• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

mreddie

giphy.gif

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

Basically me to Messi,

LOOK AT FORD'S ART, LOOK AT IT

51ZsyFl.gif

Messi

Image Solicits list:

Saga returns last day of August

Switch is now listed as #7 of 7 and says End of Mini series :( (Sejic did say Switch is included in his change to doing graphic novels tho)

Daredevil Annual solicit YASSSSSS

DAREDEVIL ANNUAL #1
CHARLES SOULE & ROGER McKENZIE (W) • VANESA R. DEL REY (A/C)
YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
VARIANT COVER BY ROGER McKENZIE
• Do you hear that?
It sounds like an Echo...

Man they are putting out a lot of annuals in August...

Messi

OMG BOUGHT!! yessssss.

COLLECTING: DEADPOOL (2012) 1-45, DEADPOOL: DRACULA'S GAUNTLET 1-7, DEATH OF WOLVERINE: DEADPOOL & CAPTAIN AMERICA 1

fuck yes. Now Marvel this is how you do an omnibus. at a great a price.but there gotta be a catch. price is too good for how much you get. Glue binding maybe? gutter loss?

The catch is that it is a Deadpool book :p

I love that series btw and its still going.

IST will beat that price on week one btw. It will be $50

TheFlow

Banned
The catch is that it is a Deadpool book :p

I love that series btw and its still going.

IST will beat that price on week one btw. It will be $50

of course all the way IST is my go to. I read nothing but great things about Deadpool's solo series.

Messi

I half wonder if she already is...

I missed this. But man...that would be something else. That would be fucking amazing.

Wicked Div has been fire since the return.

--

The Paper Girls cover for #7 is amazing. This series has such unique covers. Cliff Chiang is a beast.

where can I view the image solicits. can't find it on their site.

You have to buy it for free

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/image-comics-solicitations-for-august-2016

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Sure, but man that story is heavy. They don't play it for laughs at all. There are parts in it where I felt truly sorry for Wade.

Yup
Can I buy it without to worry when my only positive exposure to Wade was the movie and the last couple of Minis? For this price its a nobrainer but I am worried since I normally really get annoyed by Wade?

Messi

Can I buy it without to worry when my only positive exposure to Wade was the movie and the last couple of Minis? For this price its a nobrainer but I am worried since I normally really get annoyed by Wade?

Its a Deadpool book that occasionally takes itself very seriously and then at other times is quite silly. Its a well written Deadpool book. But if you don't like deadpool then I don't know man.

The arc that just ended in the current run was really good and was serious and funny in equal measure.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Its a Deadpool book that occasionally takes itself very seriously and then at other times is quite silly. Its a well written Deadpool book. But if you don't like deadpool then I don't know man.

The arc that just ended in the current run was really good and was serious and funny in equal measure.
Maybe I will preorder it and forget about ordering it. I dunno :D

This is what I have been saying. No cape for combat, and cape for everything else.

makes it look legit

You know whats weird though? In his solo book Wakanda is going through some shit now but here in this panel everything is all cool. The king is in his throne chillin.

TheFlow

Banned
You know whats weird though? In his solo book Wakanda is going through some shit now but here in this panel everything is all cool. The king is in his throne chillin.

yea I need to know the time of events for ultimates and black panther. Then again it is plausible that only a week or less has gone by in Ultimates considering everything happens back to back.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I mean, why not? I only have read the first issue but it doesnt appear that he doesnt has time to meet a old friend ceremonially

MG310

Hmm...looks like DC is re-releasing the Adam Hughes Cover Girls Wonder Woman as a "Designer Series" statue..looks like the only difference is the paint on the base logo.

Now do Catwoman, Zatanna, Canary, and Harley.

TheFlow

Banned
Snotgirl is definitely a must buy for me

Also Paper girls might have a weird story that makes no sense but those covers are some of the best I have seen this year.

#8 is great.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Snotgirl is definitely a must buy for me

Also Paper girls might have a weird story that makes no sense but those covers are some of the best I have seen this year.

#8 is great.

I can't get into Paper Girls at all. Read the first five, but not for me

Mockingbird, Spidey 2099 and even Black Widow are tying in to CW2.
Well that sucks, I was hoping Mockingbird would be spared but I guess not. I feel like everything I read is getting pulled into this and I don't want it.
Best part of Marvel solicits! Best part of Marvel!

That OGN is a little expensive though...

And good news everyone! The Black Panther trade is $17 but now also includes FF #52 from 1961! So much more reasonable than we first thought. -_-
Those solicits are great. Really looking forward to the OGN.

Levito

Banned
Total comics noob here, after a lot of persuasion from friends I subbed to Marvel Unlimited. I wanna get into Spider-Gwen and MockingBird.

(And I think TR really wants me to read Hawkeye)

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Total comics noob here, after a lot of persuasion from friends I subbed to Marvel Unlimited. I wanna get into Spider-Gwen and MockingBird.

Welcome. MU is a great place to start. Depending on what you like you can get some good recommendations, but I'd say just pick a character you find interesting and dig into their stuff and go from there.

Hawkeye rules man. It's incredibly accessible and it's just a GOOD comic. Art is great and the writing and characters are really fun and down to earth. Plus it's completely standalone and finished so you've got a solid ending.

Mockingbird is really good too. Check out the one shot on MU, I think it's called SHIELD 50th Anniversary: Mockingbird or something. The new series (not on MU yet) has the same writer and continues a similar tone.

Spider Gwen is ok. Her costume is great but the comic just kind of stays just ok. It's a cool alt take on the standard Marvel universe though. I stopped reading it myself.

Were there any characters you were really interested in? Or just kind of anything?

mreddie

Well that sucks, I was hoping Mockingbird would be spared but I guess not. I feel like everything I read is getting pulled into this and I don't want it.

Some of them don't sound like tie ins or the event is in the back but still apart from the insanity like Waid's DD or Punisher War Journal or Moon Knight.

Definitely read Hawkeye. Not the Lemire run tho, that's bad. You want Fraction/Aja

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Welcome!

I'd definitely recommend the Fraction Hawkeye run, its very good.

MU is brilliant, like others have said, you can just pick a character and go with it

Levito

Banned
Were there any characters you were really interested in? Or just kind of anything?

I really like Spider-Gwen's costume haha, that's the main reason I wanna read it.

As for characters, I guess I'll be boring and say Spider-man, I read alot of Spider-man comics growing up. I'm kind of intimidated by comics that have like giant backlogs I'd have to read. But really anything you'd all recommend would be welcome.

Are Marvel's Star Wars comics good?

Top Bottom