• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comics are a grey area here, since they're counted as magazines which are taxable. I've had friends order stuff with mixed results. Most of the time I'd just rather order from Amazon UK anyway because of free delivery and they can find my house when many other companies can't (there is a house with the same address on the other side of town, we've had each other's mail many times), but the Euro is so shite against Sterling right now. Even the mic and the D&D book is gonna be like €180.

At least when I get that that mic we're totes gonna have a ComicGAF Podcast right, RIGHT?

ComicGAF podcast comin around the same time as Hawkeye 22 i imagine

Shit's about to go dooooooown.

GQ7eCze.png

The perils of physical comics 1027: I can't read my picture books right before I go to sleep because my room's light switch is too far away. I just bought a wi-fi switch to control it through my phone.

Squire

Banned
Hey Messi.
MESSI.
Why haven't you read any Sana Takeda comics yet mang, her work should be a cornerstone of comics collection.

Seriously. Her X-23 stuff is so good. Her Laura is beautiful.

I might check out Ms. Marvel for the art, after I get off this Avengers kick, haha.

Shit's about to go dooooooown.

Shiiiiiit. What issue is that, dude? I just wanna know when shit gets real.

Avengers #11 bring an homage to Ocean's 11 was the best thing ever, btw.

I gotta do EVERYTHING for your lazy bum don't I?

Also
marvelAT_web1.jpg

GURIHIRU SQUIRREL GIRL

I think this was an event that Marjorie Lui went to, too. She tweeted this last month and said she was there with Takeda.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
remind me why nobody knows Peter is Spiderman again?

like not even the Avengers?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
remind me why nobody knows Peter is Spiderman again?

like not even the Avengers?

he made a deal with the devil and traded his marriage to MJ (and their future daughter) and everyone magically forgot his identity

i think he saved aunt mays life too

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'll link to it in the Book Club #2: Stray Bullets OP

just as soon as filthy slug gets the book amirite
Got a 13 pound package being delivered this week, my dude. This shit is happening.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
he made a deal with the devil and traded his marriage to MJ (and their future daughter) and everyone forgot his identity

oooooh yeah, One More Day or something?

...that sounds awful >_<

Mary Janes shows up on Amazing #1 tho, so I guess she's still around

Messi

Rhaknar

One More Day a big event thing I assume, or just a one shot thing that I could easily read?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
oooooh yeah, One More Day or something?

...that sounds awful >_<

Mary Janes shows up on Amazing #1 tho, so I guess she's still around

i know, i would love to see pete grow a little older and maybe figure kids out. be a little like daredevil in that everyone "knows" who he is. hopefully the new marvel u will be made up of different bits of the lore, all smashed together.

Rhaknar

I was going to ask how the fuck is SpOck still a thing if Peter is back, but I guess I should just read Superior

Rhaknar

And I know we say that to like about 95% of events and crossovers but we're not kidding. I mean, holy shit.

the only even you guys all trash that I actually agree with is Axis :p

Even Civil War was more boring than outright bad imo

Spiderverse actually

huh? oh so its a alternate universe SpOck? not sure how I feel about that >_>

arkon

Has anyone ordered any comics from BookDepository and can ascertain the quality of their shipping?

The free international delivery is really tempting.

It's the same as Amazon's. I've not ordered anywhere near the same volume from then but I've only had one major issue which was a book arriving with a huge tear along the front cover and the first 10-20 pages. They asked for pictures and sent out a replacement free of charge once I'd emailed them through.

tim1138

i know, i would love to see pete grow a little older and maybe figure kids out. be a little like daredevil in that everyone "knows" who he is. hopefully the new marvel u will be made up of different bits of the lore, all smashed together.

You're in luck!

Imagine two pizzas: They're going to combine toppings, some toppings are going to drop off. And that is the Marvel Universe moving forward.

Fintan

time travel shenanigans and alternate spiders ahoy!

the event isn't bad. lots of stuff happens in the first and second acts of the event but the ending falls flat imo.
I really didn't like it. They spend the first act standing around in one place. They spend the next act standing around in a different place. Then the final bit is a really boring fight.

Peter does nothing the whole event, but supposedly shows himself to be some great leader.

The villains are dumb/uninteresting, with a load of crap about prophecies and scrolls.

I thought the SpOck Peter moments should've been way better too.

I thought it was a waste of an artist as good as Coipel even though he only did around 1/2 of the issues.

Rhaknar

I remember you all raving about Spider Verse as it was happening a few months ago. So...what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom