• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

sn0qzpI.jpg
001231Z.gif

My wallet.........I..............I can't do it............

Owzers

Zatanna statue arrived.

First inspection:

One eye wasn't painted all the way so there's a tiny white dot: minor infraction.

Two spots in the hair that didn't get painted right: requires action

pretty good though, i think i my satin black acrylic paint will work fine on the hair, it doesn't looked chipped on the top area so much as not painted or the paint came off.

Lord knows we desperately need a war game that isn't set in some bland sci-fi future. I would be down for that.
Back to WW2 it is!
That's half the time broken. There comment section is a real doozy. Some real...........characters on there. lol
yeah it's pretty much the worst
New Avengers #12 - #15: I am really loving this run. So good that Hickman and Co didn't linger on some Infinity aftermath (and hopefully the Avengers run doesn't either).

(Then there's the Bleach moment after Infinity where someone goes - "You thought you beat the ultimate baddies but there's these bunch of even more powerful ones in this corner).

Was Inhumanity another event/crossover? Just one issue after Infinity?!
Inhumanity was a weird event where there wasn't really a solo storyline, it was just a bunch of instances of new Inhumans popping up. There's an actual Inhumanity trade. Naturally it's boring as fuck.
Inhumanity was also the final straw that drove Fraction out of Marvel. So there's that.

He wrote the first issue or two of Inhuman (2014), so it must have been something after that, since that run only existed once Inhumanity was over.

Zatanna statue arrived.

First inspection:

One eye wasn't painted all the way so there's a tiny white dot: minor infraction.

pretty good though, i think i my satin black acrylic paint will work fine on the hair, it doesn't looked chipped on the top area so much as not painted or the paint came off.

Sillymonkey will never learn from the past.

Owzers

You go to hardware stores and have them color match the paint, don't you?

I buy a bunch of small acrylic paints from Michael's craft store and then return the ones that match up the least....

Black paint areas so far have been the easiest, i have a matte black and shinier satin finish, it blends in pretty well, worked great on wonder woman's hair and batwoman's bat symbol/outfit.

Zatanna statue arrived.

First inspection:

Splatoon must have given you nightmares.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Read a bunch more Valiant on Scribd.

Unity is ok, it's a bit different of a set up for a team book, but it does a good job keeping the world connected.

Harbinger and Archer & Armstrong are still my favorites, but I really liked the opening arcs on Shadowman. It did seem like they skipped a head through some of the interesting bits, though, because he goes from just getting his powers to already knowing things real quick. Master Darque is a pretty cool bad guy, I'm looking forward to Book of Death when I eventually get there.

Now I'm back on Bloodshot, which is still just ok.

Owzers

Splatoon must have given you nightmares.

My nephew liked it, i keep asking him if i'm a squid and he's a kid. I took initiative and just did the painting now, you know it was a good job when you couldn't remember where the mark was. Victory. The eyeball is on its own though, just going to ignore it, some of these statues have really weird iris locations. What exact direction are these eyes supposed to be looking at, they're all over the place.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hmmm
So are they now not going with a different crew of Legends each season or is this the way they are doing it?

Might have to catch back up to see.
I believe it's theyre way of doing it, it's cheesy at times but enjoyable imo

Is the Justice Society basicly the earlier Counterparts of the JLA members? Is there a possiblity that they going in that direction?

I'm not all that knowledgeable about the
JSA
, but I believe so, yes

tim1138

Is the Justice Society basicly the earlier Counterparts of the JLA members? Is there a possiblity that they going in that direction?

The JSA is the original super team in the DCU and comics in general. They first appeared in the early 40s and appeared in comics until the 50s. In preCrisis continuity they were from Earth 2 and would have cross world team ups with the JLA. Their post Crisis origins were changed to have been a team that operated during WW2 and served as the inspiration for the JLA

JTripper

Read vol 1 of Soule's Daredevil and....it feels like it exists for new fans of the character introduced to him through the Netflix series. It isn't necessarily bad at all, and I actually kind of like Blindspot and his origin, but it really isn't doing much or breaking any new ground. I also don't really care for the drained color noir look. Tenfingers sucks too but
at least he's already "dead" by the end of issue #5. It's more like this first arc exists to establish Blindspot, which I can appreciate since I'm warming up to him already.

NandoGip

I've tried my best googling but can someone help me with ANAD Marvel? It seems like some of these comics reference a bunch of stuff from before Secret wars or something. I read Secret Wars with the intention of then just starting fresh all of the new first issues, but I'm having trouble how it seems like the stories jump around.

-Is there a recommended reading order?

-How should I read the Avengers series? There are 3 ongoing, which I understand are different teams, but when should I start them? Are there any one-hero books I should read before starting any of the particular Avengers books?

-Iron Man: Where does international Iron Man fit in with Invincible? Also where does the Iron Man story officially start with ANAD?

-Are there series that are being released that aren't connected to the universe? Like I see the Contest of Champions that is connected to the mobile game.

-Spider-man and the associated comics. Recommended reading order?

I haven't even gotten started with Civil War II... There has to be a reading order for that right?

Messi

Is she still at the place she went or she back in Gotham in Rebirth?

She is gone traveling to Asia for training I believe

Hope Larson makes her superhero comics debut on Batgirl with Rafael Albuquerque on art, taking Barbara Gordon on a backpacking adventure through Asia. Writers Julie and Shawna Benson from The 100 will reassemble the Birds of Prey for Batgirl and The Birds of Prey, starring Batgirl, Black Canary and Huntress on the trail of someone pretending to be Oracle

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
If I didn't like the first trade should I keep going? I just wasn't feeling the mystery aspect of it, does that part get better at least?

Probably not. It's not like Lazarus where it get significantly better as it goes along. It just maintains what it does very well.

You don't have to do this, you have the power to decide. This guy's avatar is a dog! You know who listened to a dog before? A serial killer.

It is a cute dog though, i dunno, i guess buy Revival.

This dog talks to me too but he mostly just asks for pizza.

Top Bottom