• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

diaspora

The worst thing? There's almost no explanation as to how we went from the end of Secret Avengers to Maria Hill, Cracking Wise About All That Cool Human Rights Abuse She's Overseeing in Standoff. (There's like, one line in a Cap issue that kinda says "she's just doing one last big dumb criminal thing and bailing out so we don't have to do the bad shit anymore", but, it's way too thin to work.

EVEN GODDAMN GWENPOOL, A COMEDYBOOK ABOUT JOKES, FOUND A WAY TO EXPLAIN M.O.D.O.K..

Goddamnit we need less Nick Spencers and more Chris Hastingses.

It was hilarious when Steve said "this is going to end in tears" and literally a few panels later everything explodes.

Messi

Not really sure why Maria Hill is still even director of shield after Standoff . That should have been the biggest sign to oust her. Is black Fury still around? he seems to have been a bit of a wet fart all things considered.

After standoff
She has no power. She is just a figurehead while they investigate and punish her for what she did.

Calcium

Banned
Uncharted looks boring and Doom looks like Doom. I'll have plenty of time for Overwatch and comics.

Yeah, I love the series and I completely see where some people would say that. I've played all 4 and I still get hung up on how Nathan Drake is like a damn spider monkey effortlessly jumping up and down cliff sides. Maybe my memory of the other games is a little fuzzy, but what I've played of Uncharted 4 it just seems so excessive so far.

I gave up on buying Uncharted, want to buy Overwatch, and got Doom ps4 in the mail from gamefly and haven't started it because i've been reading COMICS! ( and playing Hearthstone, lots and lots of Hearthstone, and watching nba playoffs). One playoff game takes up most of my possible game time, but i can read comics during the game/hearthstone on ipad.

I completely missed the boat on Hearthstone. Good thing too, it probably would have consumed me for a long, long time.

PsychBat!

Banned
I gave up on buying Uncharted, want to buy Overwatch, and got Doom ps4 in the mail from gamefly and haven't started it because i've been reading COMICS! ( and playing Hearthstone, lots and lots of Hearthstone, and watching nba playoffs). One playoff game takes up most of my possible game time, but i can read comics during the game/hearthstone on ipad.

Uncharted looks boring and Doom looks like Doom. I'll have plenty of time for Overwatch and comics.

Check out the best Uncharted 4 review.

Not really sure why Maria Hill is still even director of shield after Standoff . That should have been the biggest sign to oust her. Is black Fury still around? he seems to have been a bit of a wet fart all things considered.

Oh yes, this reminds me. Which Fury is traipsing around Nu616? 1610 or 616`s son?

It really is. Except for multiplayer. It couldn't even find me enough people for a game.

Not even in snapmap dm? That seems to be the most popular mode, going from the thread.

Hagi

After standoff
She has no power. She is just a figurehead while they investigate and punish her for what she did.

Well damn kudos to Shield. Looking forward to Standoff getting collected so I can read all the stuff from the books I wasn't pulling.

tim1138

It really is. Except for multiplayer. It couldn't even find me enough people for a game.

Oh I don't care about multiplayer in these games.
I'm only an hour or so into the campaign, but I'm pretty blown away by how silky smooth and fast the gameplay is. I'm already enjoying this way more than I did Doom 3 back in the day, this feels like the natural evolution of Doom 2.

Not even in snapmap dm? That seems to be the most popular mode, going from the thread.

I was just trying to get in a quick Team DM game, but I got tired of waiting and went back to campaign.

I'm only an hour or so into the campaign, but I'm pretty blown away by how silky smooth and fast the gameplay is. I'm already enjoying this way more than I did Doom 3 back in the day, this feels like the natural evolution of Doom 2.

Yeah, and I still think Doom 3 was really fun. But this one somehow reinvented Doom. There are also hidden areas within levels with the original Doom graphics.

diaspora

It would be hilarious if Hill somehow was on Carol's team considering that Carol would fuck her up first for her cosmic cube shenanigans.

Owzers

What is Hearthstone exactly? It seems like video game version of Magic The Gathering.

It's a highly accessible, charming, and addictive collectible card game. I never played Magic, very few TCGs before this one and it's the first i've stuck with. You should...try it out.

I haven't played with Widowmaker yet and I am completely garbage with Tracer. Mercy and D.Va are amazing, though.

Tracer's main purpose is just to be annoying. Not to rack up kills. Widowmaker is fantastic if you can find a nice little spot to snuggle down in and pick people off. But her assault rifle is no slouch for close to mid-range combat, either. She's a pretty good all-arounder.

Calcium

Banned
Tracer's main purpose is just to be annoying. Not to rack up kills. Widowmaker is fantastic if you can find a nice little spot to snuggle down in and pick people off. But her assault rifle is no slouch for close to mid-range combat, either. She's a pretty good all-arounder.

I just couldn't get a hang of Tracer's abilities. Maybe I'll get it after playing with her some more, but it was damn irritating to teleport into an area and be instantly mowed down over and over. Not a big deal, though. That's the amazing thing about Overwatch - there are plenty of characters that match my playstyle.

So instead i'm grabbing a 32 GB Ipad Air (first gen) this friday. Really excited to start reading comics in style.

