• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

I'm waiting for that to pop up on comixology but I read some spoilers for it so yeah
the Rhodey stuff is a bit funny now I know that after he gets offered the job of a lifetime he's fridged by a machine gun wielding Thanos.

Coipel draws a really nice Carol, liked the little touch of having her collar unbuttoned.

Marvel stuff is always up at 3 AM EST. Just click the "New" tab.

Hagi

Marvel stuff is always up at 3 AM EST. Just click the "New" tab.

Oh yeah I got all the books I wanted earlier it's just the FCBD issue i was looking for. Some of the FCBD stuff is up just not the Marvel stuff.

So what tablets does everyone use to read comics on?

This was the one I was thinking of getting and it seems to be good expect the resolution isn't the best it could be.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/SM-T350NZAAXAR

any sugestions.

I've been using a Nexus for a while and its done me good.

VanWinkle

So what tablets does everyone use to read comics on?

This was the one I was thinking of getting and it seems to be good expect the resolution isn't the best it could be.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/SM-T350NZAAXAR

any sugestions.

If I read digitally, it's on my Galaxy Tab S 8.4. I mean, the screen QUALITY is incredible. Best I've ever seen. But it's just too small for me. I don't enjoy it much. I'm the kind of person that loves reading on oversized hardcovers, so when I read on the tablet that's not even nearly as big as a trade paperback, it bums me out.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What was once again the name of that one Comicpodcast that covers almost every existing topic and goes on and on and on for a couple of hours every time?

Edit: Talking Comics it was!

Wow! This is a great cover. (Vision 10).

G0PKuGe.jpg

If I read digitally, it's on my Galaxy Tab S 8.4. I mean, the screen QUALITY is incredible. Best I've ever seen. But it's just too small for me. I don't enjoy it much. I'm the kind of person that loves reading on oversized hardcovers, so when I read on the tablet that's not even nearly as big as a trade paperback, it bums me out.
I just got a miix 700 so I could draw anywhere and tested it out real quick for comixology. A 12" screen is *nice* ohc everything haha

Is it good? I'm only really interested in Hank being back but it'd be nice if the book was good as well.

All-New Wolverine continues to be my favourite ongoing, so much fun.

I like Duggan's stuff a lot so I like it.

And yeah. Wolverine is so great. Hope Lopez comes back soon tho.

arkon

Said it before but any tablet from the last few years supporting resolutions of 720p or higher will be enough to take advantage of the hd stuff on comixology and in turn will be good enough for most anything else

I use a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and it's served me well.

Messi

Woah

samneedaredevil-AE-cover-c9d1e.jpg

Chris Samnee's Daredevil: Artist's Edition HC -- SPOTLIGHT
Mark Waid (w) • Chris Samnee (a & c)

IDW Publishing launched the very first Artist's Edition in 2010. It was a bold concept that to date has garnered five consecutive Eisner Awards in the category of Best Archival Project. With the release of Chris Samnee's Daredevil Artist's Edition we continue to stay ahead of the pack by featuring not one, not two, but THREE versions of Samnee's gorgeous original art -- we like to think of it as an Artist's Edition triple play! This amazing collection will be presented in TWO books. The first, a hardcover featuring Daredevil Issues 23 - 27. Since these books were lettered digitally, you will see more of the Samnee's original art than ever before! Additionally, all of Chris' beautiful layouts will be printed here, again, scanned from the original art. The second book will be a horizontal softcover, printing all Mark Waid's scripts -- but that's not all -- Samnee's artistic technique involves drawing thumbnail breakdowns ON the script pages themselves. Which means there are THREE versions of art presented, plus the actual script enabling you to read along with the story! Additionally, these two books will come in a handsome slipcase. You've heard the term "Artist's Artist?" This will be an "Artist's Artist's Edition!"
HC/TPB w/slipcase • BW • $95.00 net cost item • 160 page HC + 60 page SC • 12" x 17" HC + 17" x 12" SC• ISBN: 978-1-63140-723-9
•Advance solicited for October release!
•The immensely popular, critically acclaimed, and Eisner Award-winning duo of Mark Waid and Chris Samnee are showcased in their first Artist's Edition!
•TWO books, slipcased!

Xis

Said it before but any tablet from the last few years supporting resolutions of 720p or higher will be enough to take advantage of the hd stuff on comixology and in turn will be good enough for most anything else

I use a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and it's served me well.

I've used a 720p tablet (768p to be exact), and I'll say the experience isn't too hot. At full-page view, text is noticeable blurry, and small point fonts are actually illegible. (Panel view is OK). I'd say 1080p or so is the lowest acceptable resolution for comics reading.

My current tablet has a 7" 1200p screen; the resolution is great but the size is a little small. Next tablet I buy will have a 9 to 10 inch screen for sure.

Boogiepop

Huh, so that's an interesting one...

Comixology is having a "Road to Rebirth" sale, which is pretty much the various Crisis things, Flashpoint, and Convergence. Seeing as I've never read any of those, what's actually worth experiencing from there? The price is not really a huge issue at that cost, but I don't want to throw away money for trash, either...

Comixology is having a "Road to Rebirth" sale, which is pretty much the various Crisis things, Flashpoint, and Convergence. Seeing as I've never read any of those, what's actually worth experiencing from there? The price is not really a huge issue at that cost, but I don't want to throw away money for trash, either...

Final Crisis is definitely worth reading.

So how is Future Quest? Someone read it and tell me if it's worth the monies.

Final Crisis is definitely worth reading.

Final Crisis was butt poop. It felt like it was a cobbled-together sequel to Infinite Crisis.
Fauxseid was the shittiest bullshit that was ever bullshat
. It at least read like a Marvel event in that it started out good.

ElNarez

Banned
Final Crisis was butt poop. It felt like it was a cobbled-together sequel to Infinite Crisis.

How do you do it?

How do you consistently have the worst opinions ever?

Half of it went over my head but I still enjoyed it. It was worth reading.

Owzers

I'm still finding Vader's side adventure to be kinda blah up to issue #9. Ongoing bias is still active, these prequel/sandwich books are hard to ever get me interested because they're always trying to find a story between a story, the ceiling is too low. It's like being a Raptors fan when you already know they are going to lose to the Cavs, it's just not happening.

Rooster12

Flashpoint and OMAC Project to me are the best DC events...simply because it was the least confusing and had great tie-ins.

Infinite Crisis had some awesome moments, but overall not really worth it (Although Countdown to Infinite Crisis is one of the best stand-alone issues....and 52 is one of the best DC series ever).

tim1138

For the two other people who care, Renae de Liz announced that DC gave her the go ahead for volume 2 of Legend of Wonder Woman.

Levito

Banned
Ok here's a question:

What e-reader would you all recommend for reading comics? I really don't want to spend a ton of money, I just want something bigger than my phone.

Top Bottom