• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So...Hickman's Fantastic Four, good?

fucking excellent, a work of art, pure brilliance in comic form

Lol at Gerstmann throwing a spanner into the Witcher hype train. Too good.

i still don't get why so many kids care about one random person's opinion on a video game

I don't know, man--have you read Manhattan Projects?

i had to stop reading this. i'm gonna wait til it's all done and i'll circle back and finish it.

tim1138

I'm going to trade wait with that book. I don't think I can handle another Hackman comic that releases an issue once every three months.

Yeah that's my plan as well, I was just curious if they had even released any more issues. I don't remember seeing anything.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I like that Marvel has once again taken it upon themselves to drop massive spoilers in news outlets but printing the identity of the new Thor in the New York Times. Cause fuck our readers ammirite?

Thats why i have a hard time believing anything that they leak is accidental. Theyre trying to drive new people to comics against those who are already reading them.

Bii

Oh snap! Is this the debut of an all new all different surface? That's got to be a step up from the white counter. Damn, I'm honored :p

Might just be a one-shot. ;)

Just found out Chris Burnham is going to be a special guest at StocktonCon in August. I'm not sure if that means he'll do commissions but I hope so.

About to drop $170 on these books on Amazon.

wi8Ez1mwRcKGI.gif

lol I just dropped the $71 on the first one, RIP me

My IST order Is Out for delivery :)..I haven't ordered much lately.

HELLBOY LIBRARY ED VOL 2 CHAINED COFFIN & RIGHT HAND OF DOOM HC
INU YASHA VIZBIG ED GN VOL 04
IN THE SHADOW OF DRACULA SC NOVEL - Im excited for this, found out about the artist at C2E2, I got a nice sketch and some prints from him. Love his art.

With the amount I've been dropping on trades lately, those few dollars make a difference.

But yeah, I just bought vol 1 on Amazon.

Fair enough. At least Vol 2 on Amazon (with shipping) is cheaper than the list price on IST would have been. Personally, I can't wait until technology lets this stuff be made on-demand so you can always find them and also so we don't end up with harder to find trades costing as much as a new omni and omnis costing as much as a car payment.

Might just be a one-shot. ;)

Just found out Chris Burnham is going to be a special guest at StocktonCon in August. I'm not sure if that means he'll do commissions but I hope so.
Even if he doesn't, like at LBCC, he usually does $40 5 minute sketches, and they're pretty dang good. I've gotten two from him in the past, though I'm hoping for a commission next time

Borrowing doesn't result in a badass set of bookshelves, though. Well, at least not the kind of borrowing that involves returning stuff afterward. (I'm not the best anti-capitalist, obviously)

If a bookshelf is filled with comix or figurines it simply cannot be badass.
#cleandesign #whitewalls #ifitdontlooklikeahospitalwardimdoingitwrong

Borrowing? What are we, heathens?

We destroy the industry with this.
Ah, but we also save the environment!

Ah, but we also save the environment!

Damn you and your being reasonable and logical! Speaking seriously, I know that borrowing is how I should be doing things and it's not like I haven't gone through hundreds and hundreds of various library books in my life to make that clear to me. Having actual money has seemingly made me into part of the problem. Also the books still look awesome there. *coughs*

With apologies for the crappy Marvel Unlimited image quality...

6uO2E4p.jpg

Spider-Man dropping Vision truth bombs. Wanda married a robot.

"I was helping with the aliens a second ago..." LMAO.

Zombine

Banned
Damn you and your being reasonable and logical! Speaking seriously, I know that borrowing is how I should be doing things and it's not like I haven't gone through hundreds and hundreds of various library books in my life to make that clear to me. Having actual money has seemingly made me into part of the problem. Also the books still look awesome there. *coughs*

You're just part of the Baller's Club. Haters gonna hate.

They way some of us (Cheska, myself, Korrupt) have our things set up it looks incredibly nice, and it's confined to that area of the house. It looks great and it's a nice place to escape to.

Avengers Disassembled was really bad, but Tony Stark being magically drunk is hilarious

Threatens to vaporize a Latverian(?) representative in the U.N in the middle of his speech
Tells Hank Pym to go beat up his wife
Breaks down crying "BUT I HAVEN'T HAD A DRINK!!!"

You're just part of the Baller's Club. Haters gonna hate.

They way some of us (Cheska, myself) have our things set up it looks incredibly nice, and it's confined to that area of the house.

I have nothing on my friend's family. They have/had a room with some shelves of comic collections, others with massive game collections (board and video) going back decades, and like six entire tall bookcases utterly packed with figures and toys organized by source. The latter were utterly amazing. Somewhat less so now because two and four year-old nephews. The worst being when they started getting at the Gundam series figures, resulting in a large number of mobile suits now all missing an arm.

Zombine

Banned
I have nothing on my friend's family. They have/had a room with some shelves of comic collections, others with massive game collections (board and video) going back decades, and like six entire tall bookcases utterly packed with figures and toys organized by source. The latter were utterly amazing. Somewhat less so now because two and four year-old nephews. The worst being when they started getting at the Gundam series figures, resulting in a large number of mobile suits now all missing an arm.

Wow that sounds impressive! I think everyone should have a room dedicated to what they enjoy. It makes the rest of the house look great.

Bii

Kind of relieved and amazed I haven't had Thor spoiled for me yet. I just need to make it to 9:01 AM tomorrow. The one time I wish Thor was a DC book.

When I saw the spoiler, I said "who?" It took me a bit to figure out who it was. I'm not well versed with Thor at all, so yeah.

Even if he doesn't, like at LBCC, he usually does $40 5 minute sketches, and they're pretty dang good. I've gotten two from him in the past, though I'm hoping for a commission next time

That's good to hear; a bit steep but at least it's there if I want to get it. I plan on going to this year's LBCC (would be my first time going).

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i stopped buying trades and OHCs years ago, once i realized i'm gonna stay in NYC for as long as possible

once i decide to go die in the suburbs i'll go back to building up my library

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom