought everything was going to be ok but it seems I have a concussion :(

I hope it heals up quickly! Concussions are no fun at all. I just had a second one (a really small one) a couple months ago and it was really annoying.
So yeah, feel better soon, Messi!

The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec - Pterror Over Paris + Eiffel Tower Demon

This was great fun. A very well laid out (and well paced) mystery. It was also rather interesting that there was no "origin-story" so to speak. We are dropped right into the middle of Adele's adventures. Great art and colouring too.

Not opposed to this idea

Nicola Fury?

LOVE IT.

Also, I forget every artist in the Marvel Payroll drew this Rogue Planet Avengers issue. Thought j was reading Futures End for a second.

This NA/A re read is incredible though. MY HIGHEST REC.

Also, guys, I can't stop playing Destiny, and HOW isn't even out yet halp

Concussions are serious shit. One of my closest friends suffered two concussions in successive weeks and lost a semester in college because of it. He lost his short term memory for about 3 months. So to him, he was reliving the same day every day.

It was crazy. Whenever I met up with him he'd always suggest doing the same things.

One time we were in the car listening to some music and he started rapping along. A minute in he stops and says wait I've never heard this song how do I know the lyrics. It was a song from an album I had let him borrow after the 2nd concussion. The mind is a strange thing.

He had to keep a notebook of everything he needed to know so that when he woke up in the morning he'd read it and no one would have to explain anything. Basically like in memento.

thankfully he got it his short term memory back but that whole semester was lost for him. He does feel like his brain doesn't work quite as well as it used to but he's still brilliant.

He graduated on time, scored highly on his MCAT, got a scholarship to medical school and is going to a top 10 residency program for his specialty.

On topic, I reread infinity last night. great stuff. Hickman is really heavy on narrative but juggling a cast of 50 characters is really difficult but he manages it nicely.

Concussions are serious shit. One of my closest friends suffered two concussions in successive weeks and lost a semester in college because of it. He lost his short term memory for about 3 months. So to him, he was reliving the same day every day.

It was crazy. Whenever I met up with him he'd always suggest doing the same things.

One time we were in the car listening to some music and he started rapping along. A minute in he stops and says wait I've never heard this song how do I know the lyrics. It was a song from an album I had let him borrow after the 2nd concussion. The mind is a strange thing.

He had to keep a notebook of everything he needed to know so that when he woke up in the morning he'd read it and no one would have to explain anything. Basically like in memento.

thankfully he got it his short term memory back but that whole semester was lost for him. He does feel like his brain doesn't work quite as well as it used to but he's still brilliant.

He graduated on time, scored highly on his MCAT, got a scholarship to medical school and is going to a top 10 residency program for his specialty.

On topic, I reread infinity last night. great stuff. Hickman is really heavy on narrative but juggling a cast of 50 characters is really difficult but he manages it nicely.

The brain is fucking terrifying.

zennyzz

Nicola Fury?

LOVE IT.

Also, I forget every artist in the Marvel Payroll drew this Rogue Planet Avengers issue. Thought j was reading Futures End for a second.

This NA/A re read is incredible though. MY HIGHEST REC.

Also, guys, I can't stop playing Destiny, and HOW isn't even out yet halp

well that, but mostly a marvel take on maximum overdrive

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
loaded up some Secret Avengers on MU - gonna start while heading to my folks' for mother's day

jesus christ this is some comic book shit

People like girly hijinks. DC doesn't care if it's neckbeards or women buying the books, they'll try to appease whichever audience is the largest source of income.

Nothing to do with the large female following she has?

DC would be stupid to turn their backs on 70,000 people who want to buy an issue or two per month.

yeah this is pretty obvious

i was wasted last night, apologies all around

Tizoc

The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec - Pterror Over Paris + Eiffel Tower Demon

This was great fun. A very well laid out (and well paced) mystery. It was also rather interesting that there was no "origin-story" so to speak. We are dropped right into the middle of Adele's adventures. Great art and colouring too.

Wait is this by Alan Moore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom