• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

IT'S BEEN 2 MONTHS ALREADY WHERE'S THE LAST ONE?!!?!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Avengers #38 - Cyclops got a pheonix egg aparently and says "I think its time I step in the game" lol. Sunspot is leading his team against both Illuminati and Shield, who he thinks have both gone of the rails. Tons of callbacks to early issues. this run feels so unlike anything Marvel ever done in my opinion I guess Hickman's own F4 stuff would be the closest), I think any MCU fan randomly picking up a Avengers book these days because they like the movies would be instantly turned off, but I love it. Also, can we talk about the fact that motherfucking SUNSPOT of all people is a major player in all this.

Axis #6 - lol... is this so bad that it became good? Its dangeously close to breaking that barrier in my opinion...fuck its so stupid. Apocalypse and his X-Men take over Manhantan and are gonna blow up a DNA bomb to kill all non-mutants. Tony is making a killing of his stupid body image app, and slaps Daredevil around. Thor is a dick, and Sabretooth, Carnage and the other villains are the new Avengers (lol). Oh and Wanda kicks Doom's ass (I blame the inversion) and Mags/Quicksilver saves him, which I assume leads to the now famous "lol we're not really your kids afterall Mags" scene in the next issue. Its a huge mess, the likes I hadnt seen in a Marvel event yet (as much as you guys sht on all the events), and like I said, its dangeously close of being so bad it becomes good.

Apparently Ms. Wilson tweeted, in regards to when the next issue of Ms. Marvel would be:

Last before the big Marvel U event starting this month. Then every Marvel title gets rebooted in the fall.
— G. Willow Wilson (@GWillowWilson) May 11, 2015

It has since been deleted.

ItsHappening.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Apparently Ms. Wilson tweeted, in regards to when the next issue of Ms. Marvel would be:

It has since been deleted.

ItsHappening.gif

pretty much what we already suspected. All New Ms.Marvel #1 in the fall :p

well good might be pushing it, but like a horrible car crash, I cant seem to look away

edit: oh and by the way, reading Avengers #38 and Cyke's insane "us or them" phylosophy (that he's been pushing for years now of course), those Planet X-Men rumours are actually not THAT far fetched when you think about it. Ddue would probably love to live in a planet with just mutants

Tizoc

Really? Haven't seem him yet. Gonna have to look it up.

There's a Sonic Boom comic which is part of the event. Only thing I have an issue with about it is that it's humor is going a little too far with the 4th wall breaking >_>;

it was always down to two candidates that i was aware of

dr jane foster

would post the image, but you can find it at the usual places

wut
How'd she get to the moon or wherever the Hammer was? Everyone who speculated it was Crystal...that made more sense IMO

well good might be pushing it, but like a horrible car crash, I cant seem to look away

It'll get even stupider.

Won't ever reach Duggan Hulk levels, however. I mean. That thing. Ffs.

Always got the feeling that something big happened in the last 8 months to put cyke firmly in FUUUUUUCCCCCKKK YOOOOOU mode.

Owzers

I don't really care if they do a reboot, all I ask is any future reboot be crazy and not just " everyone is younger and single"

Although outside of the Fantastic Four i'm struggling to think of relationships....Cage and Jones.....uhhhh i dunno.

Rhaknar

I bet Cyke let out a little smirk when he found out Logan was dead

"Im still here motherfucker"

Just finished Irredeemable, damn that was a page turner.

If the ending of this book doesn't make you appreciate Superman then you have no soul.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
wut
How'd she get to the moon or wherever the Hammer was? Everyone who speculated it was Crystal...that made more sense IMO

dont know

roz was the only one that made sense. unless the all mother sent her there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom