• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bii

I was gonna commission ed after I started my sketchbook, which would be after SDCC though. I like the Batman, good call on the negative space

Yo Bii idk if I've asked you before but what kind of sketchbook you use? I've got a spiral bound one but I was thinking about getting a hardbound one for my second

I had a break between now and SDCC, so it was the perfect time for me to send off my sketchbooks for private commissions. My other book should be arriving soon. :]

As for what I use, I have two IDW Convention Sketchbooks (hardcover, 120 pages) that were previously SDCC '12 exclusives. I actually didn't pick one up until the following year at SDCC '13 at the IDW booth for only $20. By the time SDCC '14 rolled around, these books have become a bit scarce and hard to find. I managed to snag my second book off of ebay a month ago for only $15 shipped. It's still in stock at Amazon from third party sellers (for ~$35) and international sellers on ebay. If IDW has them again at their booth this year at SDCC, I'm picking up another to start a third book. XD

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Someone make me a kick ass Doom avatar, the winner gets a hug worth $6700

Jim Cheung drew a great Doom in Children's Crusade.

FJPjKmT.jpg

Read Inhumans By Right of Birth.

Pretty good. Super fucked up. The second story is just some old-timey goofiness that's relevant to the Inhumans.

I really like the Inhumans. Like just, everything about them.

I have to read Origin of the Inhumans and Inhumans yet.

I had a break between now and SDCC, so it was the perfect time for me to send off my sketchbooks for private commissions. My other book should be arriving soon. :]

As for what I use, I have two IDW Convention Sketchbooks (hardcover, 120 pages) that were previously SDCC '12 exclusives. I actually didn't pick one up until the following year at SDCC '13 at the IDW booth for only $20. By the time SDCC '14 rolled around, these books have become a bit scarce and hard to find. I managed to snag my second book off of ebay a month ago for only $15 shipped. It's still in stock at Amazon from third party sellers (for ~$35) and international sellers on ebay. If IDW has them again at their booth this year at SDCC, I'm picking up another to start a third book. XD
Oh yeah, I forgot they did those. I'll see if they have them at their booth, but not before i order another from amazon, be it the idw one or the brand I have now (canson I think?).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Since I didn't know anything about the comic, Lucifer looks cool to me

I'll save my outrage for the eventual Preacher trailer

:(

Edit: X-Factor #23-24, when the Isolationist shows up

105044-bad-boys-shit-just-got-real-gi-nMpT.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
X-Factor #25 is part of Messiah Complex (not even a tie in, an actual part of it, part 3), seems like a good place to take a break from it. Messiah Complex seems to be small enough (MU says 19 issues, including a few X-Men issues leading up to it) so I might read it on a weekend and then resume X-Factor

Tizoc

Sana Takeda. She's great.

Ah thanks!
Yo Messi read the comics she drew, she was the artist on a Jubilee & X-23 girly hijinks comic
http://www.comicvine.com/x-23/4050-35496/

Who wants a Starfire avatar? I felt like making one.

Edit:

JTOxOFG.png

I mean don't get me wrong, Slutfire was hot, but she was the worst iteration of the character, ugh.

Really great mini series over all.

Also went on imgur to upload that cover and saw an ivy groping harley quinn and mind went directly to messi

Wait is this that Beyond mini-series? Haven't read it in a long time.

Rhaknar

Since I dont know DC stuff I just Googled Slutfire. Idon'tknowwhatIexpected.gif

Where's that old webcomic mocking DC's treatment of Starfire by being blind to the appeal she could have had to girls who grew up with Teen Titans?

Rhaknar

C'mon man, "Slutfire?" I've seen this being used way too much and it's really uncalled for.

You've seen it used so much that Google knew what I was looking for :p

So is she some sexy alien that they went overboard with the sexy part in new52?

Don't need pictures by the way, let's not go there

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So I'm trying to make sure I get all the Star Wars comics (in canon) -- so far, I have Star Wars, Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Kanan: The Last Padawan -- what other ones are coming out soon? I just want to make sure they are added to my box in time. I don't think I'm missing anything right now.

