• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if Bleeding Cool's speculation on how the fucking bonkers thing plays out is right, it's actually a neat trick.

MEGA SPOILER

Dr Manhattan as the hand of creation for the DCU
This is some Akuma being a canon character in Tekken lore level of crazy.

Hagi

This event

101.gif

Well, that's some weirdass shit for sure.

Can't speak to the entire reddit leak, I'm looking at the compatcted 4Chan version (because the reddit post got deleted), and there are pictures, so... it certainly seems real. At least in part.

It's definitely not what I was expecting, but it could be amazing.

Or terrible.

But I have no idea which.

Well, that's some weirdass shit for sure.

Can't speak to the entire reddit leak, I'm looking at the compatcted 4Chan version (because the reddit post got deleted), and there are pictures, so... it certainly seems real. At least in part.

It's definitely not what I was expecting, but it could be amazing.

Or terrible.

But I have no idea which.
PM me the 4Chan leak.

Hagi

Reading the spoilers I'm actually shocked this isn't a full blown event and is more just like a status quo shift with the one shot's.

Yeah it just dawned on me that this isn't even an event so we are going to waiting a while before any of this shit has a substantial pay-off. Man what a ride.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Rebirth question

Why is Wally coming back a big deal? Has he been dead for a really long time?

ElNarez

Banned
I love it.

I love
the idea that everything bad in the DCU happened because of Watchmen, literally and metaphorically. I mean, there's a straight line from Watchmen to, say, Identity Crisis, or even Cry for Justice. It takes a lot to make your big corporate comic an admission of guilt to that level.

george_us

Everyone's reaction here made me curious so I went on ahead and looked up those Rebirth spoilers knowing I won't read it. Huh. Seems bananas. Are DC's sales in the toilet or something?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone's reaction here made me curious so I went on ahead and looked up those Rebirth spoilers knowing I won't read it. Huh. Seems bananas. Are DC's sales in the toilet or something?

Sort of, Batman does well, but they've tried a lot of different things and not much of it has worked sales wise.

I love it.

I love
the idea that everything bad in the DCU happened because of Watchmen, literally and metaphorically. I mean, there's a straight line from Watchmen to, say, Identity Crisis, or even Cry for Justice. It takes a lot to make your big corporate comic an admission of guilt to that level.

#Morrison
WasRight

I did say substantial. :p This is going to be setup then we are going to get strung along for at least a year. I'd be surprised if they blew their load so soon they usually go out with a whimper later on.

Actually, it doesn't seem to be working like that. Immediately post-Rebirth, most of the books seems to just... start doing their own thing again.

Vic_Viper

Any good Cyber Punk comics from the big 3 (marvel, image, DC) that are worth checking out? About to pick up Transmetropolitan and was wondering what else is out that's really good.

Bronx-Man

Banned
So someone just linked me that DC Rebirth spoiler and uh........wow.

So is Dr. Manhattan responsible for everything since COIE, or just the New 52?

Boke1879

I actually love it. I gotta see it all play out. But I think the Rebirth title plays a huge role in all of this. I love it though.

JTripper

I think I'm gonna sign off of this thread until Wednesday for safety. It's probably only a matter of time before the spoilers consume me before then though.

Top Bottom