• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Howard The Duck #1 was added to MU like someone said it would be last night. Still no Vision tho ;_;

tim1138

Well that's a shame. It was my impression there were going to be more of these contained stories in the Manhattan Projects universe, too.

That was definitely the original plan, but for the foreseeable future, it's dead.

Have you seen those Pitarra TMNT pages hes been doing?

Yep! He also did an interlocking variant cover for all 5 issues in that miniseries. I dunno who else is working on it, but him and Ryan Browne both did issues for it, which means I buy will them.

Mifune

Mehmber
I read all of Wytches last night. Holy shit was it good. Creepy as hell and surprisingly heartfelt. Crazy art, too. This is the first Scott Snyder thing I've enjoyed. Although I'm re-reading Court of Owls and it's better than I remember.

Why has it been a year since the last issue? Snyder talks about the second arc in the back of issue six.

What else should I read by him?

Messi

I read all of Wytches last night. Holy shit was it good. Creepy as hell and surprisingly heartfelt. Crazy art, too. This is the first Scott Snyder thing I've enjoyed. Although I'm re-reading Court of Owls and it's better than I remember.

Why has it been a year since the last issue? Snyder talks about the second arc in the back of issue six.

I thought he said it was gonna be one arc a year around Halloween.

TheFlow

Banned
Hellboy, Vol. 1: Seed of Destruction
Once I started reading I couldn't stop. Great introductory to the Hellboy universe. I love the way hellboy conducts business. hoping I can finish 2 more volumes today.
One of my favorite panels

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

I'd also recommend reading the backmatter for Wytches if you didn't. Snyder talks really personally about his struggles as a parent and a writer. I actually think that I liked the essays more than the book itself.

JTripper

Wytches is great and I'm really happy they included the supplemental material in the trade. I can't wait for the rest.

I've never read American Vampire though and I want to catch up soon before Snyder gets back into it since I'm pretty sure it's also on hiatus.

TheFlow

Banned
Wytches is great and I'm really happy they included the supplemental material in the trade. I can't wait for the rest.

I've never read American Vampire though and I want to catch up soon before Snyder gets back into it since I'm pretty sure it's also on hiatus.

American Vampire is the best vertigo title. Second cycle is weaker than the first part but the horror factor is cranked up a notch. The main baddie is scary as fuck

plus American Vampire Anthology #2
is releasing this summer which means we will be getting more american vampire later this year/spring.
AV-ANTHOLOGY-CVR2-Previews-r1-43574.jpg

80 pages

Owzers

I started Black Science up again with issue #9 after a long break, ended up browsing through 6, 7, and 8 to remember what the heck was going on, then moved on to 10.

I wish there were a world they jumped to where Roman Reigns had all the championships at once. I guess Grant's kids are growing on me and seem to be the focus point in character expansion, but i'm still not sold on the book itself, the world hopping and
multiple Grants trying to find the kids.
I have every issue so i'll read more, but in an alternate universe i never got involved with comics at all. Was that a mistake?

I started Black Science up again with issue #9 after a long break, ended up browsing through 6, 7, and 8 to remember what the heck was going on, then moved on to 10.

I wish there were a world they jumped to where Roman Reigns had all the championships at once. I guess Grant's kids are growing on me and seem to be the focus point in character expansion, but i'm still not sold on the book itself, the world hopping and
multiple Grants trying to find the kids.
I have every issue so i'll read more, but in an alternate universe i never got involved with comics at all. Was that a mistake?

That's kind of my same hang up after getting all caught up. I really like the premise and like the book, just not sure if where it's headed is exactly what I wanted when I started reading.

Howard The Duck #1 was added to MU like someone said it would be last night. Still no Vision tho ;_;

Welcome to six months ago.

:D

American Vampire is the best vertigo title. Second cycle is weaker than the first part but the horror factor is cranked up a notch. The main baddie is scary as fuck

plus American Vampire Anthology #2
is releasing this summer which means we will be getting more american vampire later this year/spring.

I've read so much American Vamp, I think I'm tired of it at this point. The first run was ace, and Second Cycle started out pretty solid. But I'm just not into it anymore the way that I used to be.

I am a healer, much like my comicgaf persona. I play Mercy. Hear me roar.

That, sir... is a load of butts.

didn't someone say instock trades updates at 3pm eastern?

Usually around there. Give or take. It's not an exact science.

Calcium

Banned
I am a healer, much like my comicgaf persona. I play Mercy. Hear me roar.

I play quite a bit with Mercy, how do you feel about her weapon? I mostly just boost other people if no healing is needed, her gun feels so weak and useless.

TheFlow

Banned
thanks for the help messi

and I am starting the overwatch beta now(ps4)

I have two pc early access keys as well

TheFlow

Banned
Gotham Central for 48 bucks!? fuckkk yesss

we stand on guard for less than 14 bucks? God bless you guys for telling me about instock trades

I'm debating what to get from IST. I'm trying to curb spending, so I've got three potential orders for this week.

My options are:

Scalped Deluxe Hardcover Vol. 1-4

------

Gotham Central omnibus
I Am A Hero Vol.1

------

Goon Library Edition Vol.1-2
I Am A Hero Vol.1

TheFlow

Banned
Freezasaurus- gotham central, it is on sale.

I am also intereste in scalped because the prices are soo good but I gotta look at the hc reviews first.

I'm debating what to get from IST. I'm trying to curb spending, so I've got three potential orders for this week.

My options are:

Scalped Deluxe Hardcover Vol. 1-4

------

Gotham Central omnibus
I Am A Hero Vol.1

------

Goon Library Edition Vol.1-2
I Am A Hero Vol.1

Gotham Central
Scalped v4

Maximise those 50% prices.

Then use the extra 2% on Scalped v1-v3.

JTripper

Gotham Central ordered. To replace the shipping I just added Bitch Planet Vol 1 since I hear it's good. I've got some heavy duty reading to do!
But not until I play Uncharted 4.

To replace the shipping I just added Bitch Planet Vol 1 since I hear it's good.

It's definitely an interesting read. Though if I have a complaint about it, it's that it's a very angry book and it feels sometimes like Kelly Sue is attacking me just for being a man.

Mifune

Mehmber
I read the first three volumes of Scalped before dropping it. I know it's a favorite of many but I just found it to be so grim and fucked up without a shred of humor or cultural insight. Not my thing.

TheFlow

Banned
I read the first three volumes of Scalped before dropping it. I know it's a favorite of many but I just found it to be so grim and fucked up without a shred of humor or cultural insight. Not my thing.
Wait there is no cultural insight?

Edit: like does it give you information on actual reservations and history like other cultural books?

BPRD Plague of Frogs volume 3 was fantastic. Incredible comics. Getting Arcudi onboard was a masterstroke.

I'm almost tempted to jump straight to volume 4 now but sticking to the reading order gives me an excuse to crack open the Hellboy Library editions which have been gathering dust since I bought them.

Welcome to the party, pal

Mifune

Mehmber
Wait there is no cultural insight?

I only saw stereotypes. And that might be the point - start from a place of cliche and then go deeper - but for the first 18 issues or whatever all I saw was unlikable people doing fucked-up shit.

I thought stealing Merle Haggard's tour bus was pretty funny

Messi

I've heard complaints that's it's not an accurate depiction of Native Americans, and it's more of a white man's fantasy (i.e. the women in the book don't have the right body types for Native American women, etc. etc.)

Yeah dude. You didn't get that feeling when reading some of the recent issues?

No, I mean I thought you were a girl. :(

Top Bottom