• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Messi

the amount of threads we will get. the DC rebirth thread is about to be hammered by driveby post

Wait wtf!? I don't plan to read her books but still wtf.

It happened pre jimmy and Amanda and they said it didn't happen in their version of Harley and would never be mentioned again. All involved recognize it was fucked up and a massive mistake.

Here's the pages

1450571377927.jpg

Fucking idiots.

Aww man aww man I want to read those spoilers. I'm a guy who has read like barely any pre-new52 stuff so will these DC Rebirth spoilers make me meltdown or just shrug?

Hagi

It happened pre jimmy and Amanda and they said it didn't happen in their version of Harley and would never be mentioned again. All involved recognize it was fucked up and a massive mistake.

Here's the pages

This is pretty fucked up where is it from? Suicide Squad?

Aww man aww man I want to read those spoilers. I'm a guy who has read like barely any pre-new52 stuff so will these DC Rebirth spoilers make me meltdown or just shrug?

Well, part of it is almost certainly going to confuse, intrigue, or enrage you. Assuming you have anything like a regular reading history.

Boke1879

It is what it is. You have people going overboard and acting like this is truly something shocking. It'll get people talking, but mostly it's just comic nerds being comic nerds. What they are doing is just an easy way to retcon the new 52 honestly.

TheFlow

Banned

Here's the pages

Fucking idiots.
One of the darkest things I have seen in a comic

gabbo

So i've been in the dark about rebirth, is it one big event book/miniseries or is ti going to be DC wide (ie all characetrs are getting new books based around it and it will all tie together through that?)

TheFlow

Banned
So i've been in the dark about rebirth, is it one big event book/miniseries or is ti going to be DC wide (ie all characetrs are getting new books based around it and it will all tie together through that?)
Someone link this man the rebirth thread but yes all books are being rebooted except for a few

Well, part of it is almost certainly going to confuse, intrigue, or enrage you. Assuming you have anything like a regular reading history.

It is what it is. You have people going overboard and acting like this is truly something shocking. It'll get people talking, but mostly it's just comic nerds being comic nerds. What they are doing is just an easy way to retcon the new 52 honestly.

So I just read them and it's pretty cool but not something that would make my face melt off.
Alan Moore has to be brimming with fury right now

Messi

Villains Month? ah I skipped all that crap which is why I've never seen that before. Good to see that they completely ignore it and focus on hijinks instead.

Yup it was a villians month tie in.

Jimmy said he wanted nothing to do with that and that the Harley Quinn he is writing never did it. I'm fine with that. I think it is so wildly out of character for Harley. It's such a demented plan. I was stunned after reading it. Harley's in a much more fun and better place now so it's all good.

Hagi

Jimmy said he wanted nothing to do with that and that the Harley Quinn he is writing never did it. I'm fine with that. I think it is so wildly out of character for Harley. It's such a demented plan. I was stunned after reading it. Harley's in a much more fun and better place now so it's all good.

That's good I'm going to start buying the trades again because I'm way behind digitally. I love the interaction she has with Ivy in it. My girlfriend has been saying for a while how she's wanted to get into the book as well.

I love this is Johns making his mark....again. You can always tell when he gets to make his move.

And I always enjoy Johns take on DC and its characters, history and legacy.

Messi

That's good I'm going to start buying the trades again because I'm way behind digitally. I love the interaction she has with Ivy in it. My girlfriend has been saying for a while how she's wanted to get into the book as well.

The hardcovers are the way to go. Volume 4 is out soon too.

tim1138

I love this is Johns making his mark....again. You can always tell when he gets to make his move.

And I always enjoy Johns take on DC and its characters, history and legacy.

It's a pretty ballsy farewell to comics as he makes his transition to the movie side.
I think it's pretty great.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Then why even read comics :p

Because I enjoy reading other comics. This twist is neat I'll admit but it isn't going to change thing much in the long run is it? If I HATED the idea of Rebitrth 3 hours ago do you really think this twist is going to be enough to change that?

Poodlestrike knows the answer to those questions is no. That's why he isn't even bothering with me. He's a very wise man other than his love of DC. :)

It's pretty hilarious that that issue came out shortly after the Harley ongoing book was announced, though. Like, how the fuck does that happen?

It's a pretty ballsy farewell to comics as he makes his transition to the movie side.
I think it's pretty great.
Yea. I'll miss him. I felt until recently Johns was mailing in his N52 JL book. Wasn't bad but you could tell it wasn't his passion.

