• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
I wonder if we'll get a Mark Waid Daredevil Omnibus vol 1-2, or the whole thing in one collection. There haven't been any "X-Statix" sized Omnis in a while. Uncanny Avengers is really small as well. I expect a New York/Cali set for maximum profitz.

:( I did not, but it's not so expensive so if I love it and that sorta thing...I'll probably "upgrade" at some point.
To be fair, I've given away to friends dozens of trades I bought again later in oversized format. My rationale was that great books deserve great formats and spreading the love is pretty cool anyway. FCBD all year long.

I hope you enjoy it!

Zombine

Banned
To be fair, I've given away to friends dozens of trades I bought again later in oversized format. My rationale was that great books deserve great formats and spreading the love is pretty cool anyway. FCBD all year long.

I hope you enjoy it!

Actually, it would be great if we could work something out where we pass along all of our old tpb's we don't want to one another to share the wealth. It's been done here in the past, but not to the point where it's a thing. I'd also like to make sure that the good will of certain folks (bii, the biggest most nicest Mark here) don't get ripped off constantly. It shouldn't be "what can I get from him next?" It should be a trend where we all unload our unwanted shit to the next person, and keep track of who is getting/giving what, and how frequent.

Also, if we're going to do a Secret Santa this year, we should begin in October to sort out all of the international business.

I wonder if we'll get a Mark Waid Daredevil Omnibus vol 1-2, or the whole thing in one collection. There haven't been any "X-Statix" sized Omnis in a while. Uncanny Avengers is really small as well. I expect a New York/Cali set for maximum profitz.
I just checked and each Busiek Avengers volume is 1200 pages. Almost 2500 pages of concentrated greatness coupled with a mailman's broken back.

This also taught me there's a really neat Marvel Omnibus Wikipedia page.

Actually, it would be great if we could work something out where we pass along all of our old tpb's we don't want to one another to share the wealth. It's been done here in the past, but not to the point where it's a thing. I'd also like to make sure that the good will of certain folks (bii, the biggest most nicest Mark here) don't get ripped off constantly. It shouldn't be "what can I get from him next?"
That's a pretty good idea. Being in continental Europe, shipping costs would probably be higher than the price of my trades but I'd more than willing to give it a try.

Zombine

Banned
That's a pretty good idea. Being in continental Europe, shipping costs would probably be higher than the price of my trades but I'd more than willing to give it a try.

Shipping would be on the end of the person who wants the books with minimal exception. All transactions would be done via PayPal, with stringent rules in regards to how to protect yourself, and punishment for potential scammers would be handed out via whatever mod we get involved. We're all cool, but on our end if someone pops up randomly just when we are giving shit away/trading, those people need to be scrutinized to hell and back.

Messi

Actually, it would be great if we could work something out where we pass along all of our old tpb's we don't want to one another to share the wealth. It's been done here in the past, but not to the point where it's a thing. I'd also like to make sure that the good will of certain folks (bii, the biggest most nicest Mark here) don't get ripped off constantly. It shouldn't be "what can I get from him next?" It should be a trend where we all unload our unwanted shit to the next person, and keep track of who is getting/giving what, and how frequent.

Also, if we're going to do a Secret Santa this year, we should begin in October to sort out all of the international business.

We all know that Kipp got ripped off the worst. That shit was terrible.

We need to do secret santa this year. You are all getting dildos.

who's spending $100 to watch old people fight here?

it costs $30 here to order the ppv

Zombine

Banned
We all know that Kipp got ripped off the worst. That shit was terrible.

We need to do secret santa this year. You are all getting dildos.

What happened to Kipp?

And that's weird, I had the same idea for Secret Santa gifts as I was posting that.

Bii

Some of these cats out here look like they've been camping all morning for FCBD. Got lawn chairs sprawled out, hoodies zipped all the way up, sleeping

That reminds me, I have quite a bit of digital codes I need to unload from my Marvel comics I've bought over the past few months.

Messi

Some of these cats out here look like they've been camping all morning for FCBD. Got lawn chairs sprawled out, hoodies zipped all the way up, sleeping

That reminds me, I have quite a bit of digital codes I need to unload from my Marvel comics I've bought over the past few months.

Free comic day is serious business. Gotta see what miles is up to.

