• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Doesn't seem like it. He has silently slipped away.

Hopefully to work on a secret Runaways reboot.
Thats awful, his art was amazing.

Last Days of Ms. Marvel is amazing, could have been a great ending point.
What a luck that it continues.
Everything is perfect, the one moment where Bruno almosh confesses to Khamala, Aamir is redeemed for me, the talk between Khamala and her mother.
Its amazing, really love it.

Edit: Oh god man, the end of the book is amazing.

Cant wait for the new Volume.

Messi

Thats awful, his art was amazing.

Last Days of Ms. Marvel is amazing, could have been a great ending point.
What a luck that it continues.
Everything is perfect, the one moment where Bruno almosh confesses to Khamala, Aamir is redeemed for me, the talk between Khamala and her mother.
Its amazing, really love it.

Edit: Oh god man, the end of the book is amazing.

Cant wait for the new Volume.

The new artist is still good.

As for Vampirella and Dynamite, just trying to put together the fact that I've seen both Bennett and herself in the past complaining about a job and that both seem to be leaving in the near to medium term, along with the fact that neither really seem to promote their Dynamite projects much, makes me wonder if they've had a bad experience. It's also possible I'm reading waaaaaaay too much into things or reading things very wrongly.

Real talk, Dynamite is some seriously mediocre comics. I think Simone Red Sonja was probably the best thing I've ever read from them.

Ah you one those people that wait for the volume releases like a mad man.

As someone that only more recently got more in to comics, it's weird to me that anyone would want to buy overpriced flimsy single issues of a comic book.

I bought all of the mass effect issues when they were a thing. Then I got into Saga with trade paper backs and decided to never buy issues. The tpbs are so much nicer and sit on my shelf much nicer.

Reading issues can also feel like watching 10 minutes of a movie each month :p

Real talk, Dynamite is some seriously mediocre comics. I think Simone Red Sonja was probably the best thing I've ever read from them.

Well, I was talking about the working experience since I have minimal exposure to all their licensed properties to judge them. Granted, it's not impossible for a bad working experience to result in mediocre results.

Well, I was talking about the working experience since I have minimal exposure to all their licensed properties to judge them. Granted, it's not impossible for a bad working experience to result in mediocre results.

Dynamite has always been more about the boobs than the stories. The vast majority of what I've read from them was the kind of book that you don't really want to keep reading because it feels like a chore. The kind of book that focuses on the same kind of "plot" that a lot of anime and manga series do.

I bought all of the mass effect issues when they were a thing. Then I got into Saga with trade paper backs and decided to never buy issues. The tpbs are so much nicer and sit on my shelf much nicer.

We all digital in here (except for a few people trying to hold back the tide of progress). No silly floppies for us. I got really tired of having to sort them into comic boxes every week. Digital is so much better. Still get to read everything day one, but I don't have to go to the comic shop to buy them and there's nothing to clean up when I'm done reading.

I get closer and closer to dropping ongoings entirely in favor of trades and collections every month. My problem is that I'm incredibly impatient.

Messi

Has he done other Cape books you can recommend? Want to see more from him^^

Here is the Ms Marvel art. Some of the art is in Vol 1 of the series.

MSMARV2014013002-col-ed937.jpg

Nico Leone is the other artist right now. I also like his work.

Dalek

Civil War 0 was actually surprisingly decent. Looking forward to this. It's a shame we know how the FCBD issue turns out because
Rhodey's storyline seems interesting.

We all digital in here (except for a few people trying to hold back the tide of progress). No silly floppies for us. I got really tired of having to sort them into comic boxes every week. Digital is so much better. Still get to read everything day one, but I don't have to go to the comic shop to buy them and there's nothing to clean up when I'm done reading.

I'm moving in that direction too.
I had enough digital buys from $1 issue sales and bundles that I invested in a galaxy tab s2 9.5".

Good experience so far, except bundle cbz files sometimes split 2-page spreads across the wrong 2 pages so i can't view them together on comic rack. That and the groupees bundle i just got only has epub and pdf for some titles. Those don't seem to work well.

TheFlow

Banned
As someone that only more recently got more in to comics, it's weird to me that anyone would want to buy overpriced flimsy single issues of a comic book.

Reading issues can also feel like watching 10 minutes of a movie each month :p
Nah I am digital man but he is buying volumes of the mha manga.

Sandfox

Fear Itself is so bad they not even released a OHC.

Remember how they kille Bucky just to bring him right back? xD

To be fair they did that to both set up his ongoing and make Steve Captain America again lol

I don't remember that event too well though and I have no desire to read it again.

Dynamite has always been more about the boobs than the stories. The vast majority of what I've read from them was the kind of book that you don't really want to keep reading because it feels like a chore. The kind of book that focuses on the same kind of "plot" that a lot of anime and manga series do.

Ah ha. So basically Simone (And some of the people she brought in) have been the major exception.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Evan Narcisse at io9 gets one of my major problems with Power Man and Iron Fist

The New Power Man and Iron Fist Comic is Using Jessica Jones All Wrong.

In 2016 PM/IF, Jessica feels like a killjoy. A nag. I understand what writer David Walker is doing in this version of PM/IF. In his set-up, Luke is the chilled-out family man with responsibilities that draw boundaries around his life and Danny’s the old friend who wants his buddy to come out and party, superhero style. It’s a reliable sitcom template, if a little rote.

The series’ first arc just ended and there’s plenty of time to tweak Jessica Jones’ characterization as time goes on. (She’ll likely be getting her own series again, too.) This is an easy problem to fix. I love this series and all three of these characters. I just want it to feel like they all love each other.

Top Bottom