• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avengers Disassembled was really bad, but Tony Stark being magically drunk is hilarious

Threatens to vaporize a Latverian(?) representative in the U.N in the middle of his speech
Tells Hank Pym to go beat up his wife
Breaks down crying "BUT I HAVEN'T HAD A DRINK!!!"

I don't even know what to say. He is, quite literally, magically drunk in these issues.

Bendis gonna Bendis.

Mudcrab

I don't even know what to say. He is, quite literally, magically drunk in these issues.

Bendis gonna Bendis.

You should have seen people's reactions as Disassembled was coming out. Of course Wizard was telling everyone it was the greatest thing ever.

It was worth it for the initial New Avengers run though, that was an exciting time in comics.

Do I qualify for baller status? I've tried so hard.

If they let you in, eventually they'd have to let me in, and I'm broke most of the time. After I get my mic, that's me done spending money until the Steam Summer Sale.

Things are getting better now that I've got a jawb, but I don't think I'll ever buy masses of omnibuses.

My place is a mess of packaging for the last week since I got my PC, but I've got a half-day tomorrow so Imma clean the shit out of this place.

I see that SHIELD spin-off's been canned. I didn't think taking two of the most interesting characters out of the show and putting them in their own was a good idea.

If they let you in, eventually they'd have to let me in, and I'm broke most of the time. After I get my mic, that's me done spending money until the Steam Summer Sale.

Things are getting better now that I've got a jawb, but I don't think I'll ever buy masses of omnibuses.

My place is a mess of packaging for the last week since I got my PC, but I've got a half-day tomorrow so Imma clean the shit out of this place.

Darn, you had to remind me of how much of a happier woman I'd be today if, instead of spending way too much money on Steam games I'll never even install, I had spent it on comics I'll probably actually read.

Messi

Darn, you had to remind me of how much of a happier woman I'd be today if, instead of spending way too much money on Steam games I'll never even install, I had spent it on comics I'll probably actually read.

Welcome. I do not recognize the name are you new to comicgaf?

blackflag

I just got a surface pro 3....booted up a comic app........orgasm.

Holy crap this is the best thing for comics. I mean really too expensive if that's all it's for but woah.

manfestival

so I try every now and then to catch up on comics and some way shape or form. I started reading comics from extremis(since I was an ironman fan since I was a child). One thing I don't get is that since the inception, Tony Stark has increasingly been betrayed as a sort of bad good guy and worse than the usuall douche stark. Just read the first issue of superior Ironman and it seems to have gotten really really bad. Why the hate valve? Why are you doing this Gabe Newell?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
new plan everyone: we pool together our comics money, use it to fund the development of a bridge, travel to infinite universes stealing infinite comics from our multiverse selves

boom you're welcome

fauxtrot

Banned
Hickman's F4 continues to impress the hell out of me... got to #582 (I think?) last night and I love the Future Foundation kids as well as this time travel junk with Reed's
father
Young Doom
is so great. What issue do I switch over to the Future Foundation series? I think it's #588...

new plan everyone: we pool together our comics money, use it to fund the development of a bridge, travel to infinite universes stealing infinite comics from our multiverse selves

boom you're welcome

hlUkLVX.jpg

Bii

Good lawd! My car payment for a 2011 Chevy Cruze and Full Covergae insurance is $280.

geez you must be ballin...I'm paying $230 for a 2015 Kia Optima >_>

Not ballin'. Just got the car I want, basically fully loaded, no interest, no down payment for 60 months. Ended up being $33,000 OTD and my driving record is clean but my auto insurance is $140/month because it's considered a "sports" car. *sigh*

I just got a surface pro 3....booted up a comic app........orgasm.

Holy crap this is the best thing for comics. I mean really too expensive if that's all it's for but woah.

Reading comics on a tablet is good...until you have to start cleaning out the fridge.

boom you're welcome

I like where this is going...

Mudcrab

boom you're welcome

Maybe one of those universes has that Legion of Superheroes book Hackman has always wanted to write.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hickman's F4 continues to impress the hell out of me... got to #582 (I think?) last night and I love the Future Foundation kids as well as this time travel junk with Reed's
father
Young Doom
is so great. What issue do I switch over to the Future Foundation series? I think it's #588...

Do you know what happens in the end? The change in the rooster? If yes, read the spoiler:
In the Issue after Johnnys dead

fauxtrot

Banned
Do you know what happens in the end? The change in the rooster? If yes, read the spoiler:
In the Issue after Johnnys dead

I haven't read this run yet, so I'm not gonna read your spoiler... also, no roosters have been harmed (yet).

edit - While writing this post, I saw the spoiler. Damnit. No your fault, PROFF... that was my bad.

Welcome. I do not recognize the name are you new to comicgaf?

Thanks! And yes, I've only really taken note of it in the last couple weeks and that was basically just watching. I'll admit to probably not having quite the depth and breadth of knowledge that many people here have, but part of the reason for my being here is to work on that.

and if so do you like Harley Quinn?

Well, I mean, she's one of the many positive additions B:TAS made to the comic world.

Thanks! And yes, I've only really taken note of it in the last couple weeks and that was basically just watching. I'll admit to probably not having quite the depth and breadth of knowledge that many people here have, but part of the reason for my being here is to work on that.

Have you taken the online entrance exam yet?

Zombine

Banned

I just wanted to let you know that I have been here for over a year, and I don't know shit about comic books. I buy them and put them on my shelves.

Messi and I still judge comics by their covers. That's why I didn't read New Avengers/Avengers; the covers are ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom