• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

They should be happy that they dont have to be Robin and Aquaman.

Man, KC was amazing and it reminded me a lot of that Twilight of the Superheroes concept Ive read couple of weeks ago.
I like the idea of Themyscira being a rehabilitation center. It makes so much sense.

Yeah I'm enjoying Academia quite a lot, it feels oddly fresh to me. Very varied cast with a lot of great designs. All Might is awesome, it's funny but him being drawn in a different style really is a great touch.

I don't know if it's just me, but the art style in that series feels like a blend of manga and cartooning.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Huge leaked Rebirth spoilers.

I don't read DC comics aside from Batman, so can someone explain to me how
The Watchmen are now part of the DCU?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
No. Stop where you are.

Kingdom Come was one of the early books I read when it came out that made me like and Enjoy DC outside of batman. It's the books where I stopped making fun of superman and finally got what made him great.

I almost dont want to say it, but after reading that "no deaths at any costs!" Superman I am kind of disgusted of eh, more modern interpretations. Loved how his relationship with Diana more and more escalted due their different approaches regarding the situation at the camp.
Also disliked the super-KZ. Felt kinda off with the rest of Kal-Els approach. Also Shazam was so great, to bad there is so few books with him.
My only problem was Batman, was a little bit to much, but I guess everybody wents crazy when you spend a decade in you cave.

I like the idea of Themyscira being a rehabilitation center. It makes so much sense.
Loved that Batman opended a giant wellfare center.

Huge leaked Rebirth spoilers.

I don't read DC comics aside from Batman, so can someone explain to me how
The Watchmen are now part of the DCU?

LOL! The meltdown one person will have over this will be so fucking glorious :D

First thought its a bad decision but time will tell.

Owzers

Ah damn that sucks I really like the Hughes Harley statue as well. See that they have newer line based on designs by Artgerm but not really a fan.

I don't like the newer line at all, i'm very selective of what i paint. A lot of the newer line has a softer looking sculpt as well as more pastel coloring.

Einchy

2WgF5a6.gif

Hagi

My first thoughts are that's fucking stupid but now I actually want to see where this crazy train goes so well done Geoff Johns?

Ross61

So my thought are:
Right now, I'm shocked but since I haven't read the actual issue I can't comment positively or negatively.

ElNarez

Banned
This spoiler is exactly the kind of thing I would put in a post to get attention to dumb bullshit I made up.

In fact, let's do this.

I just read Rebirth, it's fucking nuts. They do this weird parody of Hickman's Avengers, right, and Danny the Planet from the Morrison/Case Doom Patrol run becomes the new Mogo. Also, Jonni DC, Continuity Cop, is the one who creates the Rebirth Stormwatch, there's even a crazy flashback to Dragon Knights. Also also: Ultra Comics shows up. Ten of them. And Death from Sandman shows up. She hooks up with Kyle Rayner (no shit). Final page of the issue is a spread of John Constantine's face looking at the reader, saying "cor blimey mate this is a real twilight of the superheroes".

frye

This spoiler is exactly the kind of thing I would put in a post to get attention to dumb bullshit I made up.

In fact, let's do this.

I just read Rebirth, it's fucking nuts. They do this weird parody of Hickman's Avengers, right, and Danny the Planet from the Morrison/Case Doom Patrol run becomes the new Mogo. Also, Jonni DC, Continuity Cop, is the one who creates the Rebirth Stormwatch, there's even a crazy flashback to Dragon Knights. Also also: Ultra Comics shows up. Ten of them. And Death from Sandman shows up. She hooks up with Kyle Rayner (no shit). Final page of the issue is a spread of John Constantine's face looking at the reader, saying "this is my face while fucking you in the ass".

sounds about right

Einchy

Rebirth spoilers

Yo, does this mean
Zack Snyder could possibly make a re-boot of Watchmen and have it take place in the DC cinematic universe!?!

THE POSSIBILITIES

tim1138

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if Bleeding Cool's speculation on how the fucking bonkers thing plays out is right, it's actually a neat trick.

MEGA SPOILER

Dr Manhattan as the hand of creation for the DCU

ElNarez

Banned
Are the rebirth spoilers worth waiting till Wednesday?

Typing this from my new iPad, item to start reading some comics.

They're so fucking unbelievable that you can read them, and you'll still be shocked on wednesday if they turn out to be true (which they won't, because, come on now. COME. ON. NOW.)

bless you whatsinaname

if it's real, then I think it's actually pretty damn cool

Also, friendly reminder: please mark your spoilers. It's not out so be courteous of others.

Top Bottom