So I'm trying to make sure I get all the Star Wars comics (in canon) -- so far, I have Star Wars, Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Kanan: The Last Padawan -- what other ones are coming out soon? I just want to make sure they are added to my box in time. I don't think I'm missing anything right now.

There's a Lando one coming. Not sure when, I don't look at solicits

Hey guys, so I've been in contact with our very own my name is ed on an idea/commission that I had. Although it was tempting to get some of that yaoi action in my book, I opted not to. A few PM exchanges, a quick visit to the post office, and two weeks later, voila!

The criteria I gave Ed was that it be a full body sketch of White Lantern Batman and the use of negative space. I said "you can do a black backdrop with the silhouette of a small bat or something else that you would see fit." When he showed me the pencils, I was pleasantly surprised to see that he had used Batman himself as the portion of the negative space I had requested (and not the bat). I was ecstatic. Even the bat turned out to something more than I expected. The details of the fur is amazing! Here's one satisfied customer. Thanks Ed!
Oh snap! Is this the debut of an all new all different surface? That's got to be a step up from the white counter. Damn, I'm honored :p

Damn, ed fucking killed it.

I may be hitting you up in the near future, ed.

Cool, just sent me a PM whenever. Remember all proceeds from my commissions go to the Save Our Comics from Kipp fund, so all commission money goes right back into comics. Or a home for me to live in!

Rhaknar

Deadpool kills Deadpool #1-4 was fun, and by far the best of the "Deadpool kills..." trilogy

Bloodember

Lando comes out in July.

Rhaknar

I'm pretty sure your joking. But its about Lando Calrissian, supposably when he was still a smuggler.

Duuuuuude...are you really explaining a Star Wars joke, on a comic book thread of all places :p

Rhaknar

Rhaknar I made that Doom avatar with love and care and you ain't even gonna use it?

Spongebob-Sweater-Of-Tears-Gif.gif

I'm at work and can't change on mobile (that I can find).

Few random books before I go home:

Nova #23 - Still enjoying this quite a bit, even if its a Axis tie-in. Nova fights Kluh who proceeds to basically destroy poor Sam, including breaking his arm and knocking him all the way to... Paris. Damn. Great art too, which is a theme on these next issues.

Nightcrawler #8 - Kurt's solo continues to be OK-ish at best (a bit like Storm's) and its something I wouldn't buy, but don't mind reading on MU. The x-men get involved sincw its the return of Shadow King, who I never liked as a villain. Good art at least.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 - shocked at how much I enjoyed this. Super fun read (it is a Dan Slott book afterall) with Peter adjusting to all the new things left over from SpOck. Speaking of, it really felt like I should read Superior first as I read the issue, wanted to read amazing to catch up to Spider Verse but I feel like I'm missing a lot. Also I love the art so fuck all of you for shitting on Ramos :(

Edit: also Kaine is in New Warriors aparently so I gotta read that book now in honor of Drayco

PsychBat!

Banned
Amazing Spider-Man #1 - shocked at how much I enjoyed this. Super fun read (it is a Dan Slott book afterall) with Peter adjusting to all the new things left over from SpOck. Speaking of, it really felt like I should read Superior first as I read the issue, wanted to read amazing to catch up to Spider Verse but I feel like I'm missing a lot.
You skipped Slott's last best Spidey story. Shame. Great shame on you.
Also I love the art so fuck all of you for shitting on Ramos :(
This reminds me of the time that I had to tell you that it wasn't Joe Mad drawing Guardians 3000 and I legit got pissed that I had to remind you for a third time that it wasn't Joe Mad. I don't know why I got reminded of that time.

Rhaknar

This reminds me of the time that I had to tell you that it wasn't Joe Mad drawing Guardians 3000 and I legit got pissed that I had to remind you for a third time that it wasn't Joe Mad. I don't know why I got reminded of that time.

Are you saying that it's not Ramos and it's the Guardians 3000 guy?

Edit: I checked and it's Ramos so I don't know why it remind you of my Joe Mad confusion

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Also somebody said that X factor investigations ended bad and it did.... Peter David decided to force that book to close some hanging storyline from his Hulk days about Demons and it ruined the book. I hope they at least reboot Strong Guy after SW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom