• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

mreddie

You guys trying to find logic in Morning Glories, cute.

Also, Silver Surfer...GOODBYE.

jEZyi93.gif

Calcium

Banned
That's a pretty common complaint, but it never really bothered me. I like the climbing segments, and think that the changes made to four make them even better. Love the rope swing, love the greater variation in climbing routes.

I like the rope swinging too. It just bugs the shit out of me when he swings over to a wall and grabs a ledge without knowing if it will support his weight or not. It's really stupid to play a game like this with that mindset, but that's what I'm thinking the entire time I'm playing this entry. Nathan Drake should die like every 45 seconds of gameplay, but he doesn't. Luckiest son of a bitch alive.

Also, I'm really liking the direction Bendis decided to go with Spider-Man more than I expected.

I've been digging it as well. I actually liked the conversation and rationale behind why Ganke was such a fanboy for Goldballs. Though
Ganke outing Miles as Spider-Man to Fabian was a dick move.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I like the rope swinging too. It just bugs the shit out of me when he swings over to a wall and grabs a ledge without knowing if it will support his weight or not. It's really stupid to play a game like this with that mindset, but that's what I'm thinking the entire time I'm playing this entry. Nathan Drake should die like every 45 seconds of gameplay, but he doesn't. Luckiest son of a bitch alive.

You're not alone, I actually moved my PS4 into my room because my roommate wouldn't stop going on about the tenuous relationship the game has with psychics.

He's not wrong, but that's like complaining about Jungle Book because animals can't really talk.

I've been digging it as well. I actually liked the conversation and rationale behind why Ganke was such a fanboy for Goldballs. Though
Ganke outing Miles as Spider-Man to Fabian was a dick move.

Huge dick move. Don't know what I ever saw in that guy. I'm glad Miles didn't let him off the hook.

Owzers

I ran into the Axis tie-ins for Deadpool. Events are really crushing this run a little bit, nothing seems as interesting anymore.

mreddie

I wont stand for you shitting on Silver Surfer sir.

Like Liz, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK. Actually, I'm meh on the storyline and I need to drop a book. I'm only reading Uncanny Avengers for Hank and Jan.

Also, I needed a excuse to post IDGAF Liz Olsen gif

When I say Uncharted looks boring I mean the entire series not just the newest one.

i mean
the series was pretty much made to be as safe as humanly possible, and they just went from there. Buncha white dudes off on a SUMMER ADVENTURE! (no opinion about 4 since i havent touched that yet)

It's far cry 3 without all the hints that you actually a cokehead tripping balls on a murder spree.

Oddly, i found the Tomb Raider remake much more enjoyable.

Why didn't the bubble gum get colored?

Same reason logan's claws and storm's hand didnt, i'd guess

shingi70

Banned
My yeah my girlfriends just started reading comics and digitally no less. Gotham Acadmey and jem and the holograms.

Praise be the Girly Hijinks!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My yeah my girlfriends just started reading comics and digitally no less. Gotham Acadmey and jem and the holograms.

Praise be the Girly Hijinks!

I just realised why comicGaf loves Overwatch, that game is full of girly hijinks

Owzers

I mean, we all got the Collector's Edition for that sweet Soldier 76 statue, right guys? ....guys?

I was looking up what's in the collector's edition a few days ago, i was puzzled that Solider 76 was a statue. Might as well buy a statue of Nathan Drake or Call of Duty guy.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #5 came out this week. I feel like I'm living in a dream. It has been so long...so very very long...

Calcium

Banned
I was looking up what's in the collector's edition a few days ago, i was puzzled that Solider 76 was a statue. Might as well buy a statue of Nathan Drake or Call of Duty guy.

It's a head scratcher. Almost any other character would have made a far more interesting statue.

Hell no I'm not buying that game

I was under the impression everyone in ComicGAF loved Overwatch. Everything I know is a lie.

It's a head scratcher. Almost any other character would have made a far more interesting statue.

Blizzard saving everyone else for the $150 statue line. That Tracer statue sold out twice and is now $400 on the aftermarket lololol

I would totally buy a $150 Mei statue. Or Pharah. Or Mercy. Or Symmetra.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
International Iron Man 3 was pretty good. And it didn't have your standard "make everything a two page spread so I have to do less work" Bendis-ness.

I usually enjoy his writing, even still, but him always doing that really bugs me.

For all of Alan's excesses, dude's understanding of narrative flow remains great.

Crossed 100 4-6
4 issues of worldbuilding, dropping hints, setting the scenery, aligning pieces.
Issue 5 lets you peek under the hood.
And then, just like that, the new world finally makes sense. Like chekov placed a whole freaking armory in the previous books.

Can now understand why Avatar is ditching Crossed Badlands. Not much point in keeping it around after this. Far more fertile ground.

Owzers

Comicswatch: On tuesday, Comics-gaf promises to make sure that this thread is strictly about comics and comic reading. There will be no exceptions.

Way slow and way behind on comic day but damn the action and flow of the art was horrible I'm Aquaman this week. Aquaman falling one panel and suddenly stabbing the bad guy in the next and all kinds of stuff. Just bad.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Way slow and way behind on comic day but damn the action and flow of the art was horrible I'm Aquaman this week. Aquaman falling one panel and suddenly stabbing the bad guy in the next and all kinds of stuff. Just bad.

They had Grayson-level great asses, though. That counts for something, right?

Top Bottom