• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
X-Factor #13 where they all talk to a shrink (Doc Samson, starting to become one of my favorite recurring character in several books) was so well written and smart. Also Pietro is a huge asshole during this lol (more so than usual)

Still the only decent use of Doc Samson.

Trying to find out what happened in his latest apparitions, ran into this
When Red Hulk and Doctor Strange traveled to the Monster Metropolis and enlisted the help of the Legion of Monsters, they discover that the spirit that has been haunting Red Hulk is the insane evil side of Doc Samson (referred to as Dark Samson) which hasn't passed into the next life. Using a ghost entrapment device, Red Hulk and the Legion of Monsters were able destroy the Dark Samson spirit by ripping the Dark Samson spirit in half. Red Hulk and the Legion of Monsters did a toast to honor Doc Samson after that.
#comics.

Mad Max is this week. I expect it to be the next Dredd. :(

i'm prolly gonna pick up the trade that releases in september that backstories these characters.

miller has put so much into it, and honestly aside from it looking like the most refreshing action movie in years it looks...beautiful. like on par with those well shot dramas you often get (one or two a year). blockbuster art or something lol.

Boogiepop

Star One the Terror of Hope. If you make it Star One: The Terror of Hope, it sounds like something that would be the title for a trade for a really forgettable series or something. Like the kind of thing you find scrounging around bargain bins.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Okay, so my generally underwhelmed feelings and disappointment with Spider-Gwen was greatly challenged with that last issue.
The exchange between Gwen and May was fantastic.
First real chance we've had to really care for the character since her unveiling.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just checked MU to see how big this X-Factor David run was and it's 113 issues o_O

Does it stay at least decent throughout? I'm only up to #15 ;_;

X-Factor #13 where they all talk to a shrink (Doc Samson, starting to become one of my favorite recurring character in several books) was so well written and smart. Also Pietro is a huge asshole during this lol (more so than usual)

David did it in his first run on X-Factor as well (back in the early '90s) and it's one of the quintessential bits regarding Pietro's personality:

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2009/11/19/a-year-of-cool-comic-book-moments-day-323/

time to post that scene again

pms1.jpg
pms2.jpg
pms3.jpg

Same reason that makes a man that uses jump sneakers with an oversized power suit think that he holds himself to a higher standard, would be my guess.

Whiteout and Whiteout: Melt finished. Too good. Want More. Doesn't exist. sad.

Just checked MU to see how big this X-Factor David run was and it's 113 issues o_O

Does it stay at least decent throughout? I'm only up to #15 ;_;
It's consistently great. I spent 100 issues in fear that it'd be cancelled with each "This changes everything" marvel event, but this little x book kept on trucking

Same reason that makes a man that uses jump sneakers with an oversized power suit think that he holds himself to a higher standard, would be my guess.

Whiteout and Whiteout: Melt finished. Too good. Want More. Doesn't exist. sad.
Those were the first Rucka books I read. Ah good times. Time for you to read Queen & Country next

Rhaknar

Jamie just killed a whole base of Hydra agents because they captured him, tried to mind control him and while mind controlled and hallucinating about his parents he started slapping himself saying "I'm bad", so with every slap a new dupe comes out and slaps himself, times infinity until there are so many dupes the hydra agents just get crushed to death from the mass...

That is horrifyingly original. I love the way they use his powers on this book

Fintan

Anyone got that image with the complete reading order for Hickman's Avengers run? I think someone here actually made it?

I want to try fit in a reread before the next Secret Wars issue.

Jamie just killed a whole base of Hydra agents because they captured him, tried to mind control him and while mind controlled and hallucinating about his parents he started slapping himself saying "I'm bad", so with every slap a new dupe comes out and slaps himself, times infinity until there are so many dupes the hydra agents just get crushed to death from the mass...

That is horrifyingly original. I love the way they use his powers on this book
Oh one note. There's a dark period late in the run where the writing is still great but it gets a stretch of very bad art. REAL bad. Fortunately it eventually gets corrected.

NexusCell

Okay, so my generally underwhelmed feelings and disappointment with Spider-Gwen was greatly challenged with that last issue.
First real chance we've had to really care for the character since her unveiling.

I loved how it basically highlighted how completely fucked up Gwen's headspace was.

Rhaknar

Can we talk about how fucked up Jamie's powers are? Maybe it's my phobia of clones (seriously, clones freak me out, the whole sense of self and the meaning of who you are. Movies like the prestige or that puzzle game in space with the clones creep me out) but the idea that his dupes are living people with personalities that are as much Jamie as the original is, well it's fucked.

Issue #16 just had a story where he runs into a dupe that has a wife and son (and is a priest on top), and he goes there to absorb him (as he tends to do to his dupes), how fucked is that. Not to mention the dupes that die which are basically him dying...fuck
I hate clones

Yeah the book's really getting good. Hopefully the hiatus isn't very long :/

Also, RIP Freeza, hope you come back soon fam.

Rhaknar

-knew you'd show up
-oh yeah? How's that?
-because my friend, I'm the world's greatest detective
-I thought that was Batman
-nope. For starters I don't get off on having kids with green shorts following me around. What's up with that?
-dunno.

Shit like this on Marvel comics break my brain >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom