• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

ElNarez

Banned
I only read Action Comics and I'm confused as all fuck

How is Clark dying? Who's this double? WTF is happening, pointless me reading this if I need to read another 3 superman books

Clark is dying from all the this that's happened in the Superman books, Justice League and JLA.

The not-constantly-on-fire double is the pre new 52 Superman, put on our Earth by Telos after the events of Convergence, where he and Brainiac had a bunch of people from different timelines and universes fight each other.

The constantly-on-fire double IS THE WHOLE MYSTERY OF THAT ARC.

Also, yeah, it's one story across 8 issues of four books. There's numbers on the covers for ease of following.

Owzers

I only read Action Comics out of the many superman books and I'm confused as all fuck

How is Clark dying? Who's this double? WTF is happening, pointless me reading this if I need to read another 3 superman books

DC simply wants you to enjoy more books instead of just reading Action Comics.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Clark is dying from all the this that's happened in the Superman books, Justice League and JLA.

The not-constantly-on-fire double is the pre new 52 Superman, put on our Earth by Telos after the events of Convergence, where he and Brainiac had a bunch of people from different timelines and universes fight each other.

The constantly-on-fire double IS THE WHOLE MYSTERY OF THAT ARC.

Also, yeah, it's one story across 8 issues of four books. There's numbers on the covers for ease of following.

Appreciate the info, thanks

Is the on fire double the new superman for rebirth?

What good from Marvel from the past year, want to catch up on MU

Squirrel Girl
The Vision
Squirrel Girl
Black Widow
Mockingbird
Squirrel Girl
Ultimates
Spider-Man/Deadpool
Squirrel Girl
Doctor Strange
a few assorted Star Wars comics
Power Man and Iron Fist
and, most importantly of all, Squirrel Girl

They launched a whole lot of new books all at once. I'm not surprised it got lost in the shuffle. No pun intended. For me, it's one of those books I just never got around to.
I had an itch to read it for about 12 years or so. I had seen it featured in an old wizard magazine. It always looked interesting and since Ive been a trade waiter since I was 15 I ended up waiting a very long time haha; found it a half price books not long ago and decided to pull the trigger. I can see how it gets lost in the shuffle. Too many good comics out there. Youll never read them all.
I'm assuming you mean the DnA/Copiel one right?

I know! It's the book I read to get into Legion. Very accessible. I bring it up here and there but it never moves the needle :(

That mini lead to a whole lengthy and fun run. But DC never acknowledges it via trades. Nor is out on CMX yet. Maybe one day.

For me that's my legion since it's the one I started with.
Yeah that's the one, I ve never read any Legion before and despite the fact that it very clearly is picking up where another story ended, it does a pretty good job of guiding you along. That's unfortunate that the following run isn't completed. I was checking around amazon for it and I couldn't find anything. Was thinking about comixology
Legion Lost is very good, I'd say it's one of the three essential Legion stories with the Great Darkness Saga and Legion of Three Worlds. I just don't think there's a lot of interest in the Legion these days.

Different book. Before DC reappropriated the name for a crappy N52 launch book, there was an excellent 12 issue miniseries by Abnett, Lanning, and Coipel. If you have any interest in the Legion it's well worth reading.

To think, people talking about the Legion and GrandHarrier is nowhere in sight
Thanks, Ill keep an eye out for Great Darkness Saga and Legion of Three Worlds. Reading up on Wikipedia, it seemed very confusing on what else to pick up.

Who is GrandHarrier? Sounds like a Valiant shill

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So Bloodshot's book just changed its name to "Bloodshot and H.A.R.D. Corps" and oh god someone please help me I rolled my eyes so hard the retina detached.

So 90s. I'm just waiting for the half jackets and pouches.

arkon

Finished up the Usagi Yojimbo Fantagraphics collection. Great stuff. Don't think there was a dud story in the bunch. Enjoyed them in all the different forms from the one-shots to the longer stories like Dragon Bellow Conspiracy. Really appreciated the attention to continuity across the stories with all the characters coming and going. There's an eclectic cast of secondary characters that complement Usagi nicely. My favourite probably being Gen. Loved the stories he appeared in and the back and forth with Usagi.

Can't wait to get cracking on the Dark Horse saga collections now.

Does anyone know what's the source for this?

So Bloodshot's book just changed its name to "Bloodshot and H.A.R.D. Corps" and oh god someone please help me I rolled my eyes so hard the retina detached.

So 90s. I'm just waiting for the half jackets and pouches.

The good thing about Bloodshot is that it is often perfectly aware of what it is, and what people expect from it.

I mean, the name of the thing is bloodshot.

PsychBat!

Banned
UFeJpQz.gif

tim1138

I had an itch to read it for about 12 years or so. I had seen it featured in an old wizard magazine. It always looked interesting and since Ive been a trade waiter since I was 15 I ended up waiting a very long time haha; found it a half price books not long ago and decided to pull the trigger. I can see how it gets lost in the shuffle. Too many good comics out there. Youll never read them all.

Yeah that's the one, I ve never read any Legion before and despite the fact that it very clearly is picking up where another story ended, it does a pretty good job of guiding you along. That's unfortunate that the following run isn't completed. I was checking around amazon for it and I couldn't find anything. Was thinking about comixology

Thanks, Ill keep an eye out for Great Darkness Saga and Legion of Three Worlds. Reading up on Wikipedia, it seemed very confusing on what else to pick up.

Who is GrandHarrier? Sounds like a Valiant shill

That's because DC has done a shit job putting out LoSH collections and keeping the ones they have released in print. There's no good reason why you shouldn't be able to buy trades of all of the Levitz/Giffen or Five Years Later or Threeboot eras.

You should also keep your eyes open for The Lightning Saga - it's a JLA/JSA/LoSH crossover that was very good.

Vic_Viper

Just realized how much Image has been killing it lately. Aside from Saga, books like East of West, Lazarus, and Deadly Class were never on my radar. I can't believe I've been missing some of the best stuff that all of my go to writers are working on.

Btw how is Gotham Central? Never read it and was looking at books on IST and it seems like it's right up my alley. I realize it's a GCPD focused book but are Batman, Nightwing, or Robin in it or do they just make appearances?

Just realized how much Image has been killing it lately. Aside from Saga, books like East of West, Lazarus, and Deadly Class were never on my radar. I can't believe I've been missing some of the best stuff that all of my go to writers are working on.

Btw how is Gotham Central? Never read it and was looking at books on IST and it seems like it's right up my alley. I realize it's a GCPD focused book but are Batman, Nightwing, or Robin in it or do they just make appearances?

Gotham Central is stupid good comics.

Batman makes the occasional appearance, but by and large it's about the GCPD, more specifically the Major Crimes Unit, which means they spend a good deal of time dealing with Batman's villains.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The panels are from Flex Mentallo. If you mean what happened to Johns, he was appointed to a Kevin Fiege like position within WB to oversee the DC movies. Rebirth is his farewell to comics (at least for the foreseeable future)
Oh, I see :D Hope he does welL

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know what's the source for this?

The good thing about Bloodshot is that it is often perfectly aware of what it is, and what people expect from it.

I mean, the name of the thing is bloodshot.

Top bit's from this weeks Astonishing Ant-Man, and you're mostly right about Bloodshot, but I feel like the brief run where he was part of PRS again and Hard Corps it was less knowing then it had been before.

Messi

Gotham Central is stupid good comics.

Batman makes the occasional appearance, but by and large it's about the GCPD, more specifically the Major Crimes Unit, which means they spend a good deal of time dealing with Batman's villains.

Gotham Central is incredible comics

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Gordon on/offduty at GCPD is the second worst always changing continuity trope right after Peter Parker living at Mays house :D
When I read all the 2000s big Batman storyline it changed all the time :D

Top Bottom