• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Does it ever explain how Miles gets his web shooters with him now being in the main universe? No "dead" Peter Parker to give them to him in this universe.

It's the same Miles I believe so same webshooters

So is he aware of SW? Isn't stuff different for him like his mom being alive and what not?

Maybe I'm thinking too much into it. I just get confused on where he comes into this universe. The first talk with Peter seems like they've already met but even at that time Miles was going around as Spider-Man.

CMX DC sale this week is plastic man. So Kyle bakers run is back on sale. Which is cool. So is a random sampling of various JLA issues. I could have swarn Kelly had him in more issues as a team member. But he was fun being on the team when he did.
https://www.comixology.com/Plastic-Man-75th-Anniversary-Sale/page/10600?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

Also older comics but I'm not sure if any are good

This might be my first CMX purchase! I need to read that back half of Baker's run.

I have been going through the DC Archives collections. The older comics are great and hold up very well.

arkon

BPRD Plague of Frogs volume 3 was fantastic. Incredible comics. Getting Arcudi onboard was a masterstroke.

I'm almost tempted to jump straight to volume 4 now but sticking to the reading order gives me an excuse to crack open the Hellboy Library editions which have been gathering dust since I bought them.

Messi

So is he aware of SW? Isn't stuff different for him like his mom being alive and what not?

Maybe I'm thinking too much into it. I just get confused on where he comes into this universe. The first talk with Peter seems like they've already met but even at that time Miles was going around as Spider-Man.

Miles gets his mom back at the
end of Ultimate End from Molecule man because Miles gave him his hamburger in Secret Wars. No joke.

TheFlow

Banned
BPRD Plague of Frogs volume 3 was fantastic. Incredible comics. Getting Arcudi onboard was a masterstroke.

I'm almost tempted to jump straight to volume 4 now but sticking to the reading order gives me an excuse to crack open the Hellboy Library editions which have been gathering dust since I bought them.
Wish the hc versions were easier to find

SuperOrez

Hi everyone. If i want to get started on marvel stuff, wheres the best place to start? I like avengers and captain america but might be open to other stuff. I don't think I want to buy any trades at the moment I just want to jump on in. Also is that possible with the star wars line?

TheFlow

Banned
Hi everyone. If i want to get started on marvel stuff, wheres the best place to start? I like avengers and captain america but might be open to other stuff. I don't think I want to buy any trades at the moment I just want to jump on in. Also is that possible with the star wars line?

MU

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah. I'm missing volume 3 myself. I'd love it if they changed their mind and started doing proper Library editions for it.

Right!

Good news is BRPD Hell on Earth ends this year. which means HC announcements are incoming. We might get a reprint of plague of frogs

edit: Hellboy in hell is ending this year too? damn we definitely getting some announcements in the fall

Right!

Good news is BRPD Hell on Earth ends this year. which means HC announcements are incoming. We might get a reprint of plague of frogs

edit: Hellboy in hell is ending this year too? damn we definitely getting some announcements in the fall

I would kill for a Usagi Yojimbo hc1 reprint. Still salty they underprinted that by 600 copies.

diaspora

Has Marvel said anything about Kaine since he temporarily died in Spider-Verse? Gotta get the best spider-man back.

C2CwhCY.jpg

Owzers

I don't know when Amazon is shipping me Uncharted, they said arriving by may 2nd-6th and changed it to Expected by May 6th. Expected? That term is the worst.

I have 5 ps3 games i want to play before i can trade in my ps3 or just abandon it completely: Vanquish, Red Dead Redemption Zombies, Syndicate, XCOM, and finishing Portal 2.

I also read Punisher #2 on MU: I am not that interested in the classic punisher format of "there are people the heroes won't go after so i will" apparently, it just seems like a dull set up for a story.

Team Coyote, Loot solo book incoming.

Sadist

Miles is aware of Secret Wars.

Essentially it's like this;

- Miles meets 616 Peter during Spider-Men and they talk. They go through 1610 Peter's stuff with Gwen and the latter gives him 1610 Peter's webshooters.

- When Miles rides along with the Maker and the Cabal, he retains all of his memories regarding the 1610 universe.

- When he meets 616 Peter he asks him "It's you right? The other Peter?"

- During their meeting with Molecule Man and Miles giving him a burger MM says "Hey kid, thanks for the burger. I owe you one." with a grin. Miles looks puzzled.

- When Earth Prime is created, as a solid for Miles Molecule Man brings his whole life to the mainstream universe. During the ending of Ultimate End his mom wakes him up (happy and confused to see her alive) and looks outside his room to see Ganke, Lana, (Bombshell) and that glasses kid from his school standing there.

- Except for Miles they all remember their lives differently. His mom never died obviously and Jefferson doesn't have bum leg anymore. He however stil had a troubled past with Aaron though. So I think his gangmember past has been slightly altered. The others don't remember the Ultimate universe apparently.

Miles is aware of Secret Wars.

Essentially it's like this;

- Miles meets 616 Peter during Spider-Men and they talk. They go through 1610 Peter's stuff with Gwen and the latter gives him 1610 Peter's webshooters.

- When Miles rides along with the Maker and the Cabal, he retains all of his memories regarding the 1610 universe.

- When he meets 616 Peter he asks him "It's you right? The other Peter?"

- During their meeting with Molecule Man and Miles giving him a burger MM says "Hey kid, thanks for the burger. I owe you one." with a grin. Miles looks puzzled.

- When Earth Prime is created, as a solid for Miles Molecule Man brings his whole life to the mainstream universe. During the ending of Ultimate End his mom wakes him up (happy and confused to see her alive) and looks outside his room to see Ganke, Lana, (Bombshell) and that glasses kid from his school standing there.

- Except for Miles they all remember their lives differently. His mom never died obviously and Jefferson doesn't have bum leg anymore. He however stil had a troubled past with Aaron though. So I think his gangmember past has been slightly altered. The others don't remember the Ultimate universe apparently.

Ok cool, thanks. That makes it much more understandable. I ended up skipping Ultimate End thinking it'd be lost on me because USM was basically all I was up on.

Mindwipe

I agree. The logic of how, at the very least, everyone else remembers Miles' history happening is a bit absent.

Okay, it's very absent. It's absent to the extent of OMD absent.

It'd also be nice to have what Peter saw when he looked up 616 Miles after their first meeting explained one day...

I agree. The logic of how, at the very least, everyone else remembers Miles' history happening is a bit absent.

Okay, it's very absent. It's absent to the extent of OMD absent.

It'd also be nice to have what Peter saw when he looked up 616 Miles after their first meeting explained one day...

I'm fine with all the mystery I was just feeling like I missed something in the second issue with Miles and Peter talking. 616 Miles and Thor whisper, any other recent mysteries that were just abandoned?

Weirdworld has to be Marvel's biggest disappointment with ANAD. They gave it two books and two major storylines in other books (Extraordinary and Squadron Supreme). Black Knight didn't even make it to 6 issues and it looks like Weirdworld will soon follow. I wonder if they'll keep it around in some form, it's such a cool setting. The possibilies are endless.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've started Manhattan Projects. It's 100% Hickman, so it's 100% awesome. Only at #6, but I can see this going places.

Thanks to GAMEPROFF I bought this one:

Question, what are some other good Spider-Man Comics? If possible TPB :D

The Killing Joke really made me want to read more comics again.

Take a look at this thead. Ultimate Spider-man is a good bet!

Owzers

Weirdworld kind of reminds me of DC trying to keep Frankenstein around after an event miniseries. I've only read the SW five issue mini so far though.

Hagi

I ordered Secret Wars today because I realised I never read the last 3 issues so that should give me something else to read tomorrow.

Think I'm going to drop Spider-man I just got to issue 6 or 7 and it's really not doing it for me.

Messi

Weirdworld has to be Marvel's biggest disappointment with ANAD. They gave it two books and two major storylines in other books (Extraordinary and Squadron Supreme). Black Knight didn't even make it to 6 issues and it looks like Weirdworld will soon follow. I wonder if they'll keep it around in some form, it's such a cool setting. The possibilies are endless.

Yeah the main book is going away.

Yes! BPRD is so so good. I can't wait for the big collections for Hell on Earth once that finishes.

It's a real shame that Arcudi is leaving once it's over. He's been a great asset along with Guy Davis who is unfortunately gone as well. Still, Mignola picks some ace creators to work with like Cameron Stewart so I think things will be okay.
All New All Different isn't too far in, so it's easy to start at #1 for all of the Marvel stuff right now. Marvel Unlimited is a good deal if you don't have a desire to be completely up-to-date on everything, definitely check that out. The ANAD started going up on it recently too.

If you're into Cap, I imagine you can also start with the new Steve Rogers comic starting this month just fine.

Top Bottom