• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Messi

How about we get an Art of War statue for Sejics Wonder Woman while we are at it.

CiUW9xLWwAAuLCH.jpg

Messi

STOP THE PRESSES ELSA BLOODSTONE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFORCE2016008-cov-9ff74.jpg

A-FORCE #8
KELLY THOMPSON (W) • Paulo Siqueira (A/C)
BLACK PANTHER VARIANT COVER BY RAHZZAH
CIVIL WAR II TIE-IN!
NEW SERIES ARTIST PAULO SIQUEIRA STARTS HERE!
• Civil War has come to A-FORCE! As the team is wrecked by a personal tragedy things only get worse when a predictive vision proclaims one of A-FORCE is a murderer. CAPTAIN MARVEL attempts an arrest, creating a rift that may very well mean the end of the team, and setting in motion a chain of devastating events that affect far more than just A-FORCE. Meanwhile foul-mouthed, gun-toting ELSA BLOODSTONE just unofficially joined A-Force. Looks like we're gonna need a bigger boat...and a verrrrry big black censor bar.

Also Ben Caldwell replaced as series artist after 3 issues lol

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
just read fcbd civil war prelude

Is
rhodey
dead and since when have him and captain marvel been together?

Mifune

Mehmber
Thanks for the Shutter recommendations, everyone. I read the first arc and loved it completely. Reminds me of Saga in its mix of insane creatures, ski-fi wackiness, and interpersonal drama. It's also refreshing to read a comic that isn't so self-consciously edgy. There's disturbing violence here but the tone remains light and frothy.

Spider-Gwen is spending so much time in 616, its almost pointless that she has their own universe

Wonder if they could just make some kind of switch and bring her to 616 full time but still throw a character over there to still get that universe if it's something they'd even want.

Best part of Marvel solicits! Best part of Marvel!

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #11

RYAN NORTH (W) • ERICA HENDERSON (A/C)

• This special one-off issue promises two amazing things: SUPER HEROICS and COMPUTER SCIENCE.
• Yes! By the end of this issue, you will know both how Squirrel Girl can take down COUNT NEFARIA and also a few really fundamental concepts in computer science!
• Have we found a way to express CS concepts through the medium of super hero fights? YOU’LL HAVE TO ORDER THE ISSUE TO FIND OUT!
• But yeah, we totally did.
• Featuring all the greatest Squirrel Girl tropes you love! Including fights, jokes and COLD, HARD LOGIC.
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL BEATS UP THE MARVEL UNIVERSE OGN-HC

Written by RYAN NORTH
Penciled by ERICA HENDERSON
Cover by ERICA HENDERSON

Proof that we’re living in the best of all possible worlds: Marvel is publishing a Squirrel Girl graphic novel! It’s a standalone adventure that’s great for both old fans and new readers! It’s a story so huge it demanded an original graphic novel! It’s a story so nuts it incorporates both senses of that word (insanity and squirrel food)! And it’s the best! Squirrel Girl kicks butts, eats nuts, talks to squirrels and also punches really well. She has defeated Thanos, Galactus and Doctor Doom (twice!). But now she’ll encounter her most dangerous, most powerful, most unbeatable enemy yet: herself! Specifically, an evil duplicate made possible through mad science (both computer and regular) as well as some bad decisions. In other words, Squirrel Girl beats up the Marvel Universe! YES!
120 PGS./Rated T …$24.99

ISBN: 978-1-302-90303-9
Trim size: standard

That OGN is a little expensive though...

And good news everyone! The Black Panther trade is $17 but now also includes FF #52 from 1961! So much more reasonable than we first thought. -_-

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Why the fucking hell is that OGN not oversized despite them having a dedicated OGN line that is oversized? Seems like they killed it of :(

Owzers

Good book, just not #1 good.

This is like Trump winning the presidency, there were not enough comic gaffers who came out against Harley #1 when it was needed.

Also, Squirrel Girl OGN not being oversized is probably a pre-order-deal-breaker.

mreddie

ANAD Avengers Annual sounds amazing

• You’ve dreamed of it, you’ve asked for it, you’ve longed for it – and now, you’re going to GET it! No Avenger is safe from – the fan fiction of Kamala Khan! Featuring a bevy of special guest creators!

Messi

New Margurite Bennet joint

ANIMOSITY_01_72dpi.jpg

Animosity

(W) Marguerite Bennett

(A/CA) Rafael de Latore

One day, the Animals woke up.
They started thinking. They started talking.
They started taking revenge.

Now, a dog and his girl are trying to get away–out of New York City, and all the way to San Francisco, to the only person who might be able to protect and save her.

From the writer of INSEXTS A-FORCE, and BOMBSHELLS and the artist of SUPERZERO, comes a new kind of road trip, a new kind of black comedy, and a new kind of coming-of-age.

Rating: 15+

ANAD Avengers Annual sounds amazing

Isn't she someone who writes tumblr fiction? if so...totally in.

Vic_Viper

Does Anniahlation Conquest take place before DNA's GoTG book or is it during? I know Thanos Imperitive is at the end. Been awhile since I've read them and was confused as to where to start again.

Also that AN Wolverine cover looks soo hot. Is Gwen going to be in it or just on the cover art? Love Laura as Wolverine. Hope they bring her into the movies after Wolverine 3/old man Logan. They need to bring Laura into Extrordinary X-men soon, I hate her X book. Her solo has been pretty good though.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1302902288/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Does Anniahlation Conquest take place before DNA's GoTG book or is it during? I know Thanos Imperitive is at the end. Been awhile since I've read them and was confused as to where to start again.

Also that AN Wolverine cover looks soo hot. Is Gwen going to be in it or just on the cover art? Love Laura as Wolverine. Hope they bring her into the movies after Wolverine 3/old man Logan. They need to bring Laura into Extrordinary X-men soon, I hate her X book. Her solo has been pretty good though.

Conquest #1-#6 takes place before DnA GOTG #1-#25. But Annihilation Conquest Star-Lord is the first appearance of the new team.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
started reading Kevin Smith's Daredevil on MU

two issues in, Matt Murdock throws a baby off a roof and Karen Page shows up crying about having AIDS

nah, Kev, I'm good

just gonna be over here reading that Jenkins Inhumans series instead

Top Bottom