• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Gonna move on real quick and just explain what I know to put it out there:

The image was banable and really fucking awful. I have seen their "NSFW" figures before, but this was one of those "10,000 year old in a kid's body" type things. It threw me off guard even more so because of how it was linked. The rest was a ticking time bomb.

Anyways, comics:

Namor is fucking amazing.

comic talk b, stay focused

ASM087_14.jpg
ASM087_16.jpg
ASM087_17.jpg

ok taking into consideration the later revelation that Mary Jane knew Peter was Spidey basically from the very beginning, that last panel is TWICE as evil as it was originally

Zombine

Banned
He's the oldest comic super and the oldest comic douchebag

I love it because he has a right to be a douche. He's always keeping it real in New Avengers, and he's the only one that makes any sense. All the other dudes get too wrapped up in their own shit, and Namor just be like "Bitch I'm Namor."

He's the only dude in that book that basically makes his intentions clear that he hates everyone, and is probably going to fuck them over.

-knew you'd show up
-oh yeah? How's that?
-because my friend, I'm the world's greatest detective
-I thought that was Batman
-nope. For starters I don't get off on having kids with green shorts following me around. What's up with that?
-dunno.

Shit like this on Marvel comics break my brain >_<
DC comics are printed inside the mahvel universe, fam.
Also true, Madrox dos WAY creepier stuff than having a kid with green shorts following him around.

Anyways, comics:

Namor is fucking amazing.
No lies detected.

Can we talk about how fucked up Jamie's powers are? Maybe it's my phobia of clones (seriously, clones freak me out, the whole sense of self and the meaning of who you are. Movies like the prestige or that puzzle game in space with the clones creep me out) but the idea that his dupes are living people with personalities that are as much Jamie as the original is, well it's fucked.

Issue #16 just had a story where he runs into a dupe that has a wife and son (and is a priest on top), and he goes there to absorb him (as he tends to do to his dupes), how fucked is that. Not to mention the dupes that die which are basically him dying...fuck
I hate clones

Yeah, its a shame that we dont get more mileage out of that becase tie-ins. Easily the best aspect of all things Madrox.

He's the only dude in that book that basically makes his intentions clear that he hates everyone, and is probably going to fuck them over.

Naw. Tchalla also says, like, 400 times that he will try to punk Green Speedos some time in the future. And Steve got mindzapped for speaking his mind.

PsychBat!

Banned
I love it because he has a right to be a douche. He's always keeping it real in New Avengers, and he's the only one that makes any sense. All the other dudes get too wrapped up in their own shit, and Namor just be like "Bitch I'm Namor."
How far are you in NA?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wasn't Rhaknar OUT of comics ten years ago? Where all he knew back then was just X-Men stuff?

Before subbing to MU in December I hadn't read a comic book (not counting my yearly Preacher read) in about 12 or so years, whenever Morrison's New X-Men came out...I remember buying a few of those (and all the other stuff around that time), not reading any of it and quitting soon after.

Other last stuff I remember before quitting was, Maggot / Marrow / Cecilia Reyes, Iceman and Bastion and Sentinels, I believe that arc was the summer after Onslaught.

PsychBat!

Banned
Before subbing to MU in December I hadn't read a comic book (not counting my yearly Preacher read) in about 12 or so years, whenever Morrison's New X-Men came out...I remember buying a few of those (and all the other stuff around that time), not reading any of it and quitting soon after.

Other last stuff I remember before quitting was, Maggot / Marrow / Cecilia Reyes, Iceman and Bastion and Sentinels, I believe that arc was the summer after Onslaught.

our own steve rogers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
our own steve rogers.

Right down to the fact I was down in the
comic
trenches while most of you were in diapers...

The real question is, who is my Tony Stark who I'll fight until
we get hit by a helicarrier ;_;

Mudcrab

Namor's always been like that.

NexusCell

Everyone outlives Squirrel Girl. Remember that Secret Wars variant where all the important Marvel characters were having a party and Squirrel Girl wasn't invited..................................I'm sorry.

That's because she makes everyone else look worse by just being present in the same room.

zennyzz

Namor's an interesting character. He's always a douchebag, and he's always real

but....

he also almost always gets away with all the bullshit that he's pulled over the decades.

Namor's got a shit list so long you could write a three part novel called "Shit namor's done to fuck everybody else over and how he usually gets away with it."

Rhaknar

Took a break from x-factor as I tend to do when I read too many issues of the same book and read Spidey 2099 #2-4, and whoever said it was bland the other day nailed it. It's not bad per se, just completely generic.

Miles Morales #1 on the other hand was great, really like the character already and can see why people wanted him in 616 just from 1 issue. Really liked his friend dude, and is that Kate Bishop as in hawkguy's Kate (well, from the ultimate universe of course)?

Also, I've said it before but his costume is amazing.

Rhaknar

Where is that from? I don't remember that in new avengers

Rhaknar

three part mini starring the inhumans, falc cap and the greatest peter parker spidey that's been written in years

Guess it's not on MU then if it involves Sam, he just debuted as Cap 1 week ago there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom