• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

The best, and my favorite Quitely page. Simple, soulful, beautiful.

Y'know, that page speaks volumes to Quitely's eye for design. Without knowing what the script called for, I would think many artists would clutter up the scope in the first panel with crosshairs or crappy readouts (mutants detected!). Hell, Van Sciver probably would've found a way to inject his name, or "sex" in the frame. But with Quitely it's a simple, but hauntingly quiet panel where the black space beautifully illustrates the claustrophobic tunnel-vision of using a scope while delivering on the paranoiac terror of being watched in such an intimate situation. I don't think any artist in comics uses negative space better than Quitely.

Even the setting, a steep slope in the woods, is incredibly interesting to the eye and allows him to draw Beak and Angel in a more suggestive way.

Took a break from Doom to play the Far Harbor DLC for Fallout 4. This is actually pretty good. Why didn't they make the game this fun when it first came out?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What happens next week?

Is this a "Overwatch is gonna be so popular oh emm gees you guys dont even know squeeeel!!!" thing?

PsychBat!

Banned
Comics were a mistake...lets reboot again.

I never get tired of people saying comics were a mistake, it's very supportive.

zQr0lJf.gif

Owzers

Batgirl is soooooooooooooooo close

Got my frames ready.

i don't know what we are talking about but it sounds like stalking.

Also finished the pre-SW Deadpool run, i liked the last issue but his marriage is still kinda " this is a thing that is here"

TheFlow

Banned
Future Quest is a fucking hit, how are the spread battles? if there were any

Daredevil still has some of the best marvel cover pages along with art, but this new arc might make me start reading. Lot of bombs being dropped

mreddie

Yup it's the only book I've read from Humphries I actually like it had some really good character work with Hank that was largely ignored everywhere else. Shame really, I should pick up the trades at some point.

I think that's the only good thing Hump wrote, why DC treated his jump for Rebirth was a big deal, I have no clue. That's Big Show jumping from WCW to WWF deals of mehness.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
D.VA is so cool and has some of my favorite skins but the internet is just going to oversexualize the girl characters.

Only a matter of time before we get shirtless mei art.

Matter of time? Lol you dont google much do you flow :3

Just wrapped up Zenith Phase 3. Definitely the best of the series so far and a damn good comic book. You've got a cool multiverse battle with some well executed twists. This is also the start of Morrison just doing his thing which is always fun. Like, Maximan's speaking pattern and the whole plot of Lloigor were classic Morrison lol.

I think my only real hangup with the series so far is that some of the action can be a little hard to follow due to the black and white. I guess the argument could be made that the violence isn't really the real focal point, but still. I do really dig the designs for the characters so I'm happy either way.

I think I feel pretty comfortable in saying that late 80s-early 90s Morrison is my favorite era of his work. It feels really fresh and sincere and I have an incredibly difficult time stopping once I start. Things like this and Doom Patrol are just so addicting. I still love a lot of newer stuff, like Batman, but I'm enjoying this a lot more than something like Nameless. Still need to read Annihilator though.

Owzers

Battleborn reminds me of that magician movie The Illusionist that came out around the same time as The Prestige. Only one actually gets remembered without searching for the others name.

yeah

(Phase 4 has coloured Yeowell art, but I actually think his stuff works much better in b/w)

Loved that panel. Yeowell really nails it when it comes to setting the mood or doing those close-ups. Looks really stylish throughout.

edit: I saw your avatar at the comic shop too. I don't know what it was but it was a big book.

Top Bottom