You think going digital is the way to do that?

Zombine

Banned
bastion_from_overwatch_by_bluerx-d8gqi67.jpg

I just couldn't get a hang of Tracer's abilities. Maybe I'll get it after playing with her some more, but it was damn irritating to teleport into an area and be instantly mowed down over and over. Not a big deal, though. That's the amazing thing about Overwatch - there are plenty of characters that match my playstyle.

She's more of a strategic character. When you use her rewind ability, it not only puts her back to where she was X number of seconds ago, but it also puts her health back to where it was at that time as well.

There are some fantastic D.Va fanarts in that thread.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
She's more of a strategic character. When you use her rewind ability, it not only puts her back to where she was X number of seconds ago, but it also puts her health back to where it was at that time as well.

Yeah I've seen other people use her to great effect but like Migrant I just can't get a handle on those abilities.

Between Uncharted and Overwatch I don't know where I'm going to find time to read comics. Dark days ahead.

No Overwatch broke me and I've read more since Saturday than I have in.... forever.

I've read over 50 issues by this point. I'm trying to read everything before it comes out.

frye

I started reading Criminal Vol 1 - Coward. Its great so far. Lovely Brubaker writing and Sean Phillips art. But something was off. and it was bugging me for large portions of what I read. The coloring is off. Its not bad but it doesn't look like Bru and Phillips usual work. So I looked it up and it is colored by Val Staples. Does Elizabeth Breitweiser ever take over on Criminal? She is amazing and Phillips art sings with her coloring. Its not a dealbreaker by any means.

Staples gets better by the second trade. He colours everything Philips does between Criminal and Fatale, so that's a good 7 years worth of comics or something crazy like that

I'm still annoyed with Spencer over Morning Glories. What a big pile of nothing that amounted to.

this guy wrote so many shit comics

i will never forget or forgive

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
No Overwatch broke me and I've read more since Saturday than I have in.... forever.

I've read over 50 issues by this point. I'm trying to read everything before it comes out.

Reading that many comics in such a short period of time cannot be healthy. I worry for you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Looking back I ended up enjoying Squadron Sinister quite a bit. Another case of first issue not doing anything for me and then gradually liking it more and more.

Calcium

Banned
I struggle with remembering my last few seconds so that I can use the rewind to full effect.

I don't have a problem remembering, it's just that when I get there someone would kill me within seconds.

Son of a bitch. I forgot about the Fallout 4 DLC. There goes more of my time...

Calcium

Banned
Real talk, I'm not looking forward to playing Far Harbor as much as I'm looking forward to finishing Far Harbor so I can finally delete Fallout 4 from my HDD.

Yeah, I'm right there with you. Isn't there more DLC planned, though? Pretty sure Far Harbor isn't the end.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
When I was still reading Morning Glories, I would check the wiki to see what the hell was happening, and would often leave even more confused.

Also, I don't see how Uncharted could be considered boring. 4 starts a bit slow, but it's setting the mood. I'm fairly biased though, I absolutely love those games.
Even the Vita one.

Also Witcher 3 Blood and Wine DLC on the 31st. Another 30 hours of Witcher. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

I'm actually pretty excited for that one.

When I was still reading Morning Glories, I would check the wiki to see what the hell was happening, and would often leave even more confused.

I remember it got so bad they actually started including post-issue essays in the comic explaining whst you just read.

Calcium

Banned
It is for me.

Ah, good for you. I'd like to do that, but it would irritate me to not complete everything.

Also, I don't see how Uncharted could be considered boring. 4 starts a bit slow, but it's setting the mood. I'm fairly biased though, I absolutely love those games.
Even the Vita one.

I don't remember what chapter it was, but during the Cemetery chapter I got really, really bored with all the climbing. There was a point where the only way to proceed was to for Nathan to essentially jump to his death, but luckily there was a grapple point that became visible mid-jump. Ridiculous.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Even the Vita one.

When I say Uncharted looks boring I mean the entire series not just the newest one.

Ah, good for you. I'd like to do that, but it would irritate me to not complete everything.

Yeah, I'm not buying anything else for this game. The season pass was it. The fun factor isn't really there anymore because my character is so strong I bulldoze through everything. Finding my way through the dungeon in the first DLC was more challenging than any of the combat.

The final Witcher 3 DLC gonna be good, though.

Right? It's so so amazing. Amazing month. Both Uncharted 4 and Doom are GOTY candidates. Love all sorts of game styles.

In other news my home internet and TV are still out. Estimated time to return? Monday :(

Thank god I've got unlimited data plan still on my phone

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I don't remember what chapter it was, but during the Cemetery chapter I got really, really bored with all the climbing. There was a point where the only way to proceed was to for Nathan to essentially jump to his death, but luckily there was a grapple point that became visible mid-jump. Ridiculous.

That's a pretty common complaint, but it never really bothered me. I like the climbing segments, and think that the changes made to four make them even better. Love the rope swing, love the greater variation in climbing routes.

When I say Uncharted looks boring I mean the entire series not just the newest one.

I thought you might. I think that's crazy, but you like You're the Worst, so we're all good. I just hope there's a game that you like as much as I liked Uncharted, because U4 was a beautiful experience.

Top Bottom