• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Of the comics I've read so far and not in any specific order:

1) Low
2) Invincible
3) Bitch Planet
4) Black Science
5) Paper Girls
6) Lazarus
7) Pretty Deadly
8) Fatale
9) Tokyo Ghost
10) Descender

Lazarus
Saga
Sex Criminals
Wayward
East of West
Manifest Destiny
The Fix
Shutter
Walking Dead
Invincible

Good calls on Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Wayward, The Fix, and The Walking Dead as well.

I could have easily done a top 20.

xstatix16.jpg

nYiPOZz.jpg

Karnak is proof positive that Ellis is in dire need of a very hard kick in the balls.
"Satan was just a story. I'm Karnak."
? Really? Fuck outta here with your Spider Knight Jerusalem asshattery, Warren.

I noticed From Hell is on sale on Comixology. Any thoughts on it?

I usualy like/love Alan's work.

Couldn't get through From Hell. Just couldn't. Neither the art nor the writing appealed to me. At all.

Would suggest reading a preview before going in.

no particular order

Bitch Planet
Manhattan Projects
Phonogram (haven't read v3 but Singles Club is so damn good)
Velvet
Rumble
Wolf
Southern Bastards
Deadly Class
Sex Criminals
Lazarus

no particular order

Bitch Planet
Manhattan Projects
Phonogram (haven't read v3 but Singles Club is so damn good)
Velvet
Rumble
Wolf
Southern Bastards
Deadly Class
Sex Criminals
Lazarus
How could I forget about Southern Bastards?

Image is too good

I also just picked up Trees. That kind of sci-fi is right up my alley

Messi

One day I will finish Fraction's run on Hawkeye but the artist changes and kate's roadtrip made me stop

Kate's bit is the best part of the book. Fuck all happens with Clint for ages. I nearly dropped it because of the Clint issues midway onwards.

TheFlow

Banned
Kate's bit is the best part of the book. Fuck all happens with Clint for ages. I nearly dropped it because of the Clint issues midway onwards.

Kate is a cool character, but I wanted to get back to my boy Clint. Madame Masque is one of my favs though so I was cool with her popping up.

george_us

Good calls on Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Wayward, The Fix, and The Walking Dead as well.

I could have easily done a top 20.
Not to mention there's a ton of stuff that I'm interested in getting down the road like Elephantmen, Revival, East of West, Deadly Class, Manhattan Projects and a lot more.

And shit I can't believe I forgot to add Saga on there. Honestly the only Image book I've read that I'm not crazy about is Shutter but I've only read the first TP so far.

Messi

Not to mention there's a ton of stuff that I'm interested in getting down the road like Elephantmen, Revival, East of West, Deadly Class, Manhattan Projects and a lot more.

And shit I can't believe I forgot to add Saga on there. Honestly the only Image book I've read that I'm not crazy about is Shutter but I've only read the first TP so far.

Shutter is incredible but if the first trade didn't hook you then I don't see the rest changing your mind.

Dead

well not really...yet
Stopped this by this new-ish comic book joint I noticed today, went in and they literally had nothing but Marvel trades and books. Was kinda grossed out. Not even a single bat book. Weird.

TheFlow

Banned
too early to put stuff like paper girls, monstress, and tokyo ghost in a list imo.

paper girls and tokyo ghost feel like they can go from good to bad withing 2 issues.

TheFlow

Banned
By the measure The Fix has even less of a reason to be there.

lol I haven't read the fix. I try not to buy new series till I tidy the backlog. I only judge what I read.

My series to start list:
black road

mirror

descender

drifter

wolf

southern bastard.

sons of the devil

outcast

wicked +booty

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Shutter is incredible but if the first trade didn't hook you then I don't see the rest changing your mind.

Yeah you are probably right Messi. Shutter stays pretty consistant all the way through unlike say Lazarus which starts off kind slow and gets better and better.

too early to put stuff like paper girls, monstress, and tokyo ghost in a list imo.

paper girls and tokyo ghost feel like they can go from good to bad withing 2 issues.

In general I agree but I made Monstress my exception because i feel like first issue was basically an arc unto itself. Which means it's essentially getting ready to finish its second arc.

TheFlow

Banned
Southern Bastards #1

Basically a mix "Walking Tall "Friday Night Lights" , and "Gran Torino" mixed together covered in gravy and served at an Small Local Alabama restaurant with a large sweat tea.

5/5.

Boogiepop

For what it's worth the first volume didn't really sell me, but by the second one it started to click, so it's not impossible at least. (Speaking of which I'm pretty sure I've had the third volume sitting in my backlog somewhere, so I should probably get to that some time...)

Edit: Also, I don't want to buy it, but... why does Comixology seem to have a Spider-verse sale right now where things are full price? Some sort of weird glitch or something?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hmm interesting,
Ultimate Thor's hammer
apparently makes it into the new 616 at the end of Thors #4, is that explored in the new Thor book?

TheFlow

Banned
Hmm interesting,
Ultimate Thor's hammer
apparently makes it into the new 616 at the end of Thors #4, is that explored in the new Thor book?

Ah That explains what Doom and Strange meant when he said powerful artifacts are slipping through their universe without no one noticing.

TheFlow

Banned
Deadly Class #20

This whole arc has been one crazy Battle Royal

but watching the betrayals happen was the worst. Not even friends are safe among friends.

Next week is the end of the arc and let's be honest someone's life.

Messi

Deadly Class #20

This whole arc has been one crazy Battle Royal

but watching the betrayals happen was the worst. Not even friends are safe among friends.

Next week is the end of the arc and let's be honest someone's life.

I haven't read this arc yet but if they kill
Saya or Willie
I might be done.

I want be done but I will be very upset.

Top Bottom