• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Ok here's a question:

What e-reader would you all recommend for reading comics? I really don't want to spend a ton of money, I just want something bigger than my phone.

Kindle and Nook are about equal, though the Samsung Nooks are actually Galaxy Tabs with Nook software preloaded. Other than that they're still fully functional Galaxy Tabs.

arkon

I've used a 720p tablet (768p to be exact), and I'll say the experience isn't too hot. At full-page view, text is noticeable blurry, and small point fonts are actually illegible. (Panel view is OK). I'd say 1080p or so is the lowest acceptable resolution for comics reading.

My current tablet has a 7" 1200p screen; the resolution is great but the size is a little small. Next tablet I buy will have a 9 to 10 inch screen for sure.

Yeah. Fair enough. I didn't have too many issues with my old ipad 2 but then it's been a while since I used it so I might be misremembering.

xptoxyz

Basically, Morgan Lefay showed up and rose Atlantis from the see, because it's apparently the true Avalon a.k.a. Camelot's Magic Paradise. This did fuck over Namor, who at the time was trying to stop it. The Inhumans tried to claim Atlantis, because it's apparently their ancestral home.

If you want to know the details, read Fantastic Four/Inhumans: Atlantis Rising.

Okay thanks for the bits of info.
Namor ended up showing in a panel in #4, narrated to laying claim to the island.

I'll maybe check out if Atlantis Rising is on Unlimited (not sure it is). So do Namor (and other Atlanteans) normally live in a different city? Like "new atlantis" or is it on that land mass and just not seen in the Inhumans comic. Because, when shown, the landmass looks like a rocky mess, other than ancient ruins and Attilan.

Rafa Albuquerque's Batman Rebirth variant:

upload-5-b0b3a.jpg

A hint of what Rebirth Joker will look like? He's missing the Damaged tattoo.

Okay thanks for the bits of info.
Namor ended up showing in a panel in #4, narrated to laying claim to the island.

I'll maybe check out if Atlantis Rising is on Unlimited (not sure it is). So do Namor (and other Atlanteans) normally live in a different city? Like "new atlantis" or is it on that land mass and just not seen in the Inhumans comic. Because, when shown, the landmass looks like a rocky mess, other than ancient ruins and Attilan.
Atlantis Rising is okay. I honestly don't remember a lot of the stuff that happens. It was a bit of a clusterfuck.

Kate Leth:

So Vampirella is done, huh?

What is the other book, Hellcat?

She says a series we won't see until October, so it's something not started.

As for Vampirella and Dynamite, just trying to put together the fact that I've seen both Bennett and herself in the past complaining about a job and that both seem to be leaving in the near to medium term, along with the fact that neither really seem to promote their Dynamite projects much, makes me wonder if they've had a bad experience. It's also possible I'm reading waaaaaaay too much into things or reading things very wrongly.

mreddie

But this art, MAH GAWD

572a649fe3617.jpg

Maybe it needs a better writer.

Also, everyone is freaking out about the guy replacing Caldwell for A-Force...

476c9cb52cba093beb41d46f02f8727b.jpg

Ahhh, that's why.

I thought you people loved Hellcat

If you like the art but hate the writing, considering reading Goldie Vance by the same artist! #2 came out today.

She says a series we won't see until October, so it's something not started.

As for Vampirella and Dynamite, just trying to put together the fact that I've seen both Bennett and herself in the past complaining about a job and that both seem to be leaving in the near to medium term, along with the fact that neither really seem to promote their Dynamite projects much, makes me wonder if they've had a bad experience. It's also possible I'm reading waaaaaaay too much into things or reading things very wrongly.

All those "pay rates in comics" articles that pop up every 9 months seem to rank Dynamite on the lower end

Messi

I thought you people loved Hellcat

If you like the art but hate the writing, considering reading Goldie Vance by the same artist! #2 came out today.

All those "pay rates in comics" articles that pop up every 9 months seem to rank Dynamite on the lower end

I love the art. The writing isn't bad its just kind of meh.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There should have been a Frontline Mini for Civil War II.
Whats up to the Bugle these days? Jonah still at Fox News ranting about Spidey and Silk? And what is Bill Urich doing?

Messi

There should have been a Frontline Mini for Civil War II.
Whats up to the Bugle these days? Jonah still at Fox News ranting about Spidey and Silk? And what is Bill Urich doing?

He is working for the fact channel and he is very fond of Silk. Quite the opposite of show he deals with Spidey.

Hellcat (what I read of it) was like cotton candy. Pretty, kinda tasty, but not at all filling. It's cute for cute's sake, but mediocre as all get out.

For the two other people who care, Renae de Liz announced that DC gave her the go ahead for volume 2 of Legend of Wonder Woman.

Fucking YES

Rafa Albuquerque's Batman Rebirth variant:

A hint of what Rebirth Joker will look like? He's missing the Damaged tattoo.

I can dig it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Happy new Manifest Destiny Day!

WOOOOO!!!!!!!

He did this cover which imo is perfectly fine

Yeah it works for me.

Most of his stuff that came up from a Google search looks fine to me. His faces tend to look a little too much alike but I can live with that.

Top Bottom