• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Owzers

I bought a lot of dumb books when i was younger so i just stopped buying books for the most part? Lesson learned. I liked the Song of Fire and Ice series a lot but that seems like a long time ago. The Lost World was great. That's a book.

Examples of younger me buying books:

Batman and Robin movie novelization.
Buffy books
a book based on the Halloween franchise.

Lots of mistakes.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
After I'm done with Superior Foes I think I'm going to dig into that giant diagram of cosmic Marvel.

Let my weeklies build up for a bit.

People hyping king too much plus it being an obscure title

It really has nothing to do with it being obscure or anything like that, it's a good book and it's well made and presented. If I wanted to like things for being obscure, I definitely wouldn't bring up Marvel or DC Comics.

Maybe it doesn't click with you, and that's fine! Alias has won Eisner awards and I don't think it's particularly good. I don't say people who love it overhype it or anything.

TheFlow

Banned
It really has nothing to do with it being obscure or anything like that, it's a good book and it's well made and presented. If I wanted to like things for being obscure, I definitely wouldn't bring up Marvel or DC Comics.

Maybe it doesn't click with you, and that's fine! Alias has won Eisner awards and I don't think it's particularly good. I don't say people who love it overhype it or anything.
I think vision is top tier though o_O and lol marvel and DC can obscure/niche titles.

Edit: I think it is a great book and this coming from a guy who didn't even wanna read it because "lol vision in 2016"

frye

How long will they milk this series...

THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS COLLECTOR’S EDITION BOX SET
Written by FRANK MILLLER
Art by FRANK MILLER and KLAUS JANSON
Cover by FRANK MILLER
The anniversary celebration of Frank Miller’s epic interpretation of the Dark Knight’s future continues with this new slipcase edition at DC’s Deluxe Edition trim size that reprints each issue of the original DARK KNIGHT RETURNS miniseries in its own hardcover volume, all in a beautifully designed slipcase. It is ten years after an aging Batman has retired, and Gotham City has sunk into decadence and lawlessness. Now, as his city needs him most, the Dark Knight returns in a blaze of glory. Joined by Carrie Kelly, a teenaged Robin, Batman takes to the streets to end the threat of the mutant gangs that have overrun the city. And after facing off against The Joker and Two-Face for the final time, Batman finds himself in mortal combat with his former ally, Superman, in a battle that only one will survive.
On sale NOVEMBER 2 • Four 48-page books, FC, 7.0625" x 10.875", $49.99 US

hmm

Nah this time it was a mosh pit that no one would let me out of. Fuckers got me in there for like three songs.

Same. I feel like a child when I say that, though

Eh, you like what you like. I can't stand most "classic" literature. Hemingway was too fucking emo.

IDW Pricing lol

What are they up to now? $20 for a 4-issue tpb?

That sucks to hear, the Abnett/Lanning cosmic Marvel run was amazing. I actually just ordered the GotG omnibus a few minutes ago.

Good call. The Abnett / Lanning GotG was set in the golden age of Cosmic Marvel. It hasn't been that good in a long time.

Messi

Today I bought:

Daredevil OHC vol 2 - Waid and Samnee
Lazarus OHC vol 1 - Rucka and Lark
Fatale OHC vol 1 - Brubaker and Philips

I got Lazarus with thanks to Kipp who gave me a gift card on amazon for my birthday. Which was really nice of him :)

Excited to dig in. Really excited to read more Daredevil as I have only read the first volume.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
LW TV show looks terrible

Please stop making my favourite film franchises into terrible tv shows, please

Messi

Juan Ferreyra Suicide Squad: War Crimes #1 cover. Didn't take long for Suicide Squad to find Harley again after the earlier announcements

CinPAXZVAAE9bv7.jpg

Kipp is the best of us. Even if he does buy too many monsterarts.

Doesn't the second Lazarus OHC come out this week?

I believe so.

Real Talk, Kipp is such a nice dude.

PsychBat!

Banned
Just got back home from a physical.

No more eating like I usually do for a loooooooong time.

Also waiting for blood test results, which I hope ain't bad but I know it probably will be.

Vic_Viper

Anyone know if there is/ where to find a hardcover complete collection for Fraction/Brubaker's iron fist run? Or even his Cap run? Looking for Vol. 1 of each but all I've been able to find is a paperback version http://www.amazon.com/Immortal-Iron-Fist-Complete-Collection/dp/0785185429

Want something like this Secret Warriors ohc so I don't have to buy a bunch of trades now that the Omnis are oop: http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Warriors-Complete-Collection-1/dp/078519763X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1463440926&sr=1-1&keywords=secret+warriors

TheFlow

Banned
Anyone know if there is a hardcover complete collection for Fraction/Brubaker's iron fist run? Or even his Cap run? Looking for Vol. 1 of each but all I've been able to find is a paperback version http://www.amazon.com/Immortal-Iron-Fist-Complete-Collection/dp/0785185429

Want something like this Secret Warriors ohc so I don't have to buy a bunch of trades now that the Omnis are oop: http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Warriors-Complete-Collection-1/dp/078519763X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1463440926&sr=1-1&keywords=secret+warriors
If you don't mind going on eBay you can find them otherwise tp it is.

Or you can wait for a reprinting when the new show comes out but highly unlike since alias couldn't even get a reprint

Anyone know if there is a hardcover complete collection for Fraction/Brubaker's iron fist run? Or even his Cap run? Looking for Vol. 1 of each but all I've been able to find is a paperback version http://www.amazon.com/Immortal-Iron-Fist-Complete-Collection/dp/0785185429

Yeah, the Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus!

...for $170 dollars Kappa

(I bought mine for $47 back in 2009)

Zombine

Banned
110% sure it'll get a reprint.

They're going through all the X-Stuff. I'm expecting X-Force to get a reprint by spring '17.

Messi

If you don't mind going on eBay you can find them otherwise tp it is.

Or you can wait for a reprinting when the new show comes out but highly unlike since alias couldn't even get a reprint

Wait...Alias omni did get a reprint in the past year, no?

TheFlow

Banned
Wait...Alias omni did get a reprint in the past year, no?
It did? I am positive the hc was always on sale and when the show came on it just went out of print.

Are you guys forreal? Because I just checked not to long ago and it is out of print

george_us

Good call. The Abnett / Lanning GotG was set in the golden age of Cosmic Marvel. It hasn't been that good in a long time.
I stopped at Thanos Imperative since I heard Annihilators was pretty mediocre compared to everything before it. I checked out Infinity but that was kind of 'meh' outside of the awesome fight scenes.

Top Bottom