• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zennyzz

It's something to do with his family (and dog?) it's also how he makes special mind places for Medusa and him to share.

Also that one thing in Infinity found out the hard way.

vljQ6Od.jpg

It's not a common thing but they do it. Usually it's just her reading his body language though.

styl3s

I would like to see comics in more retail places like grocery or drug stores again.
Man i used to buy so many comics from this gas station back in 93-96. I think they stopped around 96 because the last issue i ever bought there was a Age of Apocalypse issue. The only drug store to sell comics near me got put out of business when a Revco moved in and that bummed me out because the guy who owned it specifically ordered WWF magazines for me and my friend.

It would be amazing if gas stations and places like Walgreens/CVS got a comic book rack but considering how many comic book shops close down i can't imagine it would ever be worth it in terms of money for them. Here you have to sell Magic/Pokemon/Digimon cards and stuff if you wanna stay in business and sell comics.

Terrible. The first two came out the same day and now I need to wait till november to read it right and not get the full story? will I finish this run before 2017?

Yeah, it's stupid. I was on the verge of buying the OHCs and then I noticed there was a free month of Marvel Unlimited so I've been reading them there. I'd prefer a hard copy but at least it's not a massive wait to continue the story.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Terrible. The first two came out the same day and now I need to wait till november to read it right and not get the full story? will I finish this run before 2017?
New Avengers will only need 1 OHC after this.
Curious about Avengers, its 20 Issues after the second OHC. Could be a biger OHC, I dont see them release two unannounced books.

I think I will just wait until next year and read it then.

Messi

Yeah, it's stupid. I was on the verge of buying the OHCs and then I noticed there was a free month of Marvel Unlimited so I've been reading them there. I'd prefer a hard copy but at least it's not a massive wait to continue the story.

It looks great in OHC but this wait is killing my interest in going on.

Guys, Chapters is doing 20% off when using Visa Checkout. I'm going for either:
Doom Patrol Omnibus (GF almost bought this for me for Xmas so I'm leaning this way)
or Daredevil by Bendis (I read all of Miller's stuff a couple of years ago and am now going through Waid's and wouldn't mind more DD)

Thoughts?

arkon

Doom Patrol Omnibus (GF almost bought this for me for Xmas so I'm leaning this way)
or Daredevil by Bendis (I read all of Miller's stuff a couple of years ago and am now going through Waid's and wouldn't mind more DD)

Thoughts?

why not both?

Mudcrab

Thoughts?

Bendis DD is outstanding, but Doom Patrol is something special. You're already leaning the right way.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Thoughts?

Doom Patrol.

Thoughts?
If you have the chance to grab Doom Patrol, you take it

Soodanim

Marvel Unlimited is having a free promo month (code ULTRON) . Def your best bet if you want to read a story as divisive as Civil War.
Thanks, I see no reason to not try that first then!

Depends on your reading loadout. If you're just using your phone, Unlimited is okay. But anything iPad mini and up, Unlimited is lo res worthlessness. If you really only care about the story and not the art, I guess MU is okay, but there's some great stuff in there. McNiven is at his all time best, INKED Ron Garney, you owe it to yourself to see them in the best possible light.
Hmm. Well for home it's either going to be desktop (24" 1080p) or Nexus 7 (7" 1080p IPS), and if I'm using it for just a free month trial I'll want to get the most out of it so I'll be using my Z3 Compact (4.6" 720p IPS). I guess I'm about to find out just how tolerable I find it, but for me it is more about the story than the art. Unless it's bloody good art I'm not wired that way to really appreciate it. Thanks for the warning.

Zombine

Banned
You'll be hard pressed to find any page at all from Capullo that isn't $500+. Spreads typically go for $1.2k-2k as well.

Dude is gonna cost some money.

You'll be hard pressed to find any page at all from Capullo that isn't $500+ Spreads typically go for $1.2k-2k. He's gonna cost some money.

I know Danny Miki gets a percentage of the pages as he inks on page. Capullo won't have them all. The good news is this his wife's project, and you won't have to pay art dealer fees. You will be getting it straight from the source. Should help with the cost.

Zombine

Banned
I know Danny Miki gets a percentage of the pages as he inks on page. Capullo won't have them all. The good news is this his wife's project, and you won't have to pay art dealer fees. You will be getting it straight from the source. Should help with the cost.

Oh wow. Prices might not be as bad as I thought. Still gonna cost some dough, but it'll be a bit more reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom