• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

PsychBat!

Banned
Battleborn is Alien
Overwatch is Mars Attacks!

Ufbr5ej.gif

What was up with Rat Queens? I heard another controversy popped up.

I never said I didn't love it, I do. It's the most quotable Brooks movie.
It's beloved on the same level as Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. Maybe a little lower than those two movies but that all depends on how much you adored Star Wars.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Battleborn vs Overwatch shitposting

In 2016

Messi

What was up with Rat Queens? I heard another controversy popped up.

It's beloved on the same level as Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. Maybe a little lower than those two movies but that all depends on how much you adored Star Wars.

Supposedly Wiebe got rid of Tess Fowler so he could bring back Roc Upchurch. Tess blew up his shit on Twitter for lying about it. Wiebe denied the Roc thing. Claims him he is still looking for a new artist.

Hagi

Started delving into some of the image titles I've missed out on and the first issue of The Fix and holy shit that was good. I love these types of crime caper stories, this was really funny.

Lord knows we desperately need a war game that isn't set in some bland sci-fi future. I would be down for that.

Maybe Battlefield 1 will be the next big thing for every developer to run into the ground.

Zombine

Banned
Started delving into some of the image titles I've missed out on and the first issue of The Fix and holy shit that was good. I love these types of crime caper stories, this was really funny.

So good. One of my favorite image books released this year.

Took a break from Doom to play the Far Harbor DLC for Fallout 4. This is actually pretty good. Why didn't they make the game this fun when it first came out

Scope. Only so much a hundred bro team can do.

Limited focus allows bethesda to perform way better. Happened with Bloodmoon, Shivering Isles, fo3 swamp hobos dlc, and seems to be happening here again.

The pitt was trash tho, so no warranties.

Battleborn reminds me of that magician movie The Illusionist that came out around the same time as The Prestige. Only one actually gets remembered without searching for the others name.

Cmon son, both of those were actually good. One had Tesla Bowie, Batman and Wolverine, the other had giamatti, the hulk and that guy from dark city.

Battleborn has like, nothing going for it. PA called it with that mo like stillborn joke. Evolve 2.0

Hagi

So good. One of my favorite image books released this year.

Reading it was a blast there was a lot packed into that first issue. Lost it at the Battlebots and the psycho stay at home dad. I really want to see The Nice Guys now. I really need to read Superior Foes as well.

Zombine

Banned
Reading it was a blast there was a lot packed into that first issue. Lost it at the Battlebots and the psycho stay at home dad. I really want to see The Nice Guys now. I really need to read Superior Foes as well.

Dude I freaking loveddddddd the father. The dialogue in that book was incredible.

Maybe Battlefield 1 will be the next big thing for every developer to run into the ground.

Oh it will be, but I would rather they run history in the ground. Waiting for that Women's Sufferage Movement FPS. Voting streakkkk.

Hagi

Dude I freaking loveddddddd the father. The dialogue in that book was incredible.

First time I've ever seen someone use cutting off your taint as a threat lol

Oh it will be, but I would rather they run history in the ground. Waiting for that Women's Sufferage Movement FPS. Voting streakkkk.

Maybe that will be the next Homefront game. Press X to launch tactical hunger strike.

Scope. Only so much a hundred bro team can do.

Limited focus allows bethesda to perform way better. Happened with Bloodmoon, Shivering Isles, fo3 swamp hobos dlc, and seems to be happening here again.

The pitt was trash tho, so no warranties.

Cmon son, both of those were actually good. One had Tesla Bowie, Batman and Wolverine, the other had giamatti, the hulk and that guy from dark city.

Battleborn has like, nothing going for it. PA called it with that mo like stillborn joke. Evolve 2.0
The problem is Gearbox and 2K didn't do anything for marketing. People still don't know that it's a MOBA. Although, and I might eat crow for this, I think it'll survive longer than Evolve. Evolve was overrated.
Supposedly Wiebe got rid of Tess Fowler so he could bring back Roc Upchurch. Tess blew up his shit on Twitter for lying about it. Wiebe denied the Roc thing. Claims him he is still looking for a new artist.
So that book is pretty much poison now by the community or are they conflicted by the decision?
They have forums? I thought it was just pictures!
That's half the time broken. There comment section is a real doozy. Some real...........characters on there. lol

Zombine

Banned
First time I've ever seen someone use cutting off your taint as a threat lol

Maybe that will be the next Homefront game. Press X to launch tactical hunger strike.

Speaking of Homefront. How about those discounted frames. Sometimes 100% off. That's a really good deal.

New Avengers #12 - #15: I am really loving this run. So good that Hickman and Co didn't linger on some Infinity aftermath (and hopefully the Avengers run doesn't either).

(Then there's the Bleach moment after Infinity where someone goes - "You thought you beat the ultimate baddies but there's these bunch of even more powerful ones in this corner).

Was Inhumanity another event/crossover? Just one issue after Infinity?!

Messi

The problem is Gearbox and 2K didn't do anything for marketing. People still don't know that it's a MOBA. Although, and I might eat crow for this, I think it'll survive longer than Evolve. Evolve was overrated.

So that book is pretty much poison now by the community or are they conflicted by the decision?

That's half the time broken. There comment section is a real doozy. Some real...........characters on there. lol

The book is dying regardless of what they do. But truth be told Tess wasn't working out. While Rocs art is great it is almost impossible to separate him from what he did. Nor should we tbh. Shitty situation. The book died the moment he was dropped.

New Avengers #12 - #15: I am really loving this run. So good that Hickman and Co didn't linger on some Infinity aftermath (and hopefully the Avengers run doesn't either).

(Then there's the Bleach moment after Infinity where someone goes - "You thought you beat the ultimate baddies but there's these bunch of even more powerful ones in this corner).

Was Inhumanity another event/crossover? Just one issue after Infinity?!

I think Inhumanity was kinda like The Heroic Age or Dark Reign, where it was kinda like a Status Quo instead of an event. Anyway, nobody read it so it doesnt matter

edit: also why is there an argument about fuckin BATTLEBORN on this page

tim1138

I think Inhumanity was kinda like The Heroic Age or Dark Reign, where it was kinda like a Status Quo instead of an event. Anyway, nobody read it so it doesnt matter

edit: also why is there an argument about fuckin BATTLEBORN on this page

Inhumanity was also the final straw that drove Fraction out of Marvel. So there's that.

Revival's on sale on Comixology. Y/N?

Just grabbed it and read the first volume because I was in the mood for more horror after Nailbiter.

I'd be interested to hear if it's generally liked or considered to get better. Not sure if I was really into it. May just grab the second volume to see if it gets any better but the first volume didn't really do much for me.

The mystery just doesn't seem too strong.

Owzers

I didn't get into Revival, read the first 13 issues or so because i had pre-ordered them all before reading and i probably would have dropped it after five if i hadn't done so.

Top Bottom