• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudcrab

All i'm finding on that is "telepathy, because that's how max doesn't make BB completely his boy toy".

It's something to do with his family (and dog?) it's also how he makes special mind places for Medusa and him to share.

Also that one thing in Infinity found out the hard way.

Transformers more than meets the eye was a lot of fun. Last Stand of the Wreckers is also a great semi-standalone.

I hear good things of More than Meets the Eye and Robots in Disguise but I didn't read those series.

What I did read is Tom Sciolli's Transformers vs GI Joe and I looooove it. Kirby-esque hijinks. You can read IDW's free comic books day issues from 2014 and 2015 to sample it if you want.
Is there one currently running? Is that Robots in Disguise?
BRB READING THIS IMMEDIATELY
Good decision
No no, that's a different ish
4707803068_4cfd69fe85_b.jpg

4707803640_63725ddca9.jpg
Christ that image will never not get a laugh out of me
I will check this out, thanks.

----

Translucid (tpb)

One of my favorite mini series.
"Sometimes the horse knows better than the navigator."
What's the verdict on Superior Iron Man? Debating whether to stick it on this week's order or just MU it. I wasn't crazy about issue #1.
It's Tony being a dick. So, if you like that, then pick it up. Otherwise you're not missing much.

Bii

I like that Skottie cover.

My little comic corner. I've procrastinated putting up additional posters/art on the adjacent wall; especially after taking this photo, it looks so empty.

Also, I was just contacted by an artist who did a sketch in my book a few weeks back. It freaked me out a bit because she shares a similar name to a previous boss I had. I'm not sure if she reads GAF or not and probably saw my previous post but she did express that she wasn't satisfied with the commission she had done for me and is now offering me a sketch free of charge. Part of me wants to not take up the offer because, well, I don't think it's needed and I'd feel guilty taking it. I think I would still feel guilty if I turned it down because it really sounds like she cares and wants to make it "right". Also, she's not in the US so shipping anything might cost a bit more if anything is involved. What would you do, my friends?

And in all honesty, the sketch wasn't bad at all. It may not have looked like her inked/colored works, and my expectations may have been high after seeing what she was coloring at her booth (if I ever find it, I'll link it), but I still like what she had done for me.

new auteur and new Image books, solid week imo

Injection #1
Mythic #1
Mantle #1
RunLoveKill #2
Auteur: Sister Bambi #1

also they're collecting the 70s Night Nurse comics in a 7.99 issue. is it... good?

tim1138

So unless I'm reading it wrong part of the reason for the Archie kickstarter is to help cover costs for them to expand into Target and Wal-Mart. Huh.

Messi

So unless I'm reading it wrong part of the reason for the Archie kickstarter is to help cover costs for them to expand into Target and Wal-Mart. Huh.

Jon Goldwater
We’ve gotten a lot of questions about why we’re asking for this money and what it means for these books, so to be completely transparent:

A few months back, Archie got a huge opportunity—we got the chance to set up some rack space at Target and Wal-Mart. The opportunity was unexpected but important. It also meant a diversion of resources that we did not anticipate. It’s the good kind of surprise. But it didn’t come without a price.

That being said, we knew ARCHIE #1 was going to be a huge success. How could it not be? Mark Waid + Fiona Staples + Archie!

So we wanted to maximize the opportunity and present our fans with more #NewRiverdale content, from some of the best creators out there. Minus this Kickstarter, would these books come out? Yes, eventually. But we don’t want to wait—and we don’t think our fans want to wait. Hence, this call for help in building a #NewRiverdale.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

tim1138

lol, what?

Wow xD

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05...ter-as-archie-signs-deal-with-targetwal-mart/

We’ve gotten a lot of questions about why we’re asking for this money and what it means for these books, so to be completely transparent:

A few months back, Archie got a huge opportunity—we got the chance to set up some rack space at Target and Wal-Mart. The opportunity was unexpected but important. It also meant a diversion of resources that we did not anticipate. It’s the good kind of surprise. But it didn’t come without a price

MG310

Archie wants that grocery store check-out line spot back.

I still can't think of Archie as a comic you buy at the comic store. Even the magazine version of Afterlife with Archie was at my Wegmans.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I don't know, this is a great opportunity to expose a previously neglected portion of the population, who are shopping for family-size hot pockets and shotgun shells, to comics.

Soodanim

I'm going to buy some Civil War stuff on Comixology as they're 69p an episode right now - is this the best way to do it? Would Marvel Unlimited be better? There are 98 issues according to Comixology, and outside of the 7 issues of Civil War (£4.83, not bad) itself I'd buy a few that were recommended if they're deemed necessary, but no way am I spending nearly £70 on comics. The ones that stand out to me are Spidey, Panther, Illuminati, FF, X-Men, Cable & Deadpool.

Thoughts?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm going to buy some Civil War stuff on Comixology as they're 69p an episode right now - is this the best way to do it? Would Marvel Unlimited be better? There are 98 issues according to Comixology, and outside of the 7 issues of Civil War (£4.83, not bad) itself I'd buy a few that were recommended if they're deemed necessary, but no way am I spending nearly £70 on comics. The ones that stand out to me are Spidey, Panther, Illuminati, FF, X-Men, Cable & Deadpool.

Thoughts?

Marvel Unlimited is having a free promo month (code ULTRON) . Def your best bet if you want to read a story as divisive as Civil War.

I like that Skottie cover.

My little comic corner. I've procrastinated putting up additional posters/art on the adjacent wall; especially after taking this photo, it looks so empty.

Also, I was just contacted by an artist who did a sketch in my book a few weeks back. It freaked me out a bit because she shares a similar name to a previous boss I had. I'm not sure if she reads GAF or not and probably saw my previous post but she did express that she wasn't satisfied with the commission she had done for me and is now offering me a sketch free of charge. Part of me wants to not take up the offer because, well, I don't think it's needed and I'd feel guilty taking it. I think I would still feel guilty if I turned it down because it really sounds like she cares and wants to make it "right". Also, she's not in the US so shipping anything might cost a bit more if anything is involved. What would you do, my friends?

And in all honesty, the sketch wasn't bad at all. It may not have looked like her inked/colored works, and my expectations may have been high after seeing what she was coloring at her booth (if I ever find it, I'll link it), but I still like what she had done for me.

One time at a convention, I was doing a commission for this guy. He was a huge Captain Marvel/Shazam fan and was just super excited. I was talking to him at the same time as I was inking and I started to erase one part that hadnt fully dried yet and some of the ink smeared. I felt so bad I had to give it to him for free.

I'd go ahead and find a way to get a new sketch if they're offering it. Sometimes bad drawings haunt us haha. You could have her send you a page that fits the size of the sketchbook and then append the new page to the sketchbook. I know some people that have done that.

What the hell's with the completely random Agents of SHIELD Renew Your Vows variant?

On the other hand...

<3
This is probably the best J Scott Campbell piece I've seen in a long time. Probably because MJ isnt in some absurd pose.

Thoughts?

Depends on your reading loadout. If you're just using your phone, Unlimited is okay. But anything iPad mini and up, Unlimited is lo res worthlessness. If you really only care about the story and not the art, I guess MU is okay, but there's some great stuff in there. McNiven is at his all time best, INKED Ron Garney, you owe it to yourself to see them in the best possible light.

Squire

Banned
Do Cyke/Logan know about Prof. X being a part of Illuminati? I'm guessing not, but I'd kill to see the reactions if they knew. (Don't tell me if that's a thing that happens.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom