• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

No, it was because some dudes were sucking dicks on Prince Robot's TV. I think after they took some heat they sucked some dicks themselves and it went back up.

This needs to be the thread title next month. If it's not we have screwed up as a community.

Bii

Do you store Comic related stuff next to your comics? Not sure if I should buy a storage for my Marvel flicks, so that I can put it into my Comicshelf :D

I try to but most end up elsewhere in the house. I have a corner in the living room where my comics are at but the only comic-related thing there (besides the comics) is just a Captain America: Winter Soldier poster.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tis why Hickman's FF is just as much a must read for SW as Remender's Uncanny X-Force was for Uncanny Avengers in my opinion

zennyzz

Ultraman looks really cool. I haven't been this hyped to check out a new manga series since One Piece. Has anyone read it?

It's very nice looking, but it's very obtuse at times, so quite a few moments feel like a slog. For a masked hero manga, I'd say read kamen rider spirits instead.

Bii

What happened to Messi?

I'm too cheap to buy that Hot Toys Hulkbuster so I'll settle on the Marvel Shop/Disney Store Exclusive Marvel Select version: http://shop.marvel.com/iron-man-hulkbuster-action-figure-marvel-select-8-pre-order/mp/17151/1000242/

6101047451765-6

Now that I'm through all my weekly new issues I'm back to my Frank Miller DD re read. I'm happy I'm now to the issues where Frank took over the writing the jump in quality was instantaneous.

Some recent observations through issue 171
- I never tire of the poor misfortunes of Turk. He's getting beat up and making silly mistakes like every issue. Same with Josie's bar getting wrecked all the time.
- the way things are written the first time DD ever confronts Kingpin was in Millers run.
- Bullseye be crazy
- Electra just hanging in the outskirts so far. Though I like her more calm and stable personality then Millers take on her in The Man without Fear re imaging

frye

It is by Jacques Tardi (Writing and Art and Colour). Adele Blanc-Sec predates Moore I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Tardi

He also wrote It Was the War of the Trenches and is more popular for that.

Edit: I just looked it up to be sure. It looks like he didn't do the colouring or inking for the first 4 stories. Just writing and pencils.

I've been meaning to try his more adventure-based stuff and yeah, Tardi is fucking great. War of the Trenches totally changed the way I think about war comics and his noir adaptations are aces.

I'm pretty sure that Kingpin was never really part of Daredevil's Rogues Gallery until Miller came on board. He was a Spider-Man villain beforehand.
I know he started as a Spider-Man villain and eventually was adopted by DD. I just didn't realize it took so long and Frank Miller for that to happen. That's like 15 years into his existence

Zombine

Banned
Lol I can see Messi a year from now:

Poster: "Why should I read Harley Quinn? What's so special about it?"

Messi: "I got a concussion m8"

Poster: "Well now I'm obligated to read it."

Zombine

Banned
So...that whole Image thing happened with Saga. First issue goes for a billion dollars, and anything after the first 10 or so issues can be found at cover price right now.

Alan Moore's Etrigan has the best rhymes. Seriously considering picking up Demon Knights just because of Swamp Thing. I under estimated how good this book was going to be.

Splatt

Reading Secret Wars with Ribic art makes me sad.

Sad for the untimely end of Hickman's Ultimates run. What could have been ;_;

So...that whole Image thing happened with Saga. First issue goes for a billion dollars, and anything after the first 10 or so issues can be found at cover price right now.

I might unload my graded first issue for $200ish. Not sure, since I like collecting BKV #1s. I've got Y: The Last Man and Ex Machina, too.

I got ASM #700, Secret Agent Poyo, Uncanny Avengers #1, every issue of Everybody Loves Tank Girl, every issue of Spider-Men, and every issue of AvX. Can I use it to pay for my college tuition? Secret Agent Poyo has got to be worth millions.

Zombine

Banned
Cool. I'll sell you the first ten issues for a billion. :D

Only if you buy my first ten for a billion and you've got yourself a deal.

I might unload my graded first issue for $200ish. Not sure, since I like collecting BKV #1s. I've got Y: The Last Man and Ex Machina, too.

What's Y and Ex Machina looking like these days? Have the increased in price?

I got ASM #700, Secret Agent Poyo, Uncanny Avengers #1, every issue of Everybody Loves Tank Girl, every issue of Spider-Men, and every issue of AvX. Can I use it to pay for my college tuition? Secret Agent Poyo has got to be worth millions.

YES.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I want to dive into Hickmanns Ultimates.

But I guess I wait for the next Backlog Collection Announcements. I could see Marvel releasing a Hickmann OHC.
His Run was 13 Issues long I guess? Perfect size.

Alpha, LOL. I remember Slott was hyping him up to be the next best thing for Spider-Man.
"Spider-Man is gonna have a sidekick! This is life changing! GET EXCITED!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom