• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Messi

Excellent choice!

I read the first volume ages ago but found it interesting. Just decided to get it now as the second volume is coming out and you guys were so into it. I liked the main lady in what I read but everyone else seems like a complete scumbag.

Okay, this shit is getting too cute, now.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5KnQuA8.jpg[/IMG]

Every Tracer player ever. Doing anything but their job.

george_us

Thanks for reminding me of how empty my life feels without Overwatch. At least I have Doom to tide me over (which you all should buy).

Thanks for reminding me of how empty my life feels without Overwatch. At least I have Doom to tide me over (which you all should buy).

I just started it today. Finished the first two missions. I like how fast-paced this one is. And the hidden areas with original Doom graphics are lol.

mreddie

Tracer maybe bae but our waifu is Mei.

And Ross, you slay.

avengers13-15fullposteralexrosscmyk-182790.jpg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I read the first volume ages ago but found it interesting. Just decided to get it now as the second volume is coming out and you guys were so into it. I liked the main lady in what I read but everyone else seems like a complete scumbag

Second arc will give you some more people to root for and eventually a few of Forever's family will prove to be a little less scummy than previously thought.

TheFlow

Banned
I am going for the ps4 version but I have friends who are double dipping which is cray. Canceled my collectors edition since skins are unlock able in game and I don't care for the statue no matter how good the quality is

Also that one piece burning blood demo was fun. Way more fun than j stars already. The combat might be the most simplest thing to ever grace anime fighting and it is easy to spam but it is very accurate to the anime/manga. Will buy day one but I did cancel the limited edition version.

How long will they milk this series...

The Watchmen will continue to be published forever to screw Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. The original contract states the comic and characters revert back to the creators once the series goes out of print. Moore and Gibbons assumed that would happen a few years after publication.

That was thirty fucking years ago...

Messi

The Watchmen will continue to be published forever to screw Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. The original contract states the comic and characters revert back to the creators once the series goes out of print. Moore and Gibbons assumed that would happen a few years after publication.

Man...that is a raw deal.

It probably would have fell out of print if they didn't have to go and make one of the most significant, influential, greatest comics of the 20th century.

Way to go, ya dorks!

shingi70

Banned
How does the print clause work bow with digital. Technically the serious would still be in print digitally even if the physical copy ceased to exist,

DC strikes me as exactly that petty. Also see: Mogo.

Its like the X-Men movies will forever be Fox's as long as they make a new movie every 4 years. Doesnt matter how ass Apoclaypse is, its content! And its on screen! We got another four years to come up with something bet--, well it doesn't have to be better. Just anything, really.

Its like the X-Men movies will forever be Fox's as long as they make a new movie every 4 years. Doesnt matter how ass Apoclaypse is, its content! And its on screen! We got another four years to come up with something bet--, well it doesn't have to be better. Just anything, really.

Didn't Sony have a similar deal with Spider-Man before Marvel worked out a deal with them? I mean, Sony's method seemed to be to reboot it every other movie.

frye

Wonder Woman supposedly is the same deal -- if DC ever stops publishing then the Marston estate gets the rights to the character back, hence why there's always been and always going to be a Wonder Woman comic on the stands despite the comic never being a top seller compared to Batman or Superman

Messi

Wonder Woman supposedly is the same deal -- if DC ever stops publishing then the Marston estate gets the rights to the character back, hence why there's always been and always going to be a Wonder Woman comic on the stands despite the comic never being a top seller compared to Batman or Superman

Harley and Wonder Woman - Super buddies. Lets make this shit a top seller.

Four issues of Wonder Woman every year or Marston gets the rights back. At least that was the deal up through Crisis on Infinite Earth

Easy to get in the trinity when DC is legally required to promote you come hell or highwater!

Just finished X-Statix and I really loved it. Kinda like the postmodern superhero comic that I never knew I always wanted. It was silly but full of heart. Easily a top five Marvel run for me, my other choices being Miller Daredevil, Fraction Hawkeye, Remender X-Force, and maybe Superior Foes.

I will say that I think I preferred the X-Force part more, but the X-Statix stuff was still great and I loved how ridiculous it got.

That's a good 40 issues done this weekend, pretty good progress.

Just finished X-Statix and I really loved it. Kinda like the postmodern superhero comic that I never knew I always wanted. It was silly but full of heart. Easily a top five Marvel run for me, my other choices being Miller Daredevil, Fraction Hawkeye, Remender X-Force, and maybe Superior Foes.

I will say that I think I preferred the X-Force part more, but the X-Statix stuff was still great and I loved how ridiculous it got.

did you read Wolverine/Doop 2-parter that Milligan did with Cooke

WolverineDoop2-P18HG-1.jpg~original

and the 5-issue mini series by Milligan/Dragotta about Dead-Girl with Doc Strange and shit. Like they had to get Deadgirl back in the real world so they composed her together with meat

frye

Four issues of Wonder Woman every year or Marston gets the rights back. At least that was the deal up through Crisis on Infinite Earth

Easy to get in the trinity when DC is legally required to promote you come hell or highwater!

haha, yeah, in a weird way the deal seems to have ended up contributing to the idea of a 'trinity" more than anything else

its not immediately apparent but X-Statix loses something that the first part of the run had, though the last arc where they fight the Avengers is killer comics

Guy vs Iron Man!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ANAD MU update

Ultimates #1
Extraordinary X-Men #2
Sam Wilson Cap #3
Spidey 2099 #3
Spider Gwen #2
Web Warriors #1
Kanan #8
Mighty Thor #1
Deadpool #2
Uncanny Avengers #2

And a couple of SW tie ins

Thors #4
Squadron Sinister #4

Owzers

Just got back home from a physical.

No more eating like I usually do for a loooooooong time.

Also waiting for blood test results, which I hope ain't bad but I know it probably will be.

What if your blood test results say that you don't have any blood?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spawn
Wildcats
Savage Dragon
Youngblood
Cyberforce

...what? I only know 90s Image ;_;

What would you guys say are the top 10 Image books?

Current or all time? Going with current:

East of West
Saga
Lazarus
Southern Bastards
Low
Deadly Class
The Walking Dead
Rumble
The Fix
Velvet

edit: Yes this is in order of bestness. Had to make some brutal cuts to stick to ten. There are so many great Image books right now.

Rhaknar

I like the disclaimer on Sunstine as if thats supposed to dissuade people and not the complete opposite lol

"This book is about lesbian sex guys so dont go reading it ok?"

Messi

I like the disclaimer on Sunstine as if thats supposed to dissuade people and not the complete opposite lol

"This book is about lesbian sex guys so dont go reading it ok?"

Well I was accused of intentionally hiding what the book was about at one point (I didn't and wouldn't, but whatever)

Top Bottom