I have hope for his DC movie oversight

Messi

Disgusting amount of comics talk in here right now. Where is the Tracer content?

It's pretty hilarious that that issue came out shortly after the Harley ongoing book was announced, though. Like, how the fuck does that happen?

Yup and they were like... Wtf no that's not our Harley at all. Early on the really didn't mention the Suicide Squad stuff either. Going as far as to say that they feel it's separate.

DC editorial fucked them with that issue. It's hilarious

Cancel Overwatch. Fuck that game. Leave it to DC to revive interest in comics.
New 52 isn't completely retconned.

tim1138

Yea. I'll miss him. I felt until recently Johns was mailing in his N52 JL book. Wasn't bad but you could tell it wasn't his passion.

I have hope for his DC movie oversight

I'm definitely gonna miss him, he's one of my all time favorites. If he can take his passion and knowledge to the movie side and WB takes full advantage of it, BvS underperforming could end up being a blessing in disguise for WB

Because I enjoy reading other comics. This twist is neat I'll admit but it isn't going to change thing much in the long run is it? If I HATED the idea of Rebitrth 3 hours ago do you really think this twist is going to be enough to change that?

Poodlestrike knows the answer to those questions is no. That's why he isn't even bothering with me. He's a very wise man other than his love of DC. :)

I try bro.

Remember a few days ago when I discussed how badly DC has fucked over
Alan Moore these past 30 years?

LOL. Douche publishing move.

Didn't they
try to offer a renogiated contract or something? Recently-ish, around Before Watchmen.

ElNarez

Banned
NAREZ

BRO

YOU CALLED IT

I've said a lot of bullshit tonight, so, I'm gonna have to ask which part.

The
"This is DC finally condemning Watchmen for opening Pandora's Box, if you'll forgive the Other Geoff Johns Big Event Book reference, and ruining the way they look at comics forever?"
part? Because that's basic-ass reading of the themes involved, all things considered.

TheFlow

Banned

Lol I am not goig to bother writing stuff for someone who is not going to give rebirth a try especially for 3 bucks.

If tragicomedy is giving it a try you have no reason not to other than being salty :p

ElNarez

Banned
I was totally goofing on the Pandora's Box thing but: man what if

what if that had been a throughline in all of Johns' post new 52 work

what if he had been exploring this theme all along

what if he got much less credit than he deserved

VanWinkle

Can't wait to read 52 when the first of the new big paperbacks come out. I mean, YES, I wish desperately that I could get the omnibus, but it's just too expensive for me. The paperbacks will cost about $35 for the two assuming 50% off day-one discounts. Compare that to over $80 for the omni. Just can't justify that.

Can't wait to read 52 when the first of the new big paperbacks come out. I mean, YES, I wish desperately that I could get the omnibus, but it's just too expensive for me. The paperbacks will cost about $35 for the two assuming 50% off day-one discounts. Compare that to over $80 for the omni. Just can't justify that.

Yeah I'm looking forward to those too. 52's been one of those things I've always wanted to read but I always thought it was too pricey.

Also looking forward to getting Rucka's Wonder Woman when the trades come out.

DC doing pretty good on reprints this year.

ElNarez

Banned
What if Zack Snyder was a part of the plan all along

its always darkest before the dawn(of justice)

I mean, that's a joke, but also : yeah Johns and Snyder kinda operate on the same way. Like, both do this thing where heroes get challenged by big heavy dark shit only to triumph in the end. Like, ultimately, heroes in their works are right, in the face of a terrible cynical world. It adds up.

VanWinkle

Yeah I'm looking forward to those too. 52's been one of those things I've always wanted to read but I always thought it was too pricey.

Also looking forward to getting Rucka's Wonder Woman when the trades come out.

DC doing pretty good on reprints this year.

Yeah, they have, with trades at least. Wish they would start pumping out their OHCs more often, though.

TheFlow

Banned
Power man and Iron fist #4

what a great conclusion to the arc. Luke cage throwing danny because he did it with wolverine was so funny. Also lion king references? check

My only complaint is jessica being the stay at home mommy every issue when she was once a crime fighter herself.

HEROES FOR HIRE ARE BACK.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Power man and Iron fist #4

what a great conclusion to the arc. Luke cage throwing danny because he did it with wolverine was so funny. Also lion king references? check

My only complaint is jessica being the stay at home mommy every issue when she was once a crime fighter herself.

HEROES FOR HIRE ARE BACK.

Only 3 more months until it hits MU!!!

Top Bottom