If you still have Daredevil I haven't kept up :p

PsychBat!

Banned
Nothing like that's happening outside my LCS. Thank goodness. I want all the comics to not read ever.

Bii

Free comic day is serious business. Gotta see what miles is up to.

If you still have Daredevil I haven't kept up :p

Yeah man, still have Daredevil and will PM you codes when I get home.

Here's the line at my LCS 3 hours before it opens.

CrupKZz.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I need your help.
There was a Issue, where a alien or a Moloid or something else meet up with Iron Man. It seemed like a not that serious book and most people here loved it.
I think it was a One Shot. Or part of the Iron Man series... I dont know :/

Has one of you an idea what I mean? :/

Messi

Yeah man, still have Daredevil and will PM you codes when I get home.

Here's the line at my LCS 3 hours before it opens.

Look at that blue sky. Just perfect. I wish we had weather like that. It just rains here. Must be warm too as that guy has an unbrella to block the sun. Don't get sunburn bii.

Bii

Look at that blue sky. Just perfect. I wish we had weather like that. It just rains here. Must be warm too as that guy has an unbrella to block the sun. Don't get sunburn bii.

It's only 65F right now with a slight cool breeze. Feels good man. I'm under a shaded awning, so I should be okay. :)

Where I'm at, it's practically warm 10 months of the year. We rarely see rain now.

I need your help.
There was a Issue, where a alien or a Moloid or something else meet up with Iron Man. It seemed like a not that serious book and most people here loved it.
I think it was a One Shot. Or part of the Iron Man series... I dont know :/

Has one of you an idea what I mean? :/
Was it when Broo met Iron Man during AvX?

God damn...they really must be shit. Definitely going to prioritize Divergence now.

Marvel had fun little promotional stories but they weren't really essential at all. That Batman story though.

The Darkseid War continues to be garbage. The whole preview in a vision shit or flashback in spread after spread is such lazy Johns. It's like he doesn't feel like really writing anything so he'll either go "ok artist, just redraw this old storyline" or cut and paste his outlines for future story lines into the script. What happened to that dude.

New Superman writer is good too but JRJR is still in coast control.

But that Batman reveal is so good it gives DC the easy layup, even when what they really want to hype is Darkseid War which, as stated, is everything wrong and bland about Nu52 in one tight little package.

Zombine

Banned
Oh fuck. Nobody was at my shop. A small crowd and a bit busier than usual, but I was in and out in about 5 minutes. I bought Sunstone vol 2 and I got talking to the one employee and I forgot to pay for my books and started to walk off XD.

Owzers

i'm reading the beginning of Spider-Verse on MU in between Star Wars Legacy issues, Spider-Gwen in edge of #2 is such a Comics-Gaf book. Girl bands and "loud as hell". I liked the art a lot, the vibrant coloring, it was a fun issue.

Oh fuck. Nobody was at my shop. A small crowd and a bit busier than usual, but I was in and out in about 5 minutes. I bought Sunstone vol 2 and I got talking to the one employee and I forgot to pay for my books and started to walk off XD.

Some people take FCBD a bit too literally. I couldn't resist...

Tim and I had a good time. We each got a advanced copy of Ed Brisson and Brian Levels Image book The Mantle. For buying that for $10 we each got a sketch. I got Darkseid and I'll let him tell what he got.

We were also able to take one of every book they had. No limit.

frye

Gonna try and cop 2000 ad, Super Mutant Magic Academy, and Hip Hop Family Tree if I can get my ass outta the house today

Zombine

Banned
Tim and I had a good time. We each got a advanced copy of Ed Brisson and Brian Levels Image book The Mantle. For buying that for $10 we each got a sketch. I got Darkseid and I'll let him tell what he got.

We were also able to take one of every book they had. No limit.

Here was my stores limit:

"Hey just so you all know it's 5 books per customer."

"How many books do you have? 10? Ok."

Messi

Good job on Sunstone

C5iDtRT.gif

Had a BLAST at the store today. It was my first time really going to the LCS and searching around. Can't wait to go on Wednesday to see what's new and start my first pull list.

Any other good modern horror or sci-fi worth picking up?

Freebies:

Pickups:

Great pickups especially Squirrel Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom