• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

TheFlow

Banned
Gotham Central omnibus will be mine on Wednesday. Looking forward to reading that.

I've been waiting on my local shop to receive Y The Last Man Vol 2 HC and Daredevil End of Days since December but they still haven't gotten them. I think it's time I just buy them from Barnes or something since they've delayed my Y reading long enough.
Instock trades if you can.

VanWinkle

I am going to read all of hellboy this week so I started with volume 1(library edition)

I think hands down this is the greatest hc collection ever for the price. The pages are poster board thick, art is vibrant, and the page count is just right.

Just browsing through it is enough to put you in awe. I can't think of anything that surpasses this.

Going from this to a regular hc collection is night and day

YES. It's like that with all of the library editions. They're the best value in the GAME.

This is all of the LEs I have right now, but I also plan on Fear Agent Vol 2, Kabuki Vol 2, and the Hellboy LEs. Plus all of the Kabukis and The Goons in the future, The Massive, Termainal City, etc.

IMAG0664.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
YES. It's like that with all of the library editions. They're the best value in the GAME.

This is all of the LEs I have right now, but I also plan on Fear Agent Vol 2, Kabuki Vol 2, and the Hellboy LEs. Plus all of the Kabukis and The Goons in the future, The Massive, Termainal City, etc.
Those are all on my wish list. But I gotta finish my usagi collection first

Pollux

What's the consensus on the marvel Star Wars and Vader comics? My store is having a deal on $1 per back issue on Saturday and I was gonna pick up all of them if they were worth getting

Owzers

What's the consensus on the marvel Star Wars and Vader comics? My store is having a deal on $1 per back issue on Saturday and I was gonna pick up all of them if they were worth getting

Inoffensive star wars filler with nice art.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lets see if I can do this without accidentally spoiling something again >_>

Extraordinary X-Men #1 - loved it, this book is what I imagine in my head as a "x-men book" if that makes sense. I love the roster, the art is fantastic (Ramos's best work in ages?), the premise for the book is cool and ties with the inhuman books, and just overall it feels..."right". I cant explain it, hopefully other x-men fanboys get what I mean.

Hercules #1 - this was actually pretty good. Fun book, fun idea for Hercules in a modern setting, good art, no complaints here. I bet it bombed hard and its already canceled tho.

Deadpool #1 - this was good aswell. Duggan continues to write tye best Deadpool, and in this casebthe most subdued Deadpool in years, as he barely cracks any jokes and just acts normal for the most part. It explores Deadpool being rich and popular now and funding the Avengers (as seen on Uncanny Avengers) and also his merc "heroes fornhire" side project. Nice introduction to the new series, just not very funny so far.

Amazing Spider-Man #3 - weakest issue yet in my opinion, as the whole Johnny being mad at Peter buying the Baxter Building didn't really work for me, nor did Zodiac's attack. In fact the villains have been the worst part of the book so far and this was very focused on them. Still enjoyable and the art is still fantastic, just not on the level of the first 2 issues for me.

Invincible Iron-Man #3 - This on the other hand was fantastic, as Tony gets his butt whooped by Madam Masque, has a great dialogue with his girlfriend-to-be scientist lady (Bendis was always great at these Kevin Smith-like dialogues) and then a even better scene with Dr.Strange (the now famous high give scene). Art continues to be great aswell. Still shocked at how good this book is. Oh and speaking of the good doctor...

Doctor Strange #2 - this book is what comic books are all about for me. Already one of my favorite books in years, the crazyness continues as Stephen helps the young lady and her mind parasite problem, we get an awesome tour of the sanctum sanctorum ("Don't talk to the snakes"), Wong has a nice scene and there's a bit more of these magic hunters arc info. Bachalo continues to be on fire and this book lets him go even mote nuts than he usually does with page layouts. Love it.

JEKKI

I have a Batman question... spoilers on the current run btw...

I read issue #51 and it was cool I guess...

but #50 made no sense at all!!

did anybody talk about this issue?? what I want to know is

wtheck is up with that random ass Gundam that comes out of nowhere that's colored as the Joker?!?! then a few pages later, apparently Batman is driving the Gundam now, except it's no longer colored as the Joker

seriously... what's up with that?!?!

That Kabuki is just sitting there. Begging to be read.

Those Goon Library Editions are tempting me. I really don't know what to order this week.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Extraordinary X-Men #1 - loved it, this book is what I imagine in my head as a "x-men book" if that makes sense. I love the roster, the art is fantastic (Ramos's best work in ages?), the premise for the book is cool and ties with the inhuman books, and just overall it feels..."right". I cant explain it, hopefully other x-men fanboys get what I mean.

Hercules #1 - this was actually pretty good. Fun book, fun idea for Hercules in a modern setting, good art, no complaints here. I bet it bombed hard and its already canceled tho.

Deadpool #1 - this was good aswell. Duggan continues to write tye best Deadpool, and in this casebthe most subdued Deadpool in years, as he barely cracks any jokes and just acts normal for the most part. It explores Deadpool being rich and popular now and funding the Avengers (as seen on Uncanny Avengers) and also his merc "heroes fornhire" side project. Nice introduction to the new series, just not very funny so far.

Amazing Spider-Man #3 - weakest issue yet in my opinion, as the whole Johnny being mad at Peter buying the Baxter Building didn't really work for me, nor did Zodiac's attack. In fact the villains have been the worst part of the book so far and this was very focused on them. Still enjoyable and the art is still fantastic, just not on the level of the first 2 issues for me.

Invincible Iron-Man #3 - This on the other hand was fantastic, as Tony gets his butt whooped by Madam Masque, has a great dialogue with his girlfriend-to-be scientist lady (Bendis was always great at these Kevin Smith-like dialogues) and then a even better scene with Dr.Strange (the now famous high give scene). Art continues to be great aswell. Still shocked at how good this book is. Oh and speaking of the good doctor...

Doctor Strange #2 - this book is what comic books are all about for me. Already one of my favorite books in years, the crazyness continues as Stephen helps the young lady and her mind parasite problem, we get an awesome tour of the sanctum sanctorum ("Don't talk to the snakes"), Wong has a nice scene and there's a bit more of these magic hunters arc info. Bachalo continues to be on fire and this book lets him go even mote nuts than he usually does with page layouts. Love it.

New stuff on MU? Yay!

I've only read Vader and the C-3PO one-shot. The former is really good and the latter was...it's something.
Inoffensive star wars filler with nice art.
Also this.

You my bae

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just want that new Thunderbolts book to be good. I dont think thats too much to ask for :/

VanWinkle

Holy crap. Eleven episodes into Young Justice and it's one of the best animated series I've ever watched.

The art style and animation are astounding, too.

New stuff on MU? Yay!

Here's what should be released today:
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #3
AVENGERS VS INFINITY #1
CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS #2 (doesn't show up on new releases but is found in series)
DEADPOOL #1
DOCTOR STRANGE #2
DRAX #1
EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #1
HERCULES #1
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #3
NOVA #1
STAR WARS #11

Hasn't shown up yet:
HOWARD THE DUCK #1
UNCANNY X-MEN #600
VISION #1
There's also other stuff but these are the new books

Rhaknar

It's a comic book, it's always too much. I'm going to ask for next week's Raw to be good because i think anything is possible.

Fuck. Are you saying #1 was Raw tier? :/

Edit: oh contest of champions #2 is on MU? Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: wait I already read this last month, they added #1 and #2 at the same time (accidentally?), I thought you meant #3

Owzers

No, i was just hoping for something that's not going to happen. I haven't read the new Thunderbolts ( is that out?), it was just a standard "comics were a mistake" post.

Edit: wait I already read this last month, they added #1 and #2 at the same time (accidentally?), I thought you meant #3

Ah so that's what happened, I was using old release archives to follow what MU should be putting out weekly.

Probably not too dependable.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Here's what should be released today:

There's also other stuff but these are the new books

Awesome thanks.

My MU list.......

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #3
DEADPOOL #1
EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #1
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #3
NOVA #1

Deadpool is one of two ADAD issues I read back when it came out. I didn't care for it then but I'll give it another shot.

Exams are really eating my comic time. Even as I continue to buy more comics.

How much would some of that Burnham Nameless art set me back? Loved his work in that.

Mindwipe

Star Wars is fine, as other people have said it's inoffensive without being especially inspiring. Pretty though.

Vader is genuinely pretty good, mostly due to the supporting cast it introduces.

Before reading New Avengers #17 it was recommended that I read Avengers #28 first, so I thought why not and started the latter from the beginning.

Hats off to Jonathan Hickman and all of the contributing artists. This Avengers run is bloody brilliant.

I'm like halfway through the Infinity crossover arc right now and ugh.

So fucking good.

The amount of planning it must have taken to create such amazing narratives across two series...

Oh and my copy of Wonder Woman Earth One finally arrived too. Also loved it, but I prefer George Perez' origin story more. It's nice that Wonder Woman swings both ways though. Bisexual queen of DC <3

Avengers Standoff: So...someone read or watched Wayward Pines? That's all I could think while reading the first issue.

The art in Invincible Iron man is tripping me up a bit also just because I can't help but think Tony is drawn to look so much like Britt from Terriers.

Zombine

Banned
Absolute....PREACHER?

All of my old books are becoming obsolete.

I'll be upgrading to the Gotham Central omni as long as their is no explicit gutter loss.

Top Bottom