• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fintan

Re-reading Hickman Avengers. Really not feeling the Kubert art in these early issues. He's a very up-and-down artist. Sometimes I enjoy him, sometimes I think he looks really bad.

Messi

Stjepan Sejic is a passionate comics making dude. Sucks he hasn't found the audience he deserves.

He's now making Death Vigil free for people as a result. I hope his work gets to more people and benefits him in the end

Absolutely and I will support him in anything he does going forward. I refuse to read the unreleased issue. I will wait until it is finished and on stands and buy it and then I wait for my trade. He deserves nothing but love.

Anyone here read Chrononauts by MM?

Loving it. It is just great fun right now. Great art.

Boogiepop

Stjepan Sejic is a passionate comics making dude. Sucks he hasn't found the audience he deserves.

He's now making Death Vigil free for people as a result. I hope his work gets to more people and benefits him in the end

This is a good chance to say that I read volume 2 of Sunstone. Still really enjoying it, and I'll add my +1 to the "buy this even if you aren't into BDSM or anything, people" train. It's good stuff. Think I'll hold off for the trade release of volume 3 rather than trying to check out the deviantart or anything, so that can remain an absolute priority for me when it comes out.

Also, started the Miller Daredevil collection. Still not at the part where he starts writing yet, though. Like the kind of silly "Spiderman is (temporarily) blinded and teams up with DD" story, and I stopped reading at the end of that first Bullseye story which ends with him losing in a rather embarrassing manner. It's not great stuff so far but it's kind of fun.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Love it

GGIQXUO.jpg

Messi

This is a good chance to say that I read volume 2 of Sunstone. Still really enjoying it, and I'll add my +1 to the "buy this even if you aren't into BDSM or anything, people" train. It's good stuff. Think I'll hold off for the trade release of volume 3 rather than trying to check out the deviantart or anything, so that can remain an absolute priority for me when it comes out.

Also, started the Miller Daredevil collection. Still not at the part where he starts writing yet, though. Like the kind of silly "Spiderman is (temporarily) blinded and teams up with DD" story, and I stopped reading at the end of that first Bullseye story which ends with him losing in a rather embarrassing manner. It's not great stuff so far but it's kind of fun.

It is coming in September and he is currently updating the art. It looks much better in the book so it is better to wait. Really glad you liked it. I would love to know what your reaction was to the
Marion stuff where she nearly kills herself. It destroyed me.

Squire

Banned
Coming around on that Harley, eh Messi? Is that Robbie or a cosplayer? Saw that pic and another one on Twitter this morning.

Vyer

Hey Tragicomedy, I realized I did have League after all after digging a bit today. Thanks for the offer though that's awesome of you. Hopefully someone else can pick them up and enjoy them.

Is there one currently running? Is that Robots in Disguise?
h.

Robots in Disguise and More Than Meets The Eye run concurrently. For about 22 issues, then they crossover for an arc called Dark Cybertron, then back separately again.

I have only read V1 of RiD, but have read six volumes of More Than Meets The Eye. It's fantastic, both as a Transformers comic and just as a very fun read.

Man i used to buy so many comics from this gas station back in 93-96. I think they stopped around 96 because the last issue i ever bought there was a Age of Apocalypse issue. The only drug store to sell comics near me got put out of business when a Revco moved in and that bummed me out because the guy who owned it specifically ordered WWF magazines for me and my friend.

It would be amazing if gas stations and places like Walgreens/CVS got a comic book rack but considering how many comic book shops close down i can't imagine it would ever be worth it in terms of money for them. Here you have to sell Magic/Pokemon/Digimon cards and stuff if you wanna stay in business and sell comics.

Yup. Mine was an Eckerd's drug store. They had a rack right near the pharmacy and right near the front checkout. That's how I started reading comics, IIRC.

I guess this whole Archie thing is because people are mad that they should be able to cover the cost without going to Kickstarter? I guess that's fair. Overall though I have no problem with comics spreading out beyond just comics retailers again.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'd like to see Tradd Moore work with Millar, since he's already used to working with hacks.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Scarlet Spider's getting a reboot too, right? Right??

Sandfox

Every book is gonna be a relaunch, Marvel loves their #1 issues. Seriously, every book gets a relaunch? Even Silk and Ant-Man?

It makes sense from a sells persepective and they have 30+ spots to fill will new ongoings. This is basically going to be Marvel trying their version of the New 52 sales boost.

Scarlet Spider's getting a reboot too, right? Right??

I'd want to see the SW Spider-Verse book become an ongoing starring him, Spider-UK, and Spider-Girl.

Mindwipe

So, every time I see panels of Transformers, it's always really good. Is there some really good run of Transformers that I should be reading somewhere?

You should have jumped on that Humble Bundle.

Read More Than Meets The Eye, there's like a "season" that comprises of the first five trades, then a crossover with it's sister book Robots In Disguise.

Last Stand of the Wreckers is also good - it's by the same writer as More Than Meets The Eye and a few of the characters from also show up in MTMTE later on.

When the Transformers book split into MTMTE/RID it was intended to be a jumping on point, so it's reasonably accessible.

arkon

I have many faces, but what if I changed my name.

I think you'd be easy to spot.

Olivia Wilde sniffing comics pages you bought featuring Harley Quinn art drawn by Chad Hardin from his patreon page linked to by Sejic who is drawing new Sunstone pages for his girly hijinks project with Miles and Kate who are better than Peter and MJ but Anna Maria is the best and Nocenti.